[APP][Pro] Telegram

Potential bug report - @spkesDE

So as I mentioned earlier I created a few flows, with advanced flows, where Telegram Notifications is called “if a message is received” and then I have set a logic asking for exact text + also if a by me predefined user is sending that text, also with logic. Then it triggers an action and a telegram message confirming the action was done or alternative - a message with a tag with info back as reply - for example current tibber price or such. I have noted that even if I have the Homey to do a reboot every night telegram notifications gets unresponsive during the day. Only after an app restart the flows kick back in. Something in the app in Homey gets stuck after a while during the day.

Do let me know if and how you wish to receive more details if you wish to have a closer look.
app diag here: a731c253-5ea6-4528-985e-819ade24766e

1 Like

Hi,

I changed both of the settings to ‘enable’. The diagnostics report is just issued under the ID: 603d0b28-bfcc-4693-90ef-78fa420d5d47

This report looks fine. Could you send a report once this happens again? (Before you restart the app)

I see a bug where the username can’t be received from telegram. Will push a bugfix for that.
Edit: @Mats007 please test out the test version

1 Like

Hi @spkesDE,

Tested your test version and works like a charm! Thanks very much for the swift help/bugfix! Is there anything I need to do or can I keep running this test version of yours?

Regards.

You don’t have todo anything. Homey updates automatically to the next version.

Best regards :v:

1 Like

is this high mem use just on my side?

1 Like

Looks like it. I’m using only 20mb.
Could u make a diagnostic report? And/or restart the app

any idea what I can do about it?

1 Like

I just made an edit to my previous post.

restart did not change a thing. here’s the diagnostics 7f0e0f69-f60e-49b5-b9ce-22317aa32a77

1 Like

Looks fine to me.
Could you give me more informations?

• How many users?
  • Could you clear the logs?
  • what does you flows look like?
  • cleared the log
  • so, there is 2 users, one is a group
  • I only got a few standard flows (rather easy I’d say) and one large Adv Flow, that also contains the notifications along w/ Smart Presence. Does that help?

Update: I should mention that I’m using images via http

1 Like

The only thing that can think of is the caching of the image. I’m not sure if I can solve that, because it get handled by the telegram api.

I‘ll take a look at this once I got some time

I am using Telegram Bot, but could not find a thread for it…

Is there a way to add line-break / newline to outgoing messages?

Answer found: Shift-Enter - that was easy…

1 Like

Hey @thobu,

I tried to reproduce your problem and I wasn’t able too.
My memory usage went from 20mb to 24mb after sending 100 different images with sizes from 1mb to 80mb.
I cleaned some code and made some little changes. If you want to, you can give it a try and maybe it will fix the problem.
If keep running in high memory usage, please send before a app restart a diagnostic report :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help! It’s really appreciated.

I’m glad I could help :grin: I hope you enjoying my app :slight_smile:

Thank you for your efforts – that’s really appreciated! Today I’m down to 12MB. I restarted Homey again this morning, but this didn’t change anything y’day. Seems unclear what pushed the mem usage before.

1 Like

Dear users of my app :slight_smile:

I’m currently developing the button based questions.
There is one design question, where I self can’t decide what would be the best.

1. Create a question with a flow card and have a general “An answer is received” card as a trigger.
    The question itself will be deleted after a answer has been received. This would mean you would have to check for the right question text and answers.
  2. Create a question with a flow card, these question will be saved and can be re-asked with a different card. The Trigger card would have a dropdown where you can select “An answer for [[question]] is received” and do your stuff. There would be also a possibility for “An answer for [[question]] is received with the answer [[answer]]” trigger card.
  3. Would be 2 but the question have to be pre-created inside the settings page

The first would be fastest to program and and the third way would be the neatest but would need more developing time since I would have to redo a lot of the settings page to make space for this form.

Or would you take a different approach? If yes, let me know! :slight_smile:

A little teaser :slight_smile:

1 Like

Took a day or so - but today it became unresponsive again, here is the diagnostic report:
835f5648-a21c-4914-86ab-b43a1cd7dbc6

After I did an app restart it came back to life again.

EDIT: noted that I have general connectivity issues with my homey and not sure something else is causing the unresponsiveness…

I would go for option 3 - which would mean you could setup yes / no in the setup and use it from there. However, if you want to create more complex buttons then the initial setup could end up quite massive I guess if you pre define buttons from here and you want multiple buttons to use in your flows.

Well, your report says that it can’t connect to telegram and get the updates. Looks like the problem its on your end. I’ll take a look into a way to enable some kind of auto reconnect once the bot says I wont retry again :slight_smile:
Failed to fetch updates. Waiting: 1s request to ... failed, reason: read ETIMEDOUT Failed to fetch updates. Waiting: 1s request to ... failed, reason: read ECONNRESET

I would create a UI for that so it doesn’t get that messy. But that takes time since I’m not that fluid in writing HTML and CSS :slight_smile:

1 Like