[APP][Pro] Tank Level Meter TF-FT002

Both look like power regulators, but it’s impossible to say for certain (let alone state what type of power regulator) since I don’t see any markings on them in the photo where they aren’t blown up.

1 Like

:joy: buying a new device is probably easier and maybe even cheaper. But repairing is probably more sustainable.

1 Like

Unfortunately seems the photo I have taken in 2021 (see this thread) do not have sufficient quality:-( I even checked my gallery…anyway, if those are voltage regulators, as Robert mentioned , I’m afraid just replacing them might be not enough…that just happened on batteries?

FYI, this is how LM 1117 looks like…

Hi,
is it possible to compute water capacity using different equation?
My water tank is cylinder, but not standing. It is laying (see images on web page of manufacturer

Akumulační nádrž na dešťovou vodu NAUTILUS® 6 HARD line)

Water capacity computed currently is not correct.

I could do a setting for an alternative calculation method. What would be the formula to calculate the m3 as function of airgap to the top?

Anyhoo, I have a loooooooot of development still waiting on my backlog of all my apps. Especially with the deprecation of sdk2 per 1st January 2023 and the new homey. So I have to prioritize.

2 Likes

Hi @Gruijter ,
may I ask you, is there any reason why the Sensor ID can’t be changed on the fly or better to say, would that be hard change to make it editable ? Just asking, because when the battery got changed, I loose also all relevant insights while pairing it again and all relevant flows got broken.

But if it’s difficult change, no worries, mainly considering SDK2-> SDK3 upgrades on other apps, this isn’t important.

And congrats that you made this particular app already compatible with new Homey (at least based on sdk3 and based on the Homey app store do not complain :wink: )

Btw, little OT but shouldn’t your apps be listed as supported in [Homey Pro (Early 2023)] App unsupported list (eg. Power by the Hour, Wireless Tank Level etc. ? )

1 Like

No need to repair with some fiddling. Just temporarely switch to ‘ignore id’ and wait untill the new id is found. Then disable it again.

1 Like

Ups, I just fixed all flows, will remember next year :wink: Thank you.

Btw it’s really rock stable after those changes you implemented year ago (considering also my neigh-board still use it as well and considering the reverse engineering behind, simply : :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: :+1: :clap:.)

1 Like

After working rock-solid for close to 4 months, 11 days ago it suddenly stopped transmitting water levels. Temperature working fine, but level is missing. Tried changing batteries, but no luck.

I presume the device is malfunctioning so I’ve already ordered a new, but thought I’d just mention it.

What the log shows from the app ? Is it perfectly leveled ?
Anyway, no idea where have you installed it (see post about waterproofing) but would be interesting to see it dissembled… in my case, it’s in the water tank, usually 100% humidity…and still working after more than year…I even replaced battery before winter just in case (but they were still fine).

Log shows out of range (>500cm). Between 100 and 200cm now (in a 455cm deep well).

Hmm…yes, installment - well - about that. :blush: It’s…in installed in a ground level water well (under a hatch of course)…in Norway…and it’s winter. So…well, yeah…it’s a hard life.

Waterproofing…got it! :smiley:

Yeah, happened to mine as well after a year or so. I opened the unit and found the ultrasound sensor to be dead. It seemed covered with a fungus or something. Now using the unit only to measure outdoor temperature.

Fungi farm ftw! I tried it (algae that is) on my first water cooled PC-project back in the 90’s - cost me a nice motherboard (and the profit was rather poor, couldt sell a single algae!).

But on the bright side - I’m actually quite stunned at how well this cheap china-meter has worked the last months - price considered that is. :smiley: So if I give the next one a little bit of tlc with IP-rating in mind, it might live quite a bit longer.
-Worst issue will be the temperature I presume, but I’ll do some thinking…or just play “guess the level” during the coldest months.

Is it possible to record the availability for this model? It also transmits on the 433 Mhz frequency?

No, that would take a lot more effort than I am willing to put in as community developer. If you need it for commercial reasons and are willing to invest, give me a DM.

And many thx for your kind donation @Matthias_1 . Much appreciated! :beers:

Haha …
the world is so small.
This is my cistern…
The TF-FT002 has been in e-waste for a long time.
The ultrasonic-sensor is probably defective.
I bought an extra ultrasonic-sensor from the UK and installed it - unfortunately no success.
The part is not suitable for very wet rooms.
Too bad now there is an app for it :frowning:
Sorry, I think these parts don’t live longer than 2-4 years
I’ll look around for an Oilfox.
good luck :wink:

1 Like

That’s why I did the coating…

1 Like

new version coming up 1.3.1: Wireless Tank Level Meter | Homey

• stability improvements
2 Likes

Hello, I wanted to thank you for the work done. I just bought a bridge to extend the 433MHz range and unfortunately it doesn’t work. I have the impression that the discovery is only carried out by Homey Pro and not with the bridge, so I would like to know if it would be possible to develop the Homey choice function depending on the probe. Note that I have a second probe which works very well because it is next to the homey pro. thanks in advance.