[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

Hello Peter,

It suddenly works spontaneously, but only with the scene legacy command

I was going to ask: what setting u use at the app config’s authentication settings
At Choose desired api(s), did you select legacy and official?

Did you hit Refresh scenes at the bottom of the config page? (Or restarted the app?)

btw I have it set at use official only while I don’t want to use legacy devices anymore.

Wondering if you got the airco connected to Homey? I have one in the Smart Life app that I would also like to connect.

Hello, not sure if this has been asked earlier, i did look through a lot of these comments. But I can not seem to add contact sensors. When I add a device, i get these options only.
No way to add a contact sensor via the other devices either. PIR sensors work and relay/switches. Latest app and firmware. Tuya latest also.

Any help would be gratefull, thank you

1 Like

Hi
in the tuya iot is my device not showing up,
my account is connected and i can control it with the homey only the rgb isn’t working

Copy last message from PB:
“You are still using old API. The old API is depricated. The old API is not supporting color for your type of light, only new API supports this. Plz read first post on forum thread about new API and follow instructions carefully. There are also several links in the forum thread to a good howto and details about issues and solutions.”

There is a new test version live. In the new version the pressence sensor is added by @Adrian_Rockall:slight_smile:

1 Like

Smart Life should work the same as Tuya.

I found the problem for myself. I was using everything correctly except the datacenter. That fixed the “Please configure app first” problem for me.

I found this site which has the right information for datacenter linked to country. I was using Western Europe in Tuya IOT. I changed to Central Europe and it worked,

Idk, but the datacenter link is just in the manual at post #1

1 Like

Hi @Jurgen_Heine I play a bit with code base this evening and I add new two devices.
Air conditioner and smart star projector.

It’s my first steps in homey app, still don’t know how to properly debug apps

Star projector for now is just a copy of lights. But air conditioner kind works. I can send commands, but state is not refreshed when I turn AC by remote. Will try to fix it soon. Anyway. Can I create PR to your repo and ask for review when everything will be working and ready?

Thank you @Grzegorz_Zalewski, I like contributions to my app. When it’s finished I will of course look at the pull request. The getting started guide of Homey is good start to read: Getting Started - Homey Apps SDK. If you have installed Homey sdk on your node.js environment, you have to navigate into your node.js command prompt to root folder of the Tuya app on your machine. Then you can run the Homey commands. If you are using Visual Studio Code, you can attach the debuger after running the app on your Homey. When attached, you can set breakpoints and it can also break on errors. This last part I resently find out thanks to @Adrian_Rockall. One thing more, log as much as possible. All the logging is send when someone has a problem with app en sends a diagnostics report. Otherwise it’s verry hard to find problems.

Thanks @Jurgen_Heine I will try to fallow the rules.
I was able to connect debugger to WebStorm

(My OS previously block a port, quick restart helps)
And also AC works

Now with working debugger I realize I don’t have updateCapabilities method :smiley:
I also recommend connecting homey via USB is much faster.
Thanks again, I will update you about my progress.

2 Likes

Good job :+1:

Just created PR to your repo. Please let me know if I should move it to APIv3 branch.
Driver works well, tested on two different devices.

Just approved pull request, thanks for adding the device :smiley: :+1:. I have merged it to APIV3 branch, some small conflicts, but quickly solved. I can’t publish it to test yet, validation is failing on image size of large image. This should be 500x500 and is now 800x800. I will look to it this evening I think.

1 Like

New test version live with added airconditionor by @Grzegorz_Zalewski :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Jurgen_Heine

Some small fixes waiting on PR
Fix for three issues

• Measure_temperature is now displayed in UI
  • Thermostat color changes depending on the mode or temperature in auto mode.
  • Now works on Apple HomeKit thanks to thermostat mode IDs mapping

NOTE! Devices need to be removed and added again, because of capabilities name changes.

I promise no more PR in this week :smiley:

Hello,
Tuya Cloud does not detect an air conditioner controlled by an IR Wi-Fi or IR Zigbee remote. Can you see if this is possible in the future?
Thanks.

Are you using the latest test version that has the AC mods done by @Grzegorz_Zalewski ?

1 Like

I assume IR Wi-Fi or IR Zigbee remote Is a universal remote controller. In this case, API allow only to send the commands names to remote. Without option to read the device status. It’s a good idea to look into it but this need to be separate device and driver with class remote