[APP][Pro] Virtual Devices - Virtual Devices to simulate 1 or more real devices

Did you see this page:

It’s not yet updated for Homey V2, but that should just be the same different.
Let me know if it is not clear.

thanks a lot! I was not aware of the “technical name”.
Now it works!

Is it possible for you to add channel up and channel down besides the volume up and down buttons in the device section?

Hi, this is probably a stupid newbie question, but I am trying to set up an Aqara double wall switch. I have realised that the only way to control the second switch is to enter the device card and use the pull-down menu, but setting up two virtual devices linked to the two switches should do the trick. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how, when I set up a new virtual device, I can link that to the second switch. All my attempts only turns on/off the first switch. Any help?

1 Like

I am using the v2 and it seems to me that multi mode does not work :frowning: I tried to create a multi mode device but it is not what I expeuand surely not what is described here.
Am I right or wrong?

Well, after some tinkering, I’ve managed to make it work (define the virtual device as switch) and use flows to link on/off on the virtual switch to turning on/off the second switch of the wall switch. However, when these are used in the Home app (which is how I mainly control my smart home), turning on/off switch 2 changes the displayed state of switch 1 (not the actual state).

@Arie_Laxed
Would it be possible to add a door and a window as a virtual device in the app?
Both should be able to display the status open, closed and tilted.
Thank you in advance.

It would be able to lock the thermostat via a flow.
So that when the electricity is expencive, the thermostat is locked from manual tampering.

I follow the capabilities and classes as defined by Athom, although I still have to add a few:
https://developer.athom.com/docs/apps-reference

It is not feasible for me to add a capability for every specific situation, but I tried to create a Multi-mode such that you could define the states yourself. Unfortunately the multi-mode is not working as it should on Homay V2 and I’ve yet to find time to look for alternatives.

The least I could do is add a window-icon to the virtual-switch, so you can create it with an onoff or one of the windowcoverings-capabilities.

Help Wanted !
Trying to update a virtual device (class: light, capabilities, On/Off and Dimmable ) via MQTT. on/off works fine but I don’t manage to update the Dim value (0 .00 - 1.00).

Currently I have a Flow
WHEN - Recive topic triggers on - LedDimmer_MQTT/Dim topic.
THEN - Set a virtual sensor value - Message recived from topic => Dim level card

But the Dim value dosen’t update, Grrrrr!!!

Can it because of different data types MQTT (Char) and DimLevel (Float)?

Hi.
Does anyone know how to use the volume up and down buttons together with the broadlink app. Can’t create working flow. :question:
And I’m still on 1.5.13.
Kitchen%20TV

Dear someone!
I still haven’t found a solution to use volume up and down tags. :frowning:
Please.

But how can I get value in the tags. I tested everything I could without success. Can this be an app limitation or something else?

This means that I can’t use the buttons with Broadlink transmitter because it is not possible to drop the tag to the send remote command card.

I don’t think it works with broadlink because it has a single card where can be selected one command at a time.

I don’t know how to link Volume Up button with a command and Volume Down with another.
The Broadlink app can’t raise or lower the volume, just sends a signal as a remote control.

At last I found the solution. Maybe it will help someone.

1 Like

Homey can now be connected to Google Home (see forum post) and/or Google Home Hub:

For native Homey switches etc. and “Virtual Devices”-switches this works.
But a “Virtual Devices”-thermostate cannot be controlled from Google Home.
The device is correctly recognized as a thermostate, but the controls (+ and -) are grayed out.

Any ideas?

EDIT!!
Looks like the native thermostates are also not working yet:
https://community.homey.app/t/google-home-discussion-topic/2884/447

So probably not directly related to this app.

Hi. Great idea with this app. I’m having some problems using it as a trigger, though.

Here’s my setup: I have some flows controlling some Ikea lights+a fibaro dimmer2. I want one device to trigger flows based on the level tag (30% and over, use ceiling lights+night stand lights, under 30% and it should only be night stand lights (=level)+lights under the bed (=level*3.3). The VD is set up as a dimming light. The flows are triggered on “dim-level changed” for the VD.

Is it not possible to have VDs as triggers?

Hi,

Life is much better with VD, thanks!
I am using the Mode button in a flow with “set mode off, no trigger”.
However, another flow starting with when “Turned off” card still gets triggered.
How can that be?