[APP][Cloud & Pro] Somfy Tahoma & Connexoon (v4.0.37, test v4.0.75)

I have just realised I erase it at startup anyway so although it might cause a crash it will be fixed when the app is restarted.
I will add the check but it is not the cause of this problem.

Ok thank you, Iā€™m waiting for a new version?
This is already the second time that I have this problem.

Hi All

Apologies if I have missed this in the dialogue to date. Is there a recommended set up now to avoid upsetting Somfy? Iā€™m sure we stand less chance of creating an issue if we can make sure everyone has the app set correctly?

Thanks for all the efforts so far.

Basically keep polling down to a minimum.
It depends on your needs as to how far you go.
If you are happy to just control your devices then switch polling off.
If you need feedback from sensor then think about how often you really need to update and make the sync speed value as high as possible.

1 Like

On the subject of sync speed. To me the term speed is counter intuitive as it suggests a higher value is syncing faster but it is actually slower.

Would users get confused if I changed it to sync interval or sync period?

I have left it alone so far as itā€™s been like that for years but it bugs me every time I have to explain it. :grin:

1 Like

Sync interval has my vote :wink:

3 Likes

For me sync interval seems the best, itā€™s self-explaining. Sync speed confuses me as well.

In Dutch it would be Synchronisatie-interval :smile:

2 Likes

Version 2.1.8 is now in test.
I have changed the Sync Speed to Sync Interval.

I have limited the Information log size to 30000 characters so it wonā€™t consume all of Homeyā€™s memory if it left switched on.
I recommend it is only switched on if you are having problems and need to get information to help solve it.

I have added support for the Garage Door with Partial option. This door only supports the Open / Close / Stop and My options.

I have also added a capability that reports the My position if it is available. This will appear in a separate page of the device and as a tag in the flows if the information is sent by Somfy. Again, I canā€™t test it as none of my devices support that option.
As the capability is added dynamically you might need to restart the app after the states have be received for the first time before it will appear in the device screens.

Hi Adrian, i see you are adding RTS devices too. What do you need to be able to add RTS universal actor? https://www.somfy.me/en-gc/products/1810624/universal-receiver-rts thank you

Does it show up in Tahoma?

If so then send me the Device log and I will see what I can do.

Updated to 2.1.8
App crashes went started

I restarted the App and it works now!

Yes, it is in Tahoma as rts device.
I have hard time to receive the Device log. After pressing the button I dont receive any log and the window stay empty.

I got the crash report. I must admit it makes no sense at all :crazy_face:. The crash happened because something tried to get a setting called debugMode which didnā€™t exist. But I initialise that setting on about the 9th line of the App onInit function and the only place it gets it is in the configuration page.
I think I might run this past Athom to see if they have any ideas.

Matrix glitchā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

Login at Connexoon is successful. Sunsensor is recognized. The Markise (Exterior Horizontal) says thereā€™s no new equipment available.

Did you try exterior vertical?

Yes is the same.

Could you send me the Device log from the app configuration page (see first post).
It could be that your awning has a different product identifier that I need to add to the app. The Device Log tells me all the information I need to add a new device and map the commands from Homey to Somfy.

1 Like

@Adrian_Rockall Where do you have to draw the line, which devices are meant for your app and what should be part of the Somfy RTS (athom) app.

It seems it become kind of mixed. RTS devices in your app and in the one of athom as well. Philips hue light bulbs in your app and in the Philips Hue zigbee app as well. Maybe Iā€™m wrong and this is okay, but I thought I will mention it once, to maybe get an explanation :smile:

ā€¦ However, this could minimize the apps one need to install and therefor might lighten the CPU load?