[APP][Cloud & Pro] Somfy Tahoma & Connexoon (v4.0.37, test v4.0.75)

It’s completely gone after i restart homey cloud.

But i get the same error when i try to install it after the reboot.

And then i see it back in the “verbind je apparaat” screen again.

I just had a reply from Athom support. I’m a bit disappointed in the way they try to downplay the issue.
And now they suggested it might be some problem in my home network.
I have Homey. Not Pro. It’s in the cloud. My local network can’t have anything to do with it.
Sigh…

Well, I got here because I got the exact same issues. And when reporting an issue I got the same reply: This is not our app, talk to the dev. I removed the app from my Homey but cannot install the new test version again anymore. Receiving the same error.
Also… The problem in december, where multiple virtual homey’s share the same IP adress to the cloud… They are selling the Bridge as the master of cloud solution! They even want to ask monthly payment for a subscription… with this level of support. And the Dev, in this case Adrian Rockall, kudo’s to you that you are supporting your app. How many apps are there created where the dev has no time anymore for support. I bought the bridge because it would be the master of the cloud and combine al my smart stuff together. But sofar I’m thinking to send it back or sell it.

@Adrian: Kannst du dir mal bitte folgende Lösung anschauen und sagen ob das so passt?

Raffstore im Neubau 2022 - :de: English / Fragen & Hilfe - Homey Community Forum

Vielen Dank und ein schönes Wochenende.

If you could please keep the conversation in English as much as possible, then more people will be able to participate and help you. If you would rather not or can’t communicate in English then please check out Non-English boards/categories:

Deutsch (German)

Will it be possible to get information of the Rain sensor in the IO Windows?

If you are using a Homey Pro, then send me the log from the More > Apps > Somfy Tahoma and Connexoon > Configure App, Device Log.
Tap on the Get Log and then Send Log.
If the information is available then I can add it in.

Thanks I did send it to you :+1:

@Caseda : So let`s try :wink: My english is not good as well:

Dear Adrian, please have a lock on the solution for :

Thank you an Nice Weekend.

Greethings from South Germany

KeHo

I have looked through the log and Somfy are not reporting anything about the rain sensors.
The best hope is that it set the io:PriorityLockLevelState or the io:PriorityLockOriginatorState when the window is blocked due to rain.
The app does already try to capture the o:PriorityLockOriginatorState and sets the Lock State capability to the received message. That will also trigger an When flow card with a string tag that can be used in a logic condition.
Unfortunately the events are not easy to capture to get the required syntax. If possible could you enable the Information Log in the Configure App page (blue tick) then try to operate the window when it is raining. If the window refuses to open due to the rain then I believe it should send the Lock State message.

If you select Somfy venetian blinds the app ‘should’ be able to control the slat position, as it is a feature of the app. For IO blinds you can set the exact position from the device tile or from a flow card.
I say ‘should’ because Somfy make many different types of blind so it does depend on having the required feature on the blind. Basically, if Tahoma can control the position then Homey can so, the supplier should be able to advise you if the product is suitable as they should know about Tahoma.
I hope that answers your question, but please ask if you have any others.

@Adrian_Rockall :
Thank you very much. I will coordinate this accordingly with the window manufacturer and request in writing that the settings of the slats can be selected via their hub (IO). Will then report at the end of the year how it went. Thank you again and thank you for your work.

1 Like

Hi all,

Quite new here, so still finding out all the possibilities with Homey and the respective apps :slight_smile:
I have some roller shutters from Somfy with the IO protocol and I want to incorporate them in Homey. Now i’m a bit at a loss regarding the Somfy hub I need. Do I need to get the Tahoma switch? Or the Connexoon IO?

Best regards,

kees

You need a Tahoma (doesn’t need to be switch, I have one several generations old) or Connexoon IO.
The protocol is zwave, but for some reason Somfy made it so that other brands cannot communicate with their devices.

Thanks! So for functionality it wouldn’t matter as Homey will give the commands to the connexoon or Tahoma? If so, the connexoon will be the slightly more affordable choice.

Good news @pvdven & @Michael_Van_der_Meer.
Today I finally was able to install the /test/ app on Homey (cloud) again! Hope it works for you as well.
I have no update on my ticket yet.

2 Likes

Interesting document about the Somfy protocols:
https://service.somfy.com/downloads/nam_v5/somfyio_homecontrol_guide.pdf

1 Like

Works for me too again. I hope it keeps working and wonder what caused the problem.