[APP][Pro] Slide - Automate your curtains

From the kickstarter page. Kaj record a video message about it.

Iā€™m trying now for 30 min to get the slides on local APIā€¦ lights are blinking 5 times, but still homey canā€™t find them locally, and I can still controle them with the slides applicationā€¦ :roll_eyes: Iā€™m guessing Iā€™m the only one with this problem?

Already power down the slidesā€¦ What can I try more?

The Slide team just posted.

posted by Innovation in Motion

May 4, 2024 ā€¢ 8:19AM PDT
Backup video link of previous update
For anyone that cannot view the link in the previous update. Iā€™ve created a copy in Google drive. Please see the following link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x1mznmvP0K8hyUā€¦

On the local API, can we also change the strength used? On the official (cloud) app, during calibration you could switch between the motor strength used.

Thanks!

I think this might have to do with the bug in Homey firmware (" Fixes an issue where capabilities would be outdated after a reboot."), but I am not sure. Will try to investigate as soon as I have time.

1 Like

Just watched the video. Very sad, it is a beautiful product.

For me, it worked to set them to ā€˜localā€™ (with the blinking), then power off for a while. After rebooting it worked.

Just searched the documentation, there is nothing related to strength in the local API.

So sad they didnā€™t make it.
But now switching over to local is giving me trouble to connect.
Iā€™m at the pop up screen in home to switch to local. I press reset button twice. It flashes 5 times. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesnā€™t. But honey stays on the pop up screen.
Rebooted en hard reset slide but with no results

Can pls someone help.

@Astrapowerrr have the same problemā€¦ somehow itā€™s not always working that you can connect slides to Homey with local API enabled. I already emailed Kaj, but unfortunately he canā€™t help either.

You have Kajā€™s contact details?

I have no connection issues (yet) through cloud api but my issue is that since yesterday late the slide wont close my curtains.

You can hear the motor but the line isnt moving.

Any advice from the community :slightly_smiling_face:

Local or cloud ?

I think its still cloud. Not sure how to setup local tho. I do have the pro.

I had some problems in the beginning as well. I think I have had to set it to the local API twice.
I waited for a few minutes after the last time, then unplugged the Slide for a few minutes then plugged it in and waited a few minutes before trying to add it to Homey.

@Jorden

unfortunately, already done this several times. in the beginning homey could not find the curtains at all via local API. After I restarted Homey, they were in the App for adding. But unfortunately, the curtains do not respond when I want to operate them via Homey. Only the cloud connection (via the Slide app) continues to work. According to Kaj, this is correct, because the latest update makes both possible (if the curtains are set on Local API) (until he pulls the plug on the cloud server) For now I donā€™t know what to do with the Slide curtainsā€¦ it sucks bigtime.

@Pairis just his support e-mail address what you can find on the Slide website.

@Remy Done that. Got the auto reply mentioned above here somewhere.

Basically saying that they have laid of all their support staff and there will be no reply.

Sameā€¦ Considering to switch to the SwitchBot System. But feels like a waist of mony

My two slides are working fine on local API. Switched them both and configured them in Homey within 10 minutes. Glad itā€™s okay :slight_smile:

What the Fā€¦&*#$ :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Still need slides? I have 2 on offer ā€¦

(not interested, just trying to help) how old are yours? Mine are from late 2019, and one got replaced in 2022. Both Proā€™s by todayā€™s standards. Are they connected to the same WiFi network as Homey? No VLANā€™s or other firewall setttings?

What I did:

Both Slides were functioning properly on cloud access.
I deleted Slide 1 from Homey
On Slide 1 I pushed the reset button twice within 0.5 seconds. So switched to local api.
On Homey I clicked ā€œAdd deviceā€ ā†’ Slide. There were two Slides!
I added both.
Slide 1 was working already, but Slide 2 was not.
On Slide 2 I pushed the reset button twice within 0.5 seconds. So switched to local api.
Now also Slide 2 was working in Homey.