[APP][Pro] Tasmota MQTT

Similar problem was recently with Advanced Scheduler app, developer asked on Slack someone,then it went to 6MB from almost 70MB…but the app is again back o the previous size, maybe it has been reverted,not sure what was it…

Btw, I just installed the version you have on GitHUB and package size is now 678kB ?
When I installed latest Test from store, I’m back on 67MB…

Test Vesion 0.12.0 is live

Changelog

• Rewrite from JS to TS
  • Bug fixes

If you find any issues, please let me know!

@Sharkys this should also improve storage.

1 Like

I think I installed some of the version yesterday and it was already OKay. Tested also the latest version and instead of 67MB I get now 631kB - congratulation, it’s the 2nd smallest app storage vise currently on my old Homey :wink: :clap: :clamp:

1 Like

A year ago i stopped using Tasmota devices because I had allot of problems with this app. Now I installed your version 0.12.0 and it works fine with a few devices. I will do some more tests with my other devices and let you know if there are problems. Thanks for taking over this software.

2 Likes

Test version 0.12.1 is live.

Changelog

• New, better, or fixed device discovery
  • Bug fixes

If you find any issues, please let me know!

I must admit this app is quite complex. For me, it’s like working in a big mess; there are so many things I would have done so much differently. This will take quite a while to get everything straightened up and cleaned up. For now, I’ll keep working on the device pairing. I hope I can get this all working right.

That’s nice to hear! You have been adding the devices with the 0.11.5 version right? For me the device pairing was broken on 0.12.0.

Always welcome! I only have plugs so that is all I can test for.

1 Like

Hi @spkesDE
I’ve Sonoff TH flashed to tasmota.
It seems the flow for humidity is not working, it does not correspond with humidity change on flow.
Not sure is it homey bug or tasmota app ?

Could you send a diagnostics report to me?

Hi, I have this app on my Homey 2019 Pro.
I 'm using it with a lot of devices, and a tasmotized Sonoff ZBB Bridge, where I paired successfully some devices, the Aqara Door and Windows Sensors. These Aqara worked till some times ago (I think till the Pavlo version).
Now they are working too:

• they are discovered and successfully installed on Homey
  • they show the battery charge
  • they show the signal strenght
    but they miss the contact alarm: they always show “No” in Contact Alarm.
    What can be the problem?

Please send a diagnostics report

I just sent the diagnostic report (9f556f7e-652c-43fd-a309-d8734d0aa76e)

Please try this version. There is some strange issue with converting the value to a boolean. But I haven’t changed that code since taking over this app. Did you update your tasmota?

Thank you @spkesDE!
I upgraded to the experimental version you pointed to. Now it works.

1 Like

Hi, I got the HP23 today. And was using the Sonoff app but I wanted to transfer to Tasmota MQTT. When I want to add a device the app is only loading.

c0c772e7-58ee-40c2-aef6-f0bba0e39520

Noob question: What am I doing wrong?
Tasmota MQTT V0.12.3
Homey v10.0.0-rc.90

Do you have MQTT Client installed?

Hi, New to Homey Pro. I’ve installed the Tasmota MQTT app, but noticed it only works with the default topic setting “%prefix%/%topic%/”. I’ve since a long time used a specific topic to keep apart all my MQTT devices, so changing my tasmota’s to the standard full topic setting would not be ideal. Is there an option to support a custom full topic?

Hey @Martin072,

Even though I’m not an MQTT expert, I took over this application to keep it running on the new Homey Pro.

If I understood the code correctly, it subscribed to the tele and stat prefixes.

Isn’t it true that these two prefixes are typically used by default?

Hi @spkesDE
I have this Tasmota TH running with Humidity (SI7021) sensor, but on the flow ‘Sensor value changed’, return tag do not have humidity.
Is it possible to add ?
See below screenshot.

It should trigger multiple times for all values.

First time is Temperture
The second time is…
Thried time is e.g. Huminity

Yes, perhaps by Tasmota, but i’ve included a leading topic name to more bring some structure in all (so not only tasmota) my MQTT devices.

My full topic is like “home/tasmotas/%prefix%/%topic%/”
so a Tasmota MQTT message for me looks like “home/tasmota/tele” or “home/tasmota/stat”

Would be great if there would be an option to provide a custom topic that could be configured, i.e. “home/tasmota/” for me

This starts to explain why I never got this to work properly.