[APP][Pro] WhatsApp, Signal, Telegram, Facebook messenger

Sending snapshots to FB is not working in HP 2023. native Homey notifications sends the snaphot correctly.

Schermafbeelding 2023-06-17 123939

That’s an homey pro issue. They are looking into it, but don’t seem to prioritize it. I expected it to be fixed in rc118 as the changelog said it d be fixed, but it still doesn’t won’t.

Hello
I already reported the problem with the images and error 403 to Athom about cca. 6 weeks, unfortunately still no solution

homey23 send the images as xxx.bin file so this error message occurs, if you send the image by e-mail sender it is also an xyz.bin but if you rename it it is the image.

So the only problem is the incorrect file extension.
it works for push messages
Let’s hope Athom solves this problem

1 Like

Hi
I am new to Homey, and have tried to add CallMeBot - Whatsapp but maybe im doing something wrong.

Ive tried to send a whatsapp message to phone number +34 644 76 66 43, but the number does not appear to have a whatsapp account, and, as such, i cant have an apikey.

Is there any other way?

Best regards and thank you in advance for any reply.

Compare the numbers :wink:

+34 644 76 66 43

2 Likes

Hi, i got this msg:
I need your support
https://callmebot.com/(my phone number)
You have 19 messages left

is this normal? Also, the link doesnt work.

Still, great app, would love to donate.

Hi Diogo,

Thx for you kind donation! :heart:

See also this link for other user experience with rate limits: [APP][Pro] WhatsApp, Signal, Telegram, Facebook messenger - #164 by Matrean

I contacted the maintainer of callmebot.com what his current rate limits are. Still waiting on a response.

The link you sent via paypal works for me. So maybe try using it from another device. On that link you find a button to pay 4 euro to callmebot.com to support them for a year. I guess that increases your rate limit, but Im not sure to how many messages per hour.

What’s the command to stop using callmebot and cleare the phonenumber and api key?

1 Like

T/m 's ochtend 24-7-2023 heeft het prima gewerkt. Vanaf de avond niet meer. WhatsApp werkt wel.
Viel wel samen met een update van de Homey App naar versie 7.2.2.1244.

De mobiele Homey app heeft in principe niets te maken met het functioneren van de CallMeBot app.

1 Like

Ja dat dacht ik ook al. Echter qua tijdstip viel dit precies samen. Toeval, de wet van Murphy…

1 Like

De CallMeBot app even opnieuw starten denk ik.

Heb 'm herstart en een testbericht verzonden. Krijg nu de melding: Service is down (410): Sorry for the inconvenience. There is a technical problem and I am working on it. The service will be back in 24hs (on July 26th or sooner)
Wordt het toch weer logisch. En bedankt voor de tip van het herstarten van de app.

3 Likes

Is there a way to make group chats with family members for WhatsApp ?

Connecting with Signal bot was no problem.

WhatsApp bot is not giving an apikey back.
The 2 blue v shows the bot get the request but is not acting.
Also on a the second request few minutes later.

Edit
It was a typo from me. :blush:

I was testing the functionality, using different tags. I still have errors.
See below,

The screenshots are made, I can see them in the developer tools. I also can see the image when hovering on the tag.

The problem seems to be with the sending part.

Hey i try to send a image with callmebot and Signal. I get a error message from the flowcard. The preview image is available

Not a Homey user (yet), but been messing around with callmebot from another angle (Google Apps Scripts). Started getting some 403 errors, so I chopped down the character length to somewhere under 1000 characters. I’m sending to WhatsApp via callmebot using URLs, and “theoretically” URLs can have up to 2000 characters – generally. Mine was 1500 and getting errors. Lopped off about 700 characters just now as a trial, and it went through – no more 403 Error. Haven’t read enough of this thread here, but maybe that’s helpful? (Would also like to know the absolute callmebot call character limit, if one’s known – don’t see it on the website.)

Homey model?
App version?
Does the test URL work?

Still works OK here, HOMEY PRO 2019, so it’s not a general issue with this model.

You can try the test URL, to see if it’s Homey or something else:

Test URL:

https://signal.callmebot.com/signal/send.php?phone=[phone_number]&apikey=[your_apikey]&image=[url_image]

The image URL of 2.3 CAM Voordeur can be found here:
Homey Developer Tools

(EDIT: they aren´t plain pictures)
You can use this test picture URL:

1 Like