[APP][Pro] Telegram

managed to reboot the homey, so now it behaves again - but my texts from telegram to the app are not resulting in a response, so here is another report:

835f5648-a21c-4914-86ab-b43a1cd7dbc6

as for the development and time, if it is good then its worth waiting for - no rush and and thank you for looking into it =)

Well, that is error that the update for the bot is already received. I really donā€™t know how this error occurred.

Failed to process updates. TelegramError: 409: Conflict: terminated by other getUpdates request; make sure that only one bot instance is running

ah - that makes sense, I have the other Telegram bot app installed stillā€¦ Will remove - that should resolve the issue for me - thank you !!

1 Like

This is how far I come today, Iā€™m now of to my night shift :slight_smile:

Edit: UI is now fully functional :slight_smile: Quite happy with the outcome

2 Likes

Good luck canā€™t wait to test the buttons :v:t2:

Well, well. I have been faster then I thought.

Welcome to the first test version of the new question system.

I hope you will find everything that you want :slight_smile:
Editing of question is planed.

First you have to create the question inside the app settings page.
Then you can use the new 3 flow cards as you wish :tada:

If you have any problems or any idea how to improve let me know! :slight_smile:

Have fun testing @JB2K, @TheMac, @Twan_Veugelers

Best regards :v:
Iā€™m of to bed.

4 Likes

You are fabulous.
I will try to test something, but very limited on personal time the next few days.

1 Like

im at work but just had to test it - set it up with e keyphrase received to trigger the question using a logic block, then question is sent, bot reverts back with two options - pressing one of them triggers the action just as I expected so out of the box - this seems to work very good. I will try to test some more tonight, testing different approach - with above I had to create three flows Question and two lines with the expected / potential answer with an action linked to each of them.

This is very good indeed and make the interaction with the bot to trigger stuff so much more user friendly (wife acceptance factor increased).

EDIT: Edit function will be very useful - managed to replace my current ā€œmenuā€ with question cards, and see as the menu will progress / evolve, re-order or renaming will be very useful. For now - have 7 buttons and for now all works very well.

1 Like

@Twan_Veugelers and @TheMac, thanks to both of you for your kind words.
The wife acceptance factor killed me. Thank for that laughter :grin:

Thanks again to @Twan_Veugelers and @ilpaolino for there help with the translation.

FYI: Beta 3 is out now with some little tweaks and bug fixes. Also it added the translation.

As a little idea how to use the new feature: (I hope you donā€™t mind the german flow cards)

This flow will ask me via telegram if I want to start my PC up and shutdown once I left the home.

And this flow ask if I want to close my shelly shutters when Iā€™m not home and the sun is going down.
Of Couse with multiple options: Fully down, Fully down beside my kitchen window or just halfway down :slight_smile:

The edit feature will come. Iā€™m but not sure if Iā€™ll make a UI for re-ordering the answers. But you still can do it manually. And I was thinking of a option of to enable/disable hiding the buttons after the use, but this will cause a little problem when you re-order the buttons since the IDā€™s doesnā€™t match then anymore.

Best regards :v:

EDIT: The edit mode is in the works :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @spkesDE

Just being nit picky.

It would be nice to put the word ā€˜Frageā€™ (Question) here, that makes the sentence more correct grammatically. IMO

(Or maybe, it would be fully correct to have it like: Die frage [Question] wurdeā€¦ / The question [Question] is ā€¦ / De vraag [Question] werdā€¦)

Well. This should be correct now?
has been should be more correct then is, because itā€™s already in the past? Iā€™m not sure about that.

Beta 4 is out with the edit mode! :slight_smile: @TheMac

1 Like

as long as you have fun chugging out new versions and dont mess up you life I am happy that there is so much development going on =)

installing it now and will see if I have a minute to run a short test - otherwise I hope I will have some time over this weekend.

Well, thats why Iā€™m doing it. Its my hobby :tada: I have currently 4 days off between two shift blocks and my girlfriend is working, so I have time for my hobby. So everything is fine :grin:

If I donā€™t notice any errors in my coding or get any reports of something buggy :spider: I think Iā€™ll sent the current beta into review on sunday.

1 Like

visually looks fine - have not changed anything - looks fine, tho I miss some descriptive info, but I guess you will include that in the app description with the other stuff

Beta 5 is out :slight_smile:

Updated Settingspage to be more user friendly

1 Like

Hey everyone!

The update is out now! Enjoy :blush:

And as always if you find any bugs :ant:, let me know!

6 Likes

Hi,
first of all, thank you for your code :slight_smile:
Iā€™ve installed your app and configured it. Now Iā€™m able to send a message if something happensā€¦ I recive the notifications.
I would like to know if I can use this app to activate some action if I write a specific message to my bot

in example
I send a message ā€œturn on the lightsā€ to @MY_TG_BOT > homey turns on the lights.

At the moment I can activate a flow nomatter what I write in the message

Is it possible?

Thank you

You could use the question system (see the settings page) or you could use the flow card When a message received with logic cards.

I think it could be a solution but I cannot understand how to set the question.
I press the following button

A then I try to select one of the 2 field 1,1 or 1,2 (but nothing happens)

If I press the 2 button, I get the following screen, but I cannot select anything as you can seeā€¦

Could you help me pls?

You have to enter the question first inside the settings page where u have setup the token. Then you can select at ā€œ2ā€ the questions where it currently says ā€œNo resultā€. Maybe @ilpaolino can help you better. He can speak Italian.

1 Like