[APP][Pro] Victron Energy

Ah ok. I dont think I am using MFA. I log with email and password to my VRM app. And yes I do see solar forecast. I saw already consumption forecast is aproachin in DESS. But this I do not see yet.

Maybe because I do not have Full control?

1 Like

Works like a charmšŸ‘šŸ»

Thanks for the great work, @Richard_B.

Would it make sense to add the option not to require com.victronenergy.vebus, for those of us not having a multiplus/quattro unit? There is still info to pull off the GX device, and relays that can be controlled.

Thanks!

I was granted the full control of Cerbo but my homey VRM device still has no data :frowning: So that was not the problem.

After adding the VRM device in Homey it doesnt fetch any values, shows 0 all the time for VRM forecast data.

Added a diagnostic package: 932f574f-7755-43a3-bd4a-08668cba1215.

Tried adding the VRM device using Windows PC and using Android app - same result.

/Kaj

If you can fetch the Consumption forecast for today and next day as well perhaps?

This is interesting, there are multiple solar forecasts and it works for me but I have an AC tied solar inverter, non Victron branded. I wonder if there are different forecasts to use depending on how solar is connected ā€¦

This should be easy I guess, here is only one forecast I hope.

I think the consumption forecast is only available in betavrm currently, so you need to access that one from the betavrm - the URL taken from the Victron modification forum post it might be this URL.

https://betavrmapi.victronenergy.com/v2/installations/xxxxxx/stats?end=1689458399&interval=hours&start=1689423779&type=forecast

In regards to pv forecast and it beeing 0. This is the one that I get data with in node-red (X=site ID)

https://vrmapi.victronenergy.com/v2/installations/xxxxxx/stats?type=custom&attributeCodes[]=vrm_pv_charger_yield_fc&interval=days&start=1696759872&end=1696809599

Unfortunately my skills in node-red is zero otherwise I would have been able to work around the issue with a webhook from node-red to homey ā€¦

/Kaj

I saw now when I double checked in Node-red that there is two forecasts

1. PV Yield Solar Charger forecast - which I have & is DC connected
  2. PV Inverter Yield Forecast - which I assume is the AC attached that you have?

Add both together then you get the sum of both, so its more correct & fits everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is a new test version which should address dc tied inverter forecast, and adding consumption forecast.

Hi Richard, thank you I got it working after update. Not discussing the numbers Victron provides :grinning:

Works for me to, thanks

I noticed one small discrepancy on the VRM PV forecast, it doesnt count down to 0, it leaves a 0.xx value left when the sun has gone down.

/Kaj

Fixed, will be included in the next release.

1.1.8 still has the residual 0.xx PV Forecast statement 4 hours into last VRM update

Yep, havenā€™t done a new release yet - but can ship it to test.

Is it possible to ad the device iff it is on antother location? Offcourse itā€™s connected to the internet.
I found the ip and port in Victron remote console but i canā€™t connect.

It would be, assuming it is possible to do Modbus on the configured port. Maybe adjust the poll interval to not poll too frequently. You also need to use ip filtering to only allow ā€œyourā€ IP to access the remote device, since there is no authentication on Modbus your shouldnā€™t open that to the internet.

Typically the above requires some technical skills though, since you need static IP address (or some dyndns service), open ports in the firewall/router, etc.

thanks! iā€™ll give it a try

@Richard_B Would it be possible to add support for changing the value of Multiphase regulation in between the two options (ā€˜Total of all phasesā€™ and ā€˜Individual phaseā€™) as a action in a flow be added?

This way I could both change the value for grid setpoint during charging from Grid and how its measured to Individual phase to limit the grid load to approx 13 amps and not bother with checking the grid load constantly to prevent overloading during winter time when heating and battery charging can trigger at the same time.

Iā€™m guessing it would be to change this dbus path /Settings/Cgwacs/Hub4Mode (modbus register 2902) in Venus OS.

/Kaj