[APP][Pro] Sure Petcare App - (Sureflap Pet Door/Sureflap Cat Flap)

Hi there,

I’m waiting for my Homey Bridge to be delivered, coming from Home Assistant.
Are you planning on enabling the sureflap app for Homey (beta?)

Thanks,
Gabor

I’ve been in contact with Surepet care to collaborate on this, but their focus is not on home automation unfortunately.

Thanks for the reply.
Why is there other code needed for the same cloud service? New to the homey eco system and never imagined that the bridge needs other apps then the pro version.

The Homey Bridge is cloud only and needs to be optimized before it can be released, besides that Athom only allows apps from manufacturers and not of community developers.

Hi Koktail, very good that you made this app !! … as our old microchip controlled catflap stopped working I bought a new SureFlap connect petdoor, a.o. because it is apparently connectable to my Homey Pro. However the Hub from petcare is sold out everywhere. Now I was hoping to be able to register the door to Homey without using the Hub. This appears impossible however, even though the iPhone-app (and the hub?) should not be needed when all is done through Homey, I suppose … do you happen to know a way around this ?? else I need a lot of patience or maybe send it back and abandon this brand altogether ?? …

Anyone experiencing spurious entry/exit notifications from the catflap too? The app started sending notifications my cat entered or left late this afternoon (even though he never left the couch).

Yes, same problem here :roll_eyes:

Sure Petcare app was updated today.
Android version.
After update I no longer get notification from Homey as I did prior to update.
@Koktail Could this be fixed? :slight_smile:

Also had the weird wrong notifications last days .

This morning it completely stopped
Working with homey so I restarted the app

Now I don’t even get a device icon anymore

Guess that had maintenance this morning , I did multiply restarts of the app and that didn’t work no 20 minutes later a restart gave back control and the device . Also looks like In out and change notifications work again

I have to check. I am currently on holiday.

2 Likes

Enjoy!

For when your back, I’m only using two surefeeders, they keep working but I had more than a hundred aapp crashes the last three days.

Tell me if there is anthing I can do to help you debug/solve this.

Hello, is there a way to change the hub lights to low setting or even turn it off with presets? Eg when i get to sleep I set my verisure alarm to sleep and preset sleep is activated. When preset sleep is active the light of hub would be nice if they then change to low or turned off :+1:
Regards Raymond

Still on holiday @Koktail ?

1 Like

Thanks for the headsup @oddvarr, I’m back. The sureflap app is working fine here, both feeder and door.

I think I owe you an excuse. :wink:
Found my app in Homey was logged out for some reason.
Logged in again and everything was fine.

1 Like

Many thanks for the great app!
I’ve got 4 pet feeders in use and they are working great!

Only 1 thing I cannot solve/get wording.

If I set the trigger ‘specific cat has eaten’, it is never triggered. I would like to set a timer every time a specific cat (1 countdown timer for every cat) has eaten and get a message if one of them has not eaten for 16 hours.

Can anybody help me to get this working? Many thanks for help!

Hi, I’m interested in buying a sureflap connect. For this I need the Hub as well. According to the manual, this hub needs to be connected to the router. My current router with 8 ports is already full. Would this also work when having it connected via a switch?

Thanks in advance!

Of course. I have the hub connected to a switch and it is working fine. Just be sure that the switch is configured right if it is a managed switch.

1 Like

Hallo Leendert,

Sinds kort heb ik de Sureflap Pet Door.
Het liefst had ik het kattenluik, aangezien je hier per kat in kunt stellen of ze al dan niet naar buiten mogen. Helaas moest ik kiezen voor het grotere huisdierenluik, aangezien dit veel fijner is voor onze (grote) kater met 3 pootjes.
Is het mogelijk om deze via Homey dezelfde functionaliteit te geven als het kattenluik? Dus om in een flow in te stellen welke kat naar buiten mag en wel niet? Dat zou super zijn!

Groetjes, Saskia.

If you could please keep the conversation in English as much as possible, then more people will be able to participate and help you. If you would rather not or can’t communicate in English then please check out Non-English boards/categories:

Nederlands (Dutch)

1 Like