[APP][PRO] Zigbee2MQTT

Yeah I renamed my device but its definitely a bug that I would like to resolve for others, not sure though when I would have time for it, I’m expecting a second baby this week :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I was able to spend some last minute time on this could you test this for me?

Thanks!

1 Like

Just recent experience during testing of Bticino/Legrand/Netatmo App for Homey | Homey from @Gal_Carmeli - we had similar problem, with multiple custom “alarm motion” capabilities, while actually Gal merge them into one/default alarm_motion capability (as example - any motion trigger default one ).

Wouldn’t that be solution / workaround also for Zigbee2MQTT, eg. creating always default one for any kind of motion/tilt/vibration into alarm_motion, alarm_contact ?

Just idea, not mine but works :wink:

motion

Thx @Sharkys ! I’ll think about it.

2 Likes

Is there any downside implementing it this way?

Yes. Complexity in coding and therefore difficult to maintain the app. My time is limited.

1 Like

If you don’t believe it’s worth it or it’s too complex change, please don’t spend time on it - it was just suggestions, I thought adding new capabilities for newly registered devices (or repaired one - but looks like there is no repair function - so possibly newly added only) might be elegant and easy solution and also helping in others areas, not only Heimdall, but seems it’s not the case. Thank you for all you do.

1 Like

There currently are only 5 very niche devices which even expose both presence and occupancy. What about just mapping both to alarm_motion?

@Gruijter Can you add a AND flowcard for blinds, so you can check if the blind is closed or not. Could also something like more or less then value of position?

You can already do that with a logic card.

2 Likes

Totally forgot about it :man_facepalming:
Found it!

1 Like

new version 2.3.4 was just released.

• Fixed device topic match.

Thx @Sre and @staeff !

Hi, this morning none of my devices worked as it said my bridge was disconnected. Restarted app, and all devices came back. However, it still says my bridge is disconnected. But it is not.

HP19, also restarted Homey to test. Everything works, just wanted to let you know about the false positive

@Gruijter thank you for the great app. I have been using it to access aqara switches in decoupled mode. I bought a new Aqara T1M ceiling light as it’s now supported by z2m. I can control the light as expected directly, but when I import it to homey I can’t do anything at all (on/off, colors, brightness etc). The light has 2 light sources in case that might be an issue?

The light in question

This one needs special stuff. If you are willing to donate a device I am willing to try adding support.

I have Moes BHT-002-GCLZB control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT thermostats, temperature and target_temperature works perfectly.

What does the Auto/Manual/Holiday preset selection do?

I’d be in need to set system_mode between heat and off from a flow to turn of heating when A/Cs are cooling.

Also condition cards for System mode is/isn’t heat/off would be useful for flows.

Wouldn’t mind if the sensor selection IN/AL/OU would be visible.

@josserke84 many thanks for your kind donation. Much appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::beer:

1 Like

This is amazing! Thank you for making this happen! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

New version 2.4.0 is ready as test: https://homey.app/a/com.gruijter.zigbee2mqtt/test/

• Added support for more ikea devices.
  • Changed alarm_motion key so that it is presented as zone activity.

For devices that have multiple presence or motion alarm this update might cause issues. Please let me know if that is a problem for you. On the upside, this change will let more alarm devices report as Homey zone activity.

Thx @Sre for the PR!

4 Likes