[APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (Release 2.0.41)

This is what is see
Cant change any settings on motion type

Have you cropped the top off the screen shot? There should be a gear wheel in the top right corner (see images above)

Yes I cropped it

And find the option but that doesn’t work

Could you enable Basic logging via More > Apps > ONVIF Camera > Configure App and change the drop list setting and clear the log.
Then go to the camera device in Homey and switch motion off for a few seconds then and back on.
After a few seconds trigger motion on the camera a few times.
Then go back to the Log page and tap on Send Log.

Done

I can see the app is subscribing to the ONVIF events but there are no events showing up. Did you make any movement in front of the camera?

Do you need to configure anything else in the camera to enable motion events via ONVIF?

Unfortunately I don’t have any Duhua cameras so I’m not familiar with their setup.

Yes set up normal motion detection and there was motion

I can’t find anything about onvif motion

I see your new log and it’s renewing the subscription as expected. So communication is there but nothing is being pushed back. The log would show unrecognised data if it was sent but there is nothing.

Is the camera on the same subnet as Homey?
What is Homey’s IP address?

Can you try switching to pull notifications to see if that helps (in the advanced settings)?

Are there any other users that have a Dahua camera connected that can help?

1 Like

After switching pull notifications now it works !!!

Thank you for helping

1 Like

Will the Reolink E1 Pro fully work with this app (motion and sound)? I see that two other camera’s of Reolink confirmed working, hopefully the E1 Pro will work too.

Thanks!

I have no experience with that model so I can’t say if it works with motion detection but the app doesn’t support sound detection. The E1 Pro does appear to support ONVIF so the chances are good that it will work.
Homey only supports still images (snapshot).
Sorry I can’t be more helpful but there are too many cameras on the market.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer (and offcourse all the effort you put in the app).

Does the app doesn’t have any sound detection, with none of the camera’s. Or is your reaction specific for the E1 pro?

The app doesn’t support sound detection on any camera.
So far, I haven’t noticed an ONVIF notification for sound but if there is one I could probably add support for it.
Maybe if someone has a camera that supports it they could send me the log from the Configure App page that shows sound events coming in.

1 Like

Hi.
Anyone who can confirm if IMOU Bullet 2 is working with this app?

Hi Adrian,

I can’t recall if I asked you about a late model Hikvision camera I had last year. I’m just having another go at trying to get smart motion events to be recognized via the Onvif app.

I can get the camera to connect to the App no prob, I just can’t get it to recognize any smart motion events or triggers 
 eg intrusion, line detection , human detection
 etc etc

I’ve already tried the analytics settings already 

I did some research and also monitored the communication from the camera
 It appears Hikvision uses a particular output message when a smart motion event is triggered , separate to normal motion events 

Here are some grabs of what the camera puts out when I stand in front of it
 Also some other info 

MyFieldDetector1 is the event 

Do you think the ONVIF app would be able to listen to or respond to these events ?

Thx.

Have you tried setting the Notifications to ANAYLYTICSSERVICE (IsInside)?

Hi Adrian. After a firmware upgrade on my Imou Bullet lite cams I can confirm they are compliant with Onvif and your fantastic app.

1 Like

That’s great, thanks for letting us know.

1 Like

As mentioned before I already tried the Analytic setting. Just get an error saying Camera doesn’t support it

Ok, I think I have found out what is going on and will have an update soon.