[App][Pro] SmartThings

SmartThings

Current app version: 1.0.0 (development)

Control the devices in your SmartThings app with Homey!

Links:

I’m working on an App for controlling my SmartThings devices through Homey. I’m starting this topic here to check about traction and other use cases the community may have.

So far I have managed to make the app communicate properly with the SmartThings API and poll it every 6 seconds for new statuses in all devices. Also managed to control all of my devices that are connected to smartthings (App and Hub), like:

• Samsung TV
  • Samsung Smart Display,
  • Samsung Washing Machine
  • SmartThings sockets (with power consumption)
  • Danalock v3 Z-Wave!! Homey has many connectivity issues with my Danalock v3 Z-Wave and SmartThings Hub can connect and actuate it from very far away without issues.
  • Fibaro Smoke Detector (Z-Wave)
  • My phone as a zone presence sensor. SmartThings uses the device as a presence sensor.

In order to install the devices you will need to add your personal access token that can be generated on SmartThings. Add a little smartness to your things. . To make it simple I avoided having a settings page, so in the future it can be used in Homey Cloud.

If anyone is interested in knowing more about the development or funding me to develop it, please comment, like and bookmark this post! I will keep everything posted here!

Some screenshots:

5 Likes

Just FYI, there’s a Smartthings app already, but it’s available from the community store.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve checked it and the way it’s done is a little bit different. I will have a look to inspire myself.

1 Like

YW. I don’t know the background why his SThings app is not in the Athom app store, b/c the developer has 12 of his other apps in there.

I’m trying now to generalize and not stick with any device class like washing machine or door locks. I’m also working on translating every production capability from ST to Homey so any device implementing them will work. Of course proposed and vendor specific capabilities will be added as long as we can have the capability json schema.

1 Like

Are you considering (if technically possible at all) to support Samsungs SmartTags (normal and /or + version) as well?

If you can grab the device info and capabilities from the ST API, then it will. Of course if some capabilities are custom, then we will need to implement manually.

Thanks, but ai have no idea how to do that…:sweat_smile:
Feel free to leave instructions here or by PM if you consider supporting them…

Athom wouldn’t accept it as it competed with theirs (which is no longer visible in the store). They also said the process of getting the key from SmartThings was to complicated :frowning:

I’ve been running the application for months now and it works with no hiccups. Maybe you could try it as an alpha tester? If you accept I can give you access to the GitHub repo so you can clone and install it.

1 Like

Yes, I’d be happy to!

Hello @rhuan.barreto is it still possible to install the app on homey? I have a Samsung washing machine and I’d like to use it with homey.

Greets Rick

2 Likes

hi, i have installed hcs, created a token for the smartthings 2 app. but when i wan’t to install devices in the app i get an error "HTTPS Error: Unauthoized. what’s wrong and how can i fix it?

Well, unauthorized often means: wrong credentials
So it can’t hurt to check for upper/lowercase, whitespaces in front or after your passw or username

Of course! I need alpha testers. For me it’s working for long time. No guarantees that it will work for you. Please send me your github username so I can add you to the repo.

This app has nothing to do with the HCS version. It’s still an alpha version made for me that is working for more than 6 months in my own homey. Only downside is that you need to know how to install apps manually from homey CLI in your machine.

Some people are exploring the new homey pro. So not everything works from the first time. But i suceed to get it workig.

Hmm, I think you use the app by Adrian?
That’s an other thread:
https://community.homey.app/t/app-pro-smartthings-hcs-version/61418?

yes indeed, my mistake. i’m still figer things out. but will learn to install apps manually form homey CLI. thanks for the response.

1 Like

Can you put the version on the AppStore or test version ?