[APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (Release 2.0.41)

Hi @Adrian_Rockall ,

I have created the following flows:

This is working, although it always sends me an old picture through telegram. If I check the camera, I see the picture is updated as expected. But through telegram it sends me an old picture, sometimes from weeks ago…

edit:
interesting… I tested the build-in function of Homey to send a push message with a picture. There I get the latest picture, but through telegram I get an outdated one.

edit2:
I tried whatsapp and that is working well, although a few seconds slower.

How can I add ONVIF remote cameras?
I want to add some cameras from a remote location, I have port forward and DDNS set but the logs for the snapshot shows the internal IP. (SnapShot error (<DDNS.FQDN…> (Ch1)): request to http://192.168.100.119/onvif/snapshot/101f)

You can change the snaphot URL in the device advanced settings, but I have no idea what you would need to put in there.
I presume you have setup the port forward on the router that is on the Homey LAN to point too the cameras?
This would need to be done so that Homey can request the snapshot from the cameras, In which case the IP would be of the router and the port would be the one you have forwarded to the camera.
I have never tried that before so I have no idea if there are any other issues.

I have only setup port forwarding to forward a WAN port to a local device, so I don’t even know if its possible to do it the other way around.

If you know the URL of the cameras then you could try setting that in the Advance Setting of the Homey camera device.

I don’t know how I missed “USER Snapshot URL”.

I have port forward set in the remote location and indeed for the URL I used the DDNS name formatted for snapshot.

1 Like

I tried different things in my Fritz router but so far without luck. Can you share some more detail what you did to make it work? Do you also have a camera Gen3 from Green Feathers?

I have some Hikvision cameras. Currently I don’t know if I can get some info from them to Homey.
What I did was to forward port 80 from my DVR and enabled ONVIF on DVR. In Homey I added the ONVIF credentials and the DYNDNS. Then I modified “USER Snapshot URL” on all cameras. I replaced the internal IP with the DYNDNS fqdn.

Hi @Adrian_Rockall ,
I hope you can help me.
A have a Dahua DHI-VTO2311R-WP doorbell camera.
The thing is, I managed to add the camera with the app and it works. But it is apparently not set as a doorbell cam. So the app does not respond wether or not I push the ‘call’ button on de cam.
So, is there a way to configure the cam as a doorbell and act like it? There is also no flow option availible for the call button.

Hello @Adrian_Rockall , I tried many things including asking the supplier to provide me the snapshot URL. So far no luck. I’m actually only interested in the MOTION signal function to trigger OBS Studio to start recording.

Would it be possible to change the App is such a way that, when there is no URL path available, loading of the snapshot is skipped? This ‘trying to load snapshot’ seems to put my camera in SABOTAGE status. While the MOTION detection seems to work with my camera, it would be great to start using it in my Flows.

Glad to hear your thoughts.

Regards, Marius

When the app connects to the camera it fetches a lot of information, including whether the snapshot is available and if it’s not it doesn’t setup the snapshot part of the code. So it seems strange that your camera must be reporting that it supports a snapshot.
Could you set the Diagnostics log to Detailed Information and then restart the app. Once it has started up, go back to the Log tab and Send the log. Let me know when you have done that and I will analyse the information that is returned.

I returned the camera to the Supplier, it seems not to work according ONVIF standard. Bought a new one from their competitor which directly worked fine.

1 Like

Hi,

Why isn’t the camera time updating? :open_mouth:

Hmm, good question. It’s seems mine is the same but hadn’t noticed. I will investigate.

1 Like

Ah, I see why mine wasn’t updating so maybe the same for you. Check to make sure the Diagnostic Log Level is set to Errors only. If it is set higher, then the polled routine that gets the time is disabled because it generates to many log messages.

1 Like

I have two similar cameras. One I had to add manually. The info tab is showing more properties for one of them, why?

Is it possible to create a nordic time format?

Like todays date would be: dd.mm.yyyy and 24 hour time format mm:hh

And what is recommended time properties?
I have some devices that goes into alarm, but I can ping all of them from my PC.

I’m confused as I don’t recognise those settings. What version are you using?

Edit: Ah, I have just realised the last screen shot is from the NetScan app [APP][Pro] NetScan (Version 2.0.6, Test Version 2.0.8)

maybe a mod could move the above post and this one to the correct place.

In answer to the question, I would recommend increasing the Unreachable checks.

Yes, I posted this in the wrong thread unfortunately.

But you are the creator of both apps? :slight_smile:

But the camera you recognize?

Yes, I recognise the camera screen shots :slightly_smiling_face:

The capabilities displayed do depend to some degree on what is reported during the interview.

I will look at the date/time option.

1 Like

Hello Adrian,

The onvif app is not working with my hikivison cameras. Have 4 cameras and it wont find any. One is directly connected via lan and the other 3 via an NVR.

here is the log code 3bda017e-5510-4338-a2f9-578e7ea2210f