[APP][Pro] Sure Petcare App - (Sureflap Pet Door/Sureflap Cat Flap)

Sorry, I thought because Leendert is Dutch. Translation:

Hello Leendert,

I recently got the Sureflap Pet Door.
I preferred the cat flap, since you can set per cat whether or not they can go outside. Unfortunately I had to opt for the larger pet door, as this is much nicer for our (big) cat with 3 legs.
Is it possible to give it the same functionality as the cat flap via Homey? So to set in a flow which cat can and cannot go outside? That would be great!

Kind regards, Saskia.

That isn’t possible unfortunately.

Thanks for responding, I feel sorry it’s not possible.

I have HP2023 and installed the Sure Petcare App. Installation works, I can install my Sureflap Cat Flap Connect but I couldn´t manage the flap in homey. When changing the status of the Flap the App in homey says “Unknown param: always_locked”. The App gives me three options for the app but they are not the same as in the SurePetcare-App on my Smartphone.
And there is another problem when I go to the options of the Sure Petcare App. Here I get this Message: “Error: Missing Parameter: value”.
Thanks for your help,
Tom

For anybody with issues, it looks like the homey app is not updating anymore (since around 3pm NL time). The home assistant app is also not working anymore. For now, it is not clear if the api is down or that they have changed something.

HA info;

22.50: Looks like the website is not recognizing my account but the app is still working.

are you working on the error 403, when setting the lock mode for the cat flap I have had it before, and it has returned, unfortunately I don’t remember I got past it

Logging in to the website is working again. HA integration is also working again. Homey app is returning an error en not updating devices since yeaterday. I don’t know what is wrong. (Restarting and/or trying logout-login also not working)

For info, debug log: 591f59ec-3bc7-4395-b744-02c0266dc25a

Thanks for any help!

Did you find the solution? Same problem here after resetting the network.

No, but the link to GitHub is very useful. It looks like they did some server side changes.

@Koktail do you have time to take a look at the discussion on GitHub? It looks like they made some small server side changes. Maybe that it is an ‘easy’ fix?. Would be really great! :+1:

1 Like

I can’t log in to my account anymore, I get 403… I checked my account at your website and it was gone. Created it again, but still can’t login to Homey App…
Is there a known issue here or just me?

Did you find a solution for this? I have the same problem.

Nothing yet… posted just a few hours ago so let’s give this a few more minutes… (-:

Did you checked it on this site?

https://surepetcare.io

The changes are on the server side. Here is a lot of information about it. It needs some small changes (at this moment) to get it working again. But possible there is more coming…

after getting a constant 403 error when trying to change the lock mode in the flap, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, when trying to add the flap, it just hangs and does nothing, homey’s LED spins blue too.

Having the same problem. When trying to add the device, logging in I get the error “Request failed with status code 403”

Well, the only thing that have to changed to get it working is the ‘USER_AGENT’. It is one line of code but for that we need the time of the developer. :blush:

2 Likes

Just for the info, it is an intentional blockage (on user agent level) from SurePetcare…

I can confirm that by adding

'User-Agent':'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/113.0.0.0 Safari/537.36',

to every all of the headers in the sure-petcare-api.js @Koktail’s Sure Petcare App is also working again. Let’s hope he finds the time to publish an updated version.

1 Like

Interesting!,can you share how you did that change?

The tweet is removed by the way. Maybe more ‘questions’ than they expected? Anyway, really happy if it is working again!