[APP][PRO] Zigbee2MQTT

I also thought about that, but in HA it works flawless, so my hope was the same in HP… I’ll ask the app owner and see if i can get and answer.
Thanks,

You can maybe try localhost or 127.0.0.1

But I think when developing the app I once tested running the broker on my HP2023.

It kinda works now… Now MQTT is OK. Now I have to figure out the bridge thing. One step closer.

Well, if even mqtt explorer cannot find it, it seems the broker is not setup correctly.

But that works now :v:
See replay above, i have to setup a bridge. I’ll see if there’s an app for that.

Since the forum exists to help each other, it would be nice if you explain here what you changed to make it work.

That app is called Zigbee2MQTT, and it runs e.g. on a rpi. See instructions at initial post.
I thought you already had it running on HA…

1 Like

@Gruijter If Pipsen86 haven’t offered you the device, I would like to donate.
I think it would be a strong device to have…

No, Pipsen hasnt. So if you want to donate a device send me a pm.
But have you tried it? Looking at the description it should already work.

1 Like

I did, the app did not show the device, it found other z2m devices, just not this one…
@Gruijter I do not think I have pm rights, my account is probably to young.
Don’t know if you can reach out to me…

I have an Ikea FYRTUR roller blind which I prefer to connect via zigbee2mqtt because it supports OTA.
But how can I modify the Cover from homey using the zigbee2mqtt app? (Payload: {"state": "CLOSE"} or {"position": 50} ) ?

I would need to add support in Homey. You can donate (the funds) for a device to enable me to do so.

@Sortima many thx for your kind donation! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I think they cost €120 I’m willing to pay a part of that but not all, maybe someone else can chip in? I’m also willing to do all kinds of testing, logging export, etc. O and if your living close to breda your more then welcome to come and drink all my coffee :joy:

2 Likes

Not sure if you already found the solution for the error message “Error: MQTT settings OK, but no Zigbee2MQTT bridge info found”. I got this error message when I first tred to connect the bridge from Homey. The root cause where insufficient permissions on the mosquitto MQTT broker.
In particular, I had to grant permissions also to the sub-topic. i.e. topic/# the “#” is for the sub-topics.

So, everything works fine. Many thanks to everyone who is involved to make Zigbee2MQTT!!

1 Like

Hi I wasn’t completely satisfied with your answer on groups so I made a proof of concept to prove that It is possible to use groups. Would you be open to together collaborate on making this happen?

Errors adding any devices

Successfully paired to existing zigbee2MQTT Mqtt broker.

~ the app shows ~110 devices in the Mqtt broker.

Adding a new device results in a wait…

Followed by a blank window

Also if any changes to the app config are made it results in an error, there is no circumstance that I can find where a Save works,

I a migrating all my zigbee devices to zigbee2MQTT and using Node Red, and currently use Homey to reach the devices I can’t get to any other way.

But would be nice if I could use Homey to see zigbee2MQTT and maybe use homey to run stuff than NR.

What version Z2M are you running? Is it a recent version. Otherwise pls update Z2M first and try again. V1.33.1 is the current release: Release 1.33.1 · Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt · GitHub

Running 1.33.1

I keep it up to date

Also looks like the device should be string error applies to EVERY device in Homey.

Is this a new 10.0.2 feature?

Update - wrong

I am on 1.33 not 1.33.1, just tried updating zigbee2MQTT with git pull and I get an error
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:

package-lock.json

Please commit your changes or stash them before you merge.

Aborting

Performed

git checkout HEAD – package.json

Still no joy, zigbee2MQTT 1.33.1 won’t install :frowning:

1.33.0 should work. I have that running myself.
Can you create an app diagnostics report just after you try to add devices in Homey?

It appears to be a Homey iOS App issue

Using the web interface works ok - been able to add the devices with zigbee2MQTT 1.33, I have raised an issue report with 1.33.1 on GitHub. But it looks like it has imported 114 devices - going to check them now.

The iOS App is having issues with 10.0.2 - that I suspect are part of the problem I reported earlier