[APP][Pro] WhatsApp - Simple. Reliable. Private

I managed to add my phone but now, when I try to send a test message I get this “Invalid mobile number OR Invalid group invite link”

What format is the correct one for phone numbers?

@Valentin_Ciopei 31612345678 (where 31 is NL, change to your code) there’s also a hint in the flowcard :wink:

I noticed but is not working. I tested all variants possible.
Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 16.07.45

send also rapport

@martijnpoppen Running v1.12.4 now.
Even though it took some time, the Whatsapp app on my phone accepted the pairing step.
Though, Homey gives me a (timeout?) message after several minutes:

@MrBlue yeah found that aswell. Update 1.12.7 should fix that. :wink:

1 Like

New app update (LIVE: 1.12.10):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: none

FIXES:
1: FIX: error handling
2: FIX: validate phonenumber (allow non dutch numbers :man_facepalming: )

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Whatsapp - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

1 Like

@Valentin_Ciopei @Helmut_Willems see fix above. My checker was validating dutch numbers only… :man_facepalming:

Great! The device creation/pairing worked!
Sending a message to myself or a friend triggers the error message as shown above by others, even though it’s a Dutch number (316xxxxxxxx)

1 Like

@MrBlue are you on 1.12.10? - please try +31

1.12.18 is not yet available for me, but 1.12.10 is.
Just tested, and works! :star_struck:

2 Likes

@MrBlue not sure if you know.

but if you go here WhatsApp App for Homey | Homey and press the green install button it will update to the latest version :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

At your service :saluting_face: :joy:

1 Like

Works

when i push the green button it stay on 1.12.10

tnx for the app

1 Like

1 Like

@Helmut_Willems haha i’m trying to do 2 things at a time. 1.2.10 is latest indeed!

2 Likes

Everything works fine now!! Thanks

2 Likes

It works now!

2 Likes

Apps is nice and quick, Thank you for your work @martijnpoppen !

I have 2 questions:

1. the WhatsApp linked device is called “Mac OS”. Special reason? I am using Android and Windows.
  2. when I app myself via Homey flow, I do not receive an alert from WhatsApp. Is this a WhatsApp restriction?

Hey @Amersfoort

1. The Homey Whatsapp identifies as a MacOs. This was free of choice so I chose to be it a MacOs Devices ;). It’s just that we’re mimicking a Whatsapp Web instance so it has to be given a System which it “runs” on. So w’ere telling whatsapp that this integration runs on MacOs. Ofcourse I can change it to something else, but it’s mainly cosmetic.

2. Sending messages to yourself don’t give a notificaiton. This is native whatsapp functionailty. Normally when you send a message to yourself you already read it.