[APP][Pro] Victron Energy

Web version seemed to worked fine to get into advanced settings, and after that it works from the app also :slight_smile:

Thanks.

1 Like

Do you have a multiplus/quattro unit?

Think you need one of those to have vebus present.

Aah that explains a lot, i only have a dc system at the moment so there is no inverter. I hoped to get the system working with homey so i could have some flows to switch the dc loads on and off depending on the battery state and solar input.

Hi @Richard_B Victronreleased update where they indroduced solar production forecast. Do you think it is possible to add as capability or variable? Many thanks

1 Like

They use solcast for their data and there is an app for that.

1 Like

Yes, I am using the app, but Victron is using different learning model not dependent on the PV configuration, but learning on historical data. I believe that would be more precise. Nevermind thanks for letting me know.

@Richard_B if i try to make a flow with the when card ‘‘battery status changed to’’ i can not select the tag in the card (there is no text/tag balloon). is this on purpose or a bug maybe :wink: becouse in the selections window (the place where you select the when cards) there is a text/tag balloon.

Considering changing the battery capability to the built in battery capability in Homey. It will be displayed in such a case on a separate tab on the device. Anyone for or against?

i like it :wink:

Hey Richard,

Great work! I do not have a victron system yet, but planning for the future. Is there any chance that your app would support ESS mode 3?
Than buying the current meter would not be necessary, as some people (including myself) have already this data available in homey

Grtz, Roy✌️

Hi @Richard_B do you plan any possibilities to manage EV charger via Cerbo? Planning to install EV charger but deciding whether Victron charger or other brand working with Homey.

@Richard_B , I second the request since VRM uses historical data to predict PV output today. Would be good to have, also for those that has multiple systems at home (homey/HA for example) and wants to runs PV forecasts in all systems but dont want to run multiple solcast accounts - getting the data in Homey from Victron/VRM would be good.

/Kaj

Currently the app talks of the gx device using modbus or ssh. I haven’t seen any documentation on how to access PV forecast data. Anyone? The Dynamic ESS feature seem to be moving along. They have invited to a webinar to talk about it on the 26th of September.

Did a quick check and these are the modbus registries available. Guess it is possible to do a separate device type for the ev charger. The only challenge is lack of access for testing, someone else would need to install the app via CLI and do testing.

I’ll push the battery change to a test version, the change I mentioned a few posts above.

For the VRM PV forecast data you need to talk to VRM API i guess,

In regards to running DESS, i’ve been testing it on and off a couple of times last month and I can imagine that it will work for me during winter months when there isn’t much sun, but in the current design (beta) of DESS I suspect it wont work for me in the summer months since I want to be able to limit grid sales to the most expensive hours and/or when battery is full.

/Kaj

Foundation examples for Node red, so I guess it is possible.
What is relevant to fetch? Forecast for next day?

New test version with a new device type I named VRM.
It has two capabilities;

• PV Forecast Today
    During the day shows what is left to produce.
  • PV Forecast Tomorrow
    Should always show tomorrows full day production.

Both are updated each 30 minutes.

1 Like

cool thank you, seems useful. Device added but receive no values. Still zero.

Always interesting when it works for me and not for someone else :slight_smile:
Do you have MFA on your user account?

Not sure what MFA is but if you refer to user admin than yes. I need to ask my supply compny to unlock the full rights. Will let you know.

Maybe I answered a bit too quickly
MFA = Multi-factor Authentication. Often after logging in with username and password you also need a third factor. As per the VRM API you can have MFA - but the username/password login feature in Homey that I use currently doesn’t support that.

But, I came to think of one thing. Have you set a location of your system in VRM - this is needed fro VRM to be able to generate a forecast. Do you see the forecast in VRM?

The dashed bars is the forecast