[APP][Pro] SONOFF Zigbee

Repair only works in HP2023, not in HP2019 and before. In that case you’re unlucky…

Hello,

I’m trying to add the Micro USB Smart Adapter

https://sonoff.tech/product/diy-smart-switches/micro/

I’m trying to add it as eWelink on/off device because normally it should be added through this app. Unfortunately Homey doesn’t recognise it.

Is it supported?

@Marcus_Bitterling, is this not a WiFi device?

Hi Johan,

You’re probably right!
So I need to find a suitable Homey app.
Perhaps it’s tuya compatible.
Thanks for your help.

This version is wifi. I’m looking for a solution too to adopt The zigbee version

Is the mmWave sensor planned for the app?

Maybe a Nice alternative for the Aqara sensor.

@Yustmenl It is supported in this app:

1 Like

no support available?

I have got a problem adding new Sonoff devices. Earlier I had 4 SNZB-02 Temp/humidity sensors and 1 SNZB-02D Temp/humidity sensor added to my HP23. Then I bought 3 SNZB-02P devices. I could add 1 of these, but when I tried pairing and adding the second and third, they were timed out. I restarted the app and Homey but I was not able to add. Then I removed the first one and tried to readd it, but that was not possible, I also removed the SNZB-02D and was not able to readd this one either. I removed av Aqara temp/hum sensor and could succesfully readd it. I added a new Aeotec extender which was also succesfully connected. In my system I have 26 zigbee router devices and 25 zigbee enddevices so I thought they would take care of the connections, but they did not. Unfortunately I do not know how to see the connections between enddevices and routers like it is for z-wave devices. I have tried all kinds of alternatives, that is to my knowledge, and can not figure out what is the problem.

@Nisse_Hellgren Do you use Matter over Thread devices as well?
If yes, consider making choices: zigbee & Matter over WiFi, or just zigbee, or just Matter over Thread…

I just use Zigbee and Z-wave devices in my HP23 system. WiFi devices were to unstable and slow in HP23 so I chose another solution for these - mostly cameras and other devices. Some of these devices only work on 2.4 GHz but as I understand it Zigbee channel 11 and WiFi 2.4 GHz communication should not interfere so they block each other - or?

Fix Wifi 2.4GHz channel preferably to ch. 1, 6 or 11
When set to ch. 1, zigbee channel should be 16 or up.
When set to ch. 11, zigbee channel should be 20 or down, you get the picture.

Note: your close neighbour’s 2.4GHz wifi can interfere as well!
You can check this with a tool like this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=abdelrahman.wifianalyzerpro

For those devices only running on wifi 2.4 GHz the channel is set to 11. Zigbee is set to channel 11 meaning that wifi and zigbee are on each side of the 2.4 GHz frequency range. Which can be clearly noticed in the graph - at least as I read it.

But now I have to inform that I successfully added all Sonoff temperature/humidity sensors to Smartthing Hub after resetting the sonoff devices. This measure was NOT successful in the case of HP23. So still I wonder what went wrong with HP23?

Anyone know when SONOFF Zigbee Door/Window Sensor SNZB-04P and SONOFF Zigbee Motion Sensor SNZB-03P will be supported?

Homey’s Zigbee just isn’t great.

Yes, you´re right. Probably I expected to much of HP23. Fortunately I could use my Smartthings hub where all my cameras goes as well. These couldn’t be handle of HP23 anyway.

Now I wondwer if building up a Home Assistent system would be a better idea?

Home Assistant only has more complete Zigbee support, support for streaming video (cameras), better/faster device support, customisable dashboards, the ability to run on your own hardware, debug logging, free and easy local backups, and no cloud dependencies. Other than that, Homey is better.

Thanks a lot. While looking carefully to see if I can find all the benefits of working with HP23, I think I will try out Home Assistent.

Is zigbee2mqtt not enough? Or can’t you run that without HA?

I hope very soon, but i’m affraid Johan is very busy atm