[APP][Pro] Steinel Smart Home App (v1.1.0 | TEST v1.2.0)

i don’t know what the problem is anymore, i have it running in normal mode now, even there i have freezers at the motion detector every few days, have to disconnect everything from the power supply and then it works again.

if it’s the app, the controller or just the correct settings, i don’t know. other reports the steinel products would spam the z-wave network, maybe it crashes?

has anyone found a solution?

greetings

philipp

Hello @TedTolboom ,

i have seen you have updated the app, does it have something to do with the freezers of the motion detectors or can i hope for improvement?

greetings and thanks a lot

philipp

In the investigation to freezers in motion / tamper alarms, Athom has released an update of the meshdriver that could resolve a particular cause of these freezers.

I’m not sure if that is also the cause for the Steinel devices but I still implemented the change; I hope you could confirm, since I don’t have any Steinel devices active myself…

thansk a lot, i will test and report :slight_smile:

Hello @TedTolboom ,

unfortunately the problems still exist, it seems to me that the movement no longer freezes and remains active but rather no new movement is detected and the last movement is displayed hours ago.

greetings

philipp

Hi, @TedTolboom, I bought a Steinel IS 140-2 Z-Wave yesterday. Inclusion without any problem.

But it detects a movement every 5 seconds although it is in a dark drawer for a test. Something wrong here. If i can help testing, no problem.

THX

Hi, I have also an IS 140-2 in use and it worked fine until the Homey 7.0.0 update. After the update the device was not listet anymore in the ZWAVE network. I’ve tried to add it again and the first step, the exclusion, works fine…but during the second step, the inclusion, Homey ist not able to find the device again.
Does anymore have a similiar issue or an idea how to solve it?

Hi developers,
I found a really helpful smarthome indoor device from Steinel. The MotionSwitch LED Z-Wave.
Specification could be found here: https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/3010

Unfortunately it’s not supported by the Steinel Smart Home App.
I had a look at GitHub and I can see that there is a folder ‘drivers’. I suppose that the device could be added there by creating a new folder ‘MotionSwitchLED’. But probably there are several more locations in the code where it is hooked.
I could try to get the images and configuration parameters in there and push it to the repository.
Would this be an option and you and someone with more implementation knowledge can support to get it finalized.

Maybe someone of you already plans to add the device in near future?

1 Like

Hi, bought 3 steinel xled zwave and all works perfectly! Thx

Hi,
I was wondering @TedTolboom: is it possible to get this app to be compatible with Homey Bridge?

Based on Athoms requirements that Homey Bridge compatible apps need to be supported by the manufacturer (Steinel in this case) I would not expect it (any time soon)

In previous attempt to get additional information from Steinel, they were not responsive to the questions posed.

I would suggest contacting Steinel with this question.

is an app update planned for the Homey 2023?

Hi @Jarek_J,
It’s already there in the App Store’s test environment: Steinel Z-wave | Homey

2 Likes

Hi, are there any plans to support some newer Steinel lamps with Bluetooth support and not only Z-wave?

First : Thanks for making this app - it is great and I am thankful I have found it. I am using the build for the Homey2023 pro. I successfully included one IS140-2 device, but for the second all appears normal, but during the last step after the inclusion it says Transmmit_Complete_noRoute, any idea ?

Hi Olli,

I’ve an old Homey Pro 2019, but want to get a new 2023.
I also use Steinel, does this app work on your new 2023 ?

Hi, I just configured v 1.20 on HP23 with 2 IS140-2 Z-Wave. The inclusion process took several tries but it works well now.

OK thanks!

Dear jan

One worked and two others could not be included :frowning:

But I think this is related to Homey Pro rather than the Steinel…

Good luck !

best oliver

Good morning,
I trained a steinel-xled lamp in the carport yesterday.
I made an extra Powerlan set to get closer to the light (about 1m) :crazy_face:
You really have to bring homey and steinel very close. - Then it works immediately …

I use but only the brightness and the on / off.
You can forget the motion alarm when it’s sunny.