[APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (Release 2.0.41)

Unfortunately, the new log has no useful information.
In you previous log I could see the MOTIONALRM events and others were coming in:

12:36:47.180: Event data: (192.168.31.208) Device/Trigger/DigitalInput: LogicalState = true
12:36:47.211: Ignoring event type (192.168.31.208) Device/Trigger/DigitalInput: LogicalState = true

12:36:47.326: Event data: (192.168.31.208) VideoSource/MotionAlarm: State = true
12:36:47.354: Ignoring event type (192.168.31.208) VideoSource/MotionAlarm: State = true

12:36:47.477: Event data: (192.168.31.208) RuleEngine/CellMotionDetector/Motion: State = true
12:36:47.504: Ignoring event type (192.168.31.208) RuleEngine/CellMotionDetector/Motion: State = true

The firs two were ignored as the option must have been set to something else. The third one ‘MOTION’ is returning ‘State = true’, but the app would expect ‘IsMotion = true’. So your camera is not conforming to the standard for MOTION. However it is conforming to both ‘MotionAlarm State = true’ and ‘DigitalInput LogicalState = true’, so either of those option should work.

I presume you has turned motion detection back on and walked in front of the camera during the second log?

Hi, I tried several combination but no success : ) . Previously it was matter to add camera and that’s all. I have two cameras with the same result. Can you please share with me the archive, so I can test old ver. ? Thanks for your support.

Any tips how I can install old version ? I don’t know how to execute zip file inside homey storage .

You need to install the app via the CLI.
Instructions are in the developer help https://apps.developer.homey.app/

Could you select the DigitalInput option, enable motion detection, then trigger the camera and send the log again.

Done, log file was sent.

Sorry, the log has captured the startup but not any motion events.
Could you clear the log, then turn on motion detection, move about in front of the camera and then send the log. Unfortunately the log size is limited so it doesn’t consume too much memory, so it can be awkward to capture the right data.

Ok, got the new log and it shows the motion has been detected:
‘Device/Trigger/DigitalInput: LogicalState = true
19:33:4.254: Event Trigger (192.168.31.205):LogicalState = true
19:33:4.271: Updating Motion Image in 0.5seconds’

HI Adrian, logs were sent yesterday.

OdeslĂĄno z mĂ©ho zaƙízenĂ­ Galaxy

-------- PĆŻvodnĂ­ zprĂĄva --------
Od: Adrian Rockall via Homey Community Forum notifications@athom.discoursemail.com
Komu: petr.stusek@seznam.cz
Pƙedmět: [Homey Community Forum] [Apps] [APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (2.0.8 & test 2.0.9)

| Adrian_Rockall
September 22 |

• | - |

Sorry, the log has captured the startup but not any motion events.
Could you clear the log, then turn on motion detection, move about in front of the camera and then send the log. Unfortunately the log size is limited so it doesn’t consume too much memory, so it can be awkward to capture the right data.

Hi Adrian,

Today i received an ONVIF peephole camera and I installed it.
ONVIF is working on my synology NAS, so i have picture (sadly no sound) but when i add the camera in Homey then it is detected, added and then it receives immediately after adding a red triangle with the message that the device is unavailable.

I also had issues adding it into my synology nas, but after some testing with settings it seemed i had to set the transportprotocol to TCP myself and then it directly worked in Synology.
I think i have the same issue here, is there a way to fix this and get it to work in Homey?
I created a log report with ID: 506ba954-793a-4881-a0e4-c10f4eb67a7a

Hopefully you have an idea what it does not work and even better how to fix it :slight_smile:

I’m not sure as the Homey app already uses TCP.
The error coming back is ‘device_not_found’, which suggest the camera is not responding on the IP address that it reports during the discovery. Can you confirm in some way that the IP is ‘192.168.1.120’?

Yes the IP is indeed 192.168.1.120 and the onvif port is 8899
The device and setting where automaticly discovered by your app as-well

Can you ping or connect via a browser to that IP?

yes i can ping it, browser has no connection on port 80 and on the onvif port 8899 the browser gets an initialisation error, but this camera has no build-in webinterface (as far as i know).
Als i also mentioned, my synology NAS can also connect to this camera and view the picture using onvif.

i added a ping and tcp port check (8899) using your netscan app on the camera on IP 192.168.1.120 and both (ping and tcp port) report in Homey that the device is online, so Homey itself also can reach/connect to this device.

1 Like

Do you have any tips or idea if or how this can be fixed?

I’m not sure as it seems strange that the camera is not responding to the ONVIF calls while it can be pinged.

Could you disable all the other cameras in Homey via the advanced settings for each one, then set the log to Detailed Information and clear it. Then try to connect to the camera in question so I can see just the calls to that camera. Then send the log so i can see if it is a particular command that is failing.

I only have 1 onvif camera installed, that is the camera what does not work.
The other camera’s are via the Synology Surveillance app, must i disable these camera’s you mean?

Ok, only if they are included in Homey via the ONVIF app, so sounds like you don’t need to.
It’s just to keep the traffic low so I can see just the responses from the problem camera.