[APP][Pro] Sun Events (Update SDK3)

Hey,

• I was testing a simple trigger, like “When it’s …” → “send a notification with the available time tag”.
  • Offset = 0.
  • re accurate, I compared the times with another weather service, the deviations are in the 1-2 mins
  • Did not downgrade yet. I don’t need the time tag, this was just a test. The trigger works at the set time, so I think it’s a minor issue but maybe I’m missing something.

I will test it today with 2 events. However, I still have the version v0.8.4 installed.

The problem could possibly also be caused by a Homey firmware update. It is reported again and again that the time setting is no longer correct after a Homey firmware update. I am not sure if a Homey reboot could solve the problem, but you can try it.

Ok, I can do that … seems a reboot every now and then mitigates a few issues anyway – if no delays are currently running

That is possible, although it didn’t happen here anymore since the fix in July.

Can you please advise how, you would use the kelvin tag, or other available tages to control the temperature of lights? I have a number of Philips Hue lights all ambient white, so its looking for a value between 0 - 100.

Many thanks,
Nick

There are a couple ways to do this but I use this formula based on the “kelvin” value of this app (sorry it’s in Dutch, it’s the “calculate” build in logic thingy):

This exact formula gives a value between 0 (cold) and 1 (warm) depending on how strong the sunlight should be without clouds on any given day (so it’s not ACTUAL sunlight, FIY). Als keep in mind that 0 is really cold, so you might want to tweak it to only let it go to 0.25 or something in your case if you don’t like the “hospital” light the 0 value gives. For me it translates to something like this (the curve is obviously bigger in summertime because the days are longer):

And to change any given lamp you just let a flow run every five minutes (or on “kelvin change” or on “lamp on”) to change the temperature of all the lights to the relevant kelvin value of the moment:

I also let this kelvin value have a tiny effect on the brightness of my lamps (a gradual +0.1 when kelvin is highest and +0 when it’s lowest), besides also mainly using lux sensors to auto change the brightness (where more light outside means the lights inside get brighter as well). Because only changing the temperature was not enough for me. I also want bright lights during the day and dim lights when it’s night (automagically).

This works really well in my case but you might have to experiment a bit for your specific setup (I use mostly non Philips Hue brands of smart lights).

1 Like

Thats a very cool hack!
Can I ask how or from where are you getting the cicadian level variable?
Its not showing for me and I have the app installed.

Thanks,
Nick

That’s the calculated variable stored in the logic part of homey.

These are the results from the yesterdays test:

So everything is fine, but with v0.8.4.

@Peter_Kawa, ok, the bug seems to be fixed with Homey v8.0.3.
@thobu, which FW do you use?

1 Like

So i don’t know if it’s probably a bug in Sun Events App v1.0.2, or it’s a problem with some settings of your Homey, sorry. But there is no similar issue reported on GitHub.

Thanks Marcel, sorry to be stupid but it is not showing for me, could you possibly provide a bullet point list of how to execute? Sorry to ask, this will be very changing for me.
Nick

hmm, here’s a screenshot of such a time diff.

I’m not aware of any particular settings that involve time or time zone.

Aha, i got it. I will show the universal time instead local. Will fix that i hope. This is the result off the new change off firmware in homey that now use finally always utc time.

1 Like

No problem .

1. you will create a new variable in the logic app. For example cardian level. (Numeric)
  2. than create an automation that fill’s (calculate) this number. And run for example every minute.

I meant the more or less build in settings in combination with the workaround that Peter already showed (post #15).
So why don’t you downgrade the app to the stable version and test it again? This way you can check if it is a possible error of the test version.

I have updated the test version, please try again.

Thanks, but didn’t work
I’ll reboot and wait for a next event

Can you explain in the screenshot what you display here? I mean is this the current time and a token?

Actually I updated to v1.0.3 and it works for me like it should: