[APP][Pro] Steinel Smart Home App (v1.1.0 | TEST v1.2.0)

Hi Ted,

first of all, thank you for the app and the upgrade to SDK3 for the new HP23.

Unfortunately I have an error when switching the “L 810 LED IHF Z-Wave”. Both directly via the Homey App and when used in Flows, the lamp cannot be switched on or off. However, dimming is possible.

The following error is displayed:
Missing Capability Listener: onoff.

I think this is probably just a small error. I have already re-included the lamp several times. That can’t be the cause. The error remains.

Maybe you can help me?

Thank you very much.

Hi,
Will it upgrade to support new HomePro 2023 ?
Regards

Hello Eric,

You can use the current test version. It already supports the new HP23. Go to Changelog under Steinel in the App Store and select the new test version 1.20.

Many greetings

Hi
Thanks a lot

I would
Like to test but I have to device to buy one , I have spot from them and detectors but not yet the one with zwave
I did a test with a small zwave module outside my house on a wall , and seems the signal didn’t reach my HomePro :disappointed:
Maybe the signal is stronger when using cable and not small battery

Regards

Hello,
I’m afraid I don’t quite follow what you’re saying. I think I understand that you don’t have a wired ZWave device, but a battery-powered motion detector. Basically, I can only recommend that you first set up a stable network around the HP23 and also around the HP19 with wired devices, which can also be repeaters or plugs or similar. Then teach in the battery-operated ZWave components, just like with Zigbee. If your motion detector is not recognised: Simply dismantle it once and teach it in directly next to the HP23. Then mount it again at the old location and see if it works (again). Good luck.

Another tip: Zibee seems to be more far-reaching than ZWave in outdoor areas. Maybe you should go to the Hue outdoor motion sensors.

Many greetings

Thanks
The z-wave that test is already working in homepro as it detects motion in a room located at 8 meters of it and rejoignez 2 internal walls
But when this detector is move outside and set on the wall with a distance of 4 meters max of the HomePro no signal reaches the HomePro

So this is why I ask question regarding performance of zwave on a detector with battery and one with cable. As the external one form this vendor should let different case with same type of wall and maybe signal issue( or have more stronger signal .

Hi Ted, thanks for the new test version. Works great with my 4 motion detectors.
When do you expect the official version for the HP23?
Thanks, Huib