Device | Tile/Button | Via Flow
Lamp | :white_check_mark: | :white_check_mark:
Switch | :x: | :x:
Single socket | :x: | :white_check_mark:
New Legacy Scene | . | :x:
Existing Legacy Scene | . | :white_check_mark:
(New) Scene | . | :white_check_mark:

• Lamp: works
  • Switch: Tile & button don’t work (but no errormsg), flowcard indicator turns green, but no response, no errormsg (tho it works in HA Tuya v2)
  • Single Socket: works using flow, but tile & pushbutton don’t work, no errormsg (tho it works in HA Tuya v2)

There’s no error or warning whatsoever on tiles or actioncards
I restarted the app and tested again, but this doesn’t change anything.
I (soft) restarted Homey, this doesn’t change anything.

Scenes
Legacy scenes are unavailable for selecting, but existing flows are not affected

If you need any test data or input, just let me know.

1 Like

With the HA plugin I have some issues too, so didn’t expect this to work flawlessly for me.

In HA i’m getting:

When entering the same settings in your app it is saving the settings just fine. When trying to add a new device it reports the settings are missing from the app. Moving back to the settings theyre entered just fine.

How do I get to see what goes wrong? In the Homey app I mean.

@Peter_Kawa thanks for extensive test report. Can you send me a diagnostics report after you operate the switch . Please add your name in the message so I know it’s your report. The socket not working and new legacy scenes I can look at myself. The socket isn’t working is also now not working for me too. The same for legacy scens, last commit for fixing this wasn’t in this version.

@Martijn_Hoogenbosch, can you also send me diagnostics report. Maybe the debug log is telling more. Do you see your devices in the Tuya develloper web environment, and which region/datacenter do you have. The country code is used to determine which datacenter to connect with and should be the same as where your devices are in.

New test version published. Fixed the socket bug and legacy scene bug reported by @Peter_Kawa. Possible fix for switch too.

2 Likes

Added a device and right after i’ve created a diagnostic report. Added my username of the forum in the text field. Hopefully you can see something.

And currently I seem to be having a issue with checking the devices on the tuya iot plaform site. Everything works just fine, but when trying to access the Devices tap I’m getting an error presented ‘too many redirects’, but this is a message from Chrome, tried with Edge too, and gives the same error.

It works again, listing devices on iot platform. I’m still getting errors. I now have created a new project on the TuyaIOT platform, hopefully it’ll work. Linked the app account, but doesn’t show devices yet. Maybe has to sync to china first. Let’s see what happens.

New test version published. Fixed an error when a switch was triggered

Works for me now, NL is located in the Central European datacenter! Thanks for your support. Ledstrip now work too from this app. All is with the new api

1 Like

Edit just missed your update, I now installed v0.1.2 and all (legacy) device tiles respond!

Hi Jurgen, I just sent a report after turning the switch on off a few times.

Issues with v0.1.1

• Legacy Devices: :small_red_triangle:red triangle
  • Devices: no warning, but no response (tiles)
  • Flowcards:
    • Turn Socket on/off: :white_check_mark: , but no response
    • Turn Switch on/off: :white_check_mark: , but no response
    • Turn Lamp on/off: :white_check_mark: , but no response
    • “Trigger Legacy Scene” card: no scenes selectable, but legacy scenes can’t also be triggered now: :small_red_triangle:"Flowcard not registered".
    • “Uitvoeren Scene” card: no scenes selectable

Via HA Tuya v2 integration the lamps, switches and sockets work fine.

Thanks in advance,
Let me know if you need anything.

1 Like

v0.1 2: all’s running fine so far! :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Thanks for this update. I have installed the new version of the app and filled out the IOT values of my previously created IOT app. However, the LED strip that I had now shows a red triangle.

Should I remove it and add it again?

Ah, ok
 It is working again. But still not as color LED strip

@Rudi_Hendrix, did you add them as new device? The existing devices are still using the old API otherwise they would stop working after installing the new version. If you want to use the new API, the device has to be added as new device type. The old device types are now marked legacy.

Well
ahum
no I didn’t :expressionless:
Some stupid questions then
 Adding a device like this consists of a few steps, right?

• I create an IOT cloud project which is connected to my Tuya account
  • I add the device itself to my Tuya app
  • I add the details of my Tuya account and the IOT cloud app in the Tuya Cloud app in Homey
  • I can add the LED strip as a new device from the Tuya Cloud app as it is then available

Now, I have performed all of these steps with the old API. Here come the stupid questions :slight_smile:

• Are these the right steps?
  • Are these all of the steps?
  • (Most important:) Do I only need to perform the last step again?

Edit: after removing the device from Homey and trying to reconnect, I get the message that I first need to configure the app. Which I did

Had to link the accounts on the IOT platform again
I guess
 Seems to work now and it seems that I have color options now as well! Thanks for adding this, using the new API and the support!

I should swap step 1 and 2 so you can see the all your devices in IOT platform after linking the mobile Tuya/Smart-life app. If you see the devices in IOT platform, then you know that the link between IOT platform and mobile Tuya/Smart-life app is correct.

If you get message that you need to configure the app first, you entered not correct data on the settings page.

• The username, password should be the password of the mobile Tuya/Smart-life app.
  • The appid and appsecret are coming from the IOT platform project.
  • The country code should match the region of your mobile Tuya/Smart-life app and the region of the IOT platform, see first post with country info.
  • And last the mobile app should of course match with your mobile app.
1 Like

Thanks for getting back to this. It is now working

1 Like

Hello @Jurgen_Heine. I have linked a dimmer switch as a light via the app in the official API. It does show dimmer controls in Homey, but the dimmer slider does nothing. Could that be fixed?

Thanks

Hey kalpik,
What type of switch are you using?

This one: Tuya Smart Zigbee Lichtschakelaar Wifi Dimmer Light Switch Touch Dimmen Panel Muur Schakelaar 100 240V, werkt Voor Alexa Google Thuis|Dimmers| - AliExpress

1 Like