[APP][Pro] sysInternals - Shows Homey’s System Internals

That is a good tip! I have high CPU too. Probably tinkering too much :slight_smile:

Of course, as your improvement is so dramatic, do you think it could be due to less memory swapping? I am not sure how large the swap block is on the HP2023. Similarly, on my non expandable HP2019 I have less than 5% free after offloading several apps. :expressionless:
So I will have to find the solution elsewhere and the swap block is just 9.7MB.

CPU

1. I tried the tools page but see no app > 1% CPU.
  2. I also tried with Insights, but the CPU per app just increases overtime, I cannot conclude anything from this.
  3. I asked Athom how I could make my Homey more efficient: there is no better metric, I was advised to look in the flows for many commands or flows with lots of variables, many devices and logic and they say as a rule it helps to add delays between devices and commands. We knew that already. :wink: and “The rest is trial and error I’m afraid, but with the huge number of devices and virtual devices running a busy Homey is unavoidable, so it’s a matter of finetuning”.

After reading this, I did find that I had many flows/checks being run in parallel every time a motion sensor (I have 20x and 200 advanced flows) sees activity or after its nonactive period. By adding some delays and using Advanced triggers with debouncing on the trigger (amazing app!) , I could bring down CPU to about 35-95%. Still too high, but I am still working through the flows :smiling_face_with_tear:

PS I am not sure this thread is right for my comments, but they relate to finding out the efficient use of the system. If you know a better one, let me know.

1 Like