[APP][Pro] Volvo on Call - Connected technology that makes your life easier

Hi and thanks for committing :slight_smile:

Connected my early -22 XC60.

• lock view ok. Nok action and Nok update
  • distant view ok. Update 41m ok
  • location view ok. Update ok, my address .
  • engine view ok. Nok update (engine running, not true. ā€œSenate vƤrmepump okƤndā€.
  • fuel (petrol) view ok. Ok update (500 km, updater 10min ago)
  • battery range view ok. Ok update (19km, update 11 min). BUT in Volvo app 17km
  • Carging system status view ok. Update ok (100% and ā€œKlarā€)

Great start. Battery range difference relates to update time?
Locking do not work.
Enging status Nok.

1 Like

I sent a diagnostics
430562ab-30ef-4dac-9ccf-e49dc0d548cb
Vehicle is a Volvo XC90 2023

I saw that the engine is also being reported succesfully.

Send a second diagnostics 5 minutes after restarting the app.

3fda6379-0678-4170-ab01-655170cc1394

I can see in the diagnostics that itā€™s also having issues getting the location or the doors status. But that information is being updated in the appā€¦

Ahā€¦ it might be the old device I still have active in the app.

Scratch thatā€¦ I thought I didnā€™t delete the old one, but apparently I did

Added some more logging of the error from Volvoā€™s API in the v1.2.7 test version.

Engine status seams to be working. -30C outside, donā€™t want to start it just now.

The refresh interval is set to 5 minutes by default. You can set it as low as 1 minute in the settings on the device.

I have seen myself before that it lagged a bit with engine status via this API endpoint, donā€™t know why. What is returned from the API is what is shown.
Maybe will see for debugging purpose if I do a setting for each value in the app to display the timestamp from when it was fetched from the car. The API returns this.

All seems to be okay now
I send another diagnostics

6cc99e27-2e5c-4ffa-89a4-9d0ff157ec85

All status fields have a value now in homey

Battery range Ok updated now. 17km.

Lock and unlock works, but update is slow. Will try some different update time in app setup.

The latest test version got some debug info in the device settings. Last updated timestamp for the different values in the app. The timestamp for when the Volvo api got an updated value from the car.
Also added a field for the last API error. It may contain information about your vcc token or similar if there are problems when invoking the Volvo APIs

Have this version for a day now and it seems to be working. All 6 dashboard items are being updated and look valid.

I do still see it raises an error occasionally telling the API key is incorrectā€¦ but it isnā€™t because it seems to be working most of the time

Thanks for adding the support for Android auto!

2 Likes

Something is wrongā€¦

Which version of the app?
Which device type?

1.2.9 and Volvo on Call ā€¦ 2019 SPA model.

Is adressed in v1.3.0 :+1:

:+1: Superā€¦ my garage door and car heating flows are working again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Stuck in the add new connected car dialog

When pressing login nothing happens. My Volvo app login information and api key from portal seems to be correct

After app restart its working :slight_smile: both my Volvo xc70 and Volvo xc40 2023 is in the app now :slight_smile:

Nice work!

2 Likes

The latest test version also contains improved error handling to show what the problem is :+1:

Nice!

I noticed that the vehicle is unpaired from Volvo app so I guess the api only supports one connection. I will try to pair the phone with the car again to see what happens.

This is interesting, or strange. Havenā€™t read about that. Donā€™t own a Volvo anymore so canā€™t test myself.
The authentication part is copied from here, GitHub - Dielee/volvo2mqtt: Home Assistant addon for connecting AAOS Volvos, as stated before - and I havenā€™t seen that comment there.