[APP][Pro] Telegram

Hi,
have you setup your question before?
Questions must be “predetermined” before in the app settings.
To do this you have to go to: More » App » Telegram Notification (to be clear where you set the token)
Then select the Questions tab and add the questions here via the interface.
At this point, returning to the flow you will find the questions saved in the settings

Traduzione in italiano :slightly_smiling_face:
Ciao,
hai configurato le domande prima?

Le domande devono essere prima “predeterminate” all’interno delle impostazioni dell’app.
Per farlo devi andare in Altro » App » Telegram Notification
(Per intenderci dove hai impostato il token)
Poi selezionare il tab Domande e aggiungere li le domande tramite l’interfaccia.
A questo punto, tornando sul flow troverai le domande salvate nelle impostazioni

2 Likes

Thank you @ilpaolino and @spkesDE.
I have found where to set the questions.
And I have created the flow. But now I don’t understand how to get the question or to trigger the flow anyway…
Sorry guys but I’m a newcomer to this system :sweat_smile:

:grin:
So, the question must start from the Bot: that means you must trigger the bot from an “external event” and trigger the question in THEN card.
In another flow (it’s easier if you have advanced flow) you can trigger the question triggered before in a WHEN card.

I.E.:
For simplicity F1 is Flow 1 and F2 is Flow 2
F1

• All family left the home but someone has left some lights on
  • (WHEN) all people left the house
  • (AND) there are some lightbulbs activated
  • (THEN) Homey through the flow start the question trigger.
  • you receive the question “hey! You’re gone out without turn off all lights: would you like me to turn them off?”

F2

• if you say: Yes (tips: it’s easier if you use predetermined answer) Homey turn off the lights you have forgot turned on. (From another flow that manage the Telegram response)
  • (WHEN) The question “…” has response Yes
  • (THEN) Turn off all lights

And that’s it! Simple and lean.

2 Likes

I’ve found the solution.
I have not only to write the questions, but also a list of the answers. In this way tg proposes me the answers as a button I can click in the tg message. Thanks for the help

Just for info to @spkesDE… On my android tablet I’m not able to edit questions in the configuration app.

This bug is already fixed with the next update. Once you have version 2.0.8 installed it’s fixed.
You could wait till you have the new version automatically or just manuell install it.

2 Likes

Wow how fast! thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey spkes, i can’t seem to get the questions working again… it has been broke for a few weeks now. i can press the buttons all i like (and see loading on top of the telegram app) but nothing happens, i made al kinds of test flows but the anwser is never getting back to homey! whats’s up?

Could you send a diagnostic report?
Also are the buttons you are pressing old or new?

New i just created the flow for testing, also sended you a message on slack

22d0949e-980a-4854-84d0-19163e043903

There is a new test version! :slight_smile:

It will add a new WHEN-card. This will be the same card as the old one. (The question [[question]] has been answered with [[answer]])
But the new one has autocomplete for both input fields :slight_smile:

Best regards :v:

1 Like

Hi, it would be great if you can add an image tag to the then question card, now I send it separated, but I would like it combined

It’s possible. But is there any issue with sending them separate? Since I don’t want add multiple cards to cover every case.

Can’t you make the image tag optional? Then you could just always show the image tag

Thats currently I‘m trying to find out. Image-Tags are droptoken. And there are defined differently then normal arguments. And the documentation of homey doesn’t say about them being optional

1 Like

Development is on hold. My homey pro died over night.

Oh boy, that is bad. Hopefully you get a replacement really soon.

Can the answer of a question also be a number tagg to be used in a number variable?

Not by default. But you can convert the string tag to a number tag with a flow card.

True, thanks I’ll do so