[APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (Release 2.0.41)

If you go to https://tools.developer.homey.app/tools/devices and look up the camera, what does it show for the id under the Data section?

ItĀ“s says ef5a8c12-8fd9-4125-bd7f-2ab5bb151a0a

Hmm, that looks like the Homey device ID, could you confirm you have quoted the Data - id?

The reason Iā€™m confused is that problem should have been fixed on January 17th where the id is now the camera MAC address. As I last published the app on February 7th that fix should have been live since v2.0.6.

I have tested it here by removing some of my cameras and adding them back in manually and it is all working fine. So, Iā€™m just wondering if the Homey arp function is not fetching the MAC address from the cameras.

Are the cameras on a different subnet to Homey?

I cant find any data-id just a objectID under settings but it is just ā€œā€

Yes the cameras is on another subnet so arp isnt working. Is there any workaround?

Ok, now I can see where the problem is I will push an update later today.

Big thanks Adrian! Both for a really great app and also for the fast help!

I have published a new test version. In this, I use the date / time as the id if the mac address is not detected.

It worked! Now on the new camera there is data id! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great! It worked for me on Uniview 16Ch NVR, please let me know how i can share info for your reference.

Just add the model number of the NVR, the cameras used and which features are supported, such motion type, snapshot, etc. I will then update the first post.
Thanks for our feedback.

Hi everybody,

I would like to use the Fibaro Intercom together with Homey Pro and for me it is not important to make use of the camera video. Instead Iā€™d like to use the Intercom button which was my bell button when I used Fibaro Home Center 2.

Is there a solution available? I couldnā€™t find anything.

Thank you in advance

It doesnā€™t look like the doorbell supports ONVIF so unfortunately nothing this app can help with.

Dear Adrian,
Iā€™ve a Imou Bullet 2 Model IPC-F42FE and the app does not received movement messages from the camera. There is no key icon on the bottom of the screen.
I had to set the USER snapshot url manually, and that seems to work.
The app works great with the IPC-G26E, but not with the newer model.
What more info do you need?
Thanks for your great work!
Arthur

Could you look a the Advanced Information for the camera (gear wheel in top right corner when the device tile is open), and see what is reported for ONVIF Notification methods and types.

Adrain,

USER Snapshot URL: http://192.168.1.202:80/onvifsnapshot/media_service/snapshot?channel=1&subtype=0

ONVIF notificatie metode: Push en Pull ondersteuningPush gebruiken

ONVIF notificatie type: MOTIONALARM,DIGITALINPUT,IMAGINGSERVICE,TAMPER,PROFILECHANGED,CONFIGURATIONCHANGED

ONVIF Motion Notification te gebruiken: MOTION (IsMotion)

Thanks

Ok, Iā€™m not sure why you donā€™t have the key icon to switch motion on and off. I will have a hunt through the app with that information in mind

Could you set the log level to Detailed information (the 3rd item in the list), then restart the app and once it has finished starting up, send the log to me.

Dear Adrian,
Iā€™ve sent the log before Homey restart, after I added an IPC-G26E (that works ad advertised :blush: and another IPC-F42FE that has the same issue as the other IPC-F42FE.
What I noticed is that the IPC-F42FE has Notification Type: MOTIONALARM,DIGITALINPUT,IMAGINGSERVICE,TAMPER,PROFILECHANGED,CONFIGURATIONCHANGED

and the IPC-G26E has Notification type:
DIGITALINPUT,MOTION,TAMPER,FACE,SCENETEMPERATURE,FIREALARM,MOTIONALARM,ANALYTICSSERVICE,JOBSTATE,RECORDINGCONFIGURATION,TRACKCONFIGURATION,RECORDINGJOBCONFIGURATION,CREATERECORDING,DELETERECORDING,CREATETRACK,DELETETRACK,STATE,STATE,IPCONFLICT,DETECTEDSOUND,PROFILECHANGED,CONFIGURATIONCHANGED

Thanks for your help.

I have published a new test version that should hopefully detect that motion is supported.
It strange that the camera doesnā€™t report a snapshot URL when it obviously seems to from your settings

"capabilities": {
      "$": {
        "SnapshotUri": false,

So Iā€™m glad you managed to work it out :+1:

As I mentioned earlier, I use UNV cctv system at my home, I have 16 channel nvr, I managed to connect the cameras which are connected directly to the nvr poe connection, I can get the snapshot but the events/triggers are different from the other cams which are attached directly to my network using the poe switch (from same brand).

1. camera connected directly to the nvr:

2. camera connected to the network:

For camera 2, i can set if the motion detects a movement to send me a notification while for camera 1 i cant use it for the same purpose.