[APP][Pro] Telegram

Thanks!

You can reproduce it by using a random generated placeholder image like this:

https://picsum.photos/200/300

It should return a new image on each request. But somewhere it gets cached.

I found a temporary workaround by adding ?t={{random(0,1000000)}} to the url, which adds a random number to replace the cached image.

But this isn’t possible with the snapshot tag card of course.

Thank you for the hint! It is a problem on Telegram side, but I quickly found a workaround.
Check out the latest test version and tell me if this workaround is working for you. Both Image Tag and URL based images :slight_smile:

Best regards :v:

1 Like

We’ve got a winner!

Works perfectly now! Thanks for the quick fix!

:star::star::star::star::star:

1 Like

Thank you for testing. :heart:
I pushed the update now to the live version!

2 Likes

Hey Homey community!

I just added a italian translation to Telegram Notifications.

Thanks to @ilpaolino for the translation.

1 Like

How would I activate the bot for a group or add a group as a user?
/start pwd @… tells me already in the list but it’s not

Add your Bot the group chat then enter /start <pwd>

(Groupinfo → Members → Add → @your_telegram_botusername)
(/setjoingroup and /setprivacy has to be set to ACTIVATED)

1 Like

I guess I confused the addon/bot by adding the same token to 2 different Homeys. Guess I need to create one for each Homey

Never tested that case. Currently I also don’t know a simple fix, since the config is saved inside the homey. What I could do is a export/import function for the config. I’ll take a look at this next weekend.

no worries, I just created a second bot

So for now I have an advanced flow asking a question to a group chat, expecting an exact text reply to trigger the action. Something that would be very neat is to send a question to the chat presenting two buttons, yes / no, for example. Eliminating the typing and you can then quickly action whatever you need.

Have no real experience from buttons in telegram, assume it requires a separate instance and additional coding on the bot owner side? Nevertheless, I second the request for improved ability to reply back to Homey via Telegram with a decision.

1 Like

Hi @spkesDE , I was just thinking today that there isn’t any Homey app that could call you instead of sending notification or message- eg. I can imagine when there is some Alarm, I would like to get disturbed and sometimes notification is just hidden among others notifications… do you think it would be possible in the future with you app or it’s not possible, that nobody ever implement it yet :wink: Thank you, it’s just an idea :wink:

The callmebot app supports voicecalls via telegram. The receiving party must have telegram installed though.

1 Like

I know, thank you, that app however do not support image tags however. I was looking on that already before but decided to stay with Telegram only.

@Sharkys Possible is everything but i don’t know how long this project will take since I would have implement some kind of text-to-voice lib and find out how telegram calls works.
This is something I can take a look at it when I’m have a couple days of aka Holidays.

I’m already one it :slight_smile: But working fulltime as a paramedic is currently something different. :tada: I don’t know when I’ll complete this project.

Edit:

3 Likes

No worries, it was just idea…btw, paramedic as developer? Wow , nice combo :slight_smile:

Hi,

Just installed the app and am able to send messages to the Telegram Bot. However I am unable to receive texts in Homey from the telegram bot group.

I followed every single step but I am probably missing something. Could someone lend me a hand?

@spkesDE : thanks for putting in the work since this does the trick I need (if I get it running properly)!

This should help @Mats007
Only needed to be activated if the bot is inside a group chat

Hi @spkesDE,

Thanks for the tip but this doesn’t do the trick I am afraid.

I have set the following:

• /Setprivacy: disabled
  • /setjoingroups: disabled

Sending text or pictures from Homey to the Telegram bot works great. However I don’t get it running the other way around. The log file shows time and date from me sending a message in the group to the bot but is says: “[object Object]”. Don’t know if this is normal?

Regards

Has to be ACTIVATED/ENABELD

Could you create a diagnostic report?