[APP][Pro] RSS Feed Reader

RSS Feed Reader for Homey

This app gives Homey the ability to respond to messages of any RSS feeds. Create a flow to trigger anything, e.g. speech so Homey tells you what is happening.

Currently supports posting…

• :memo: Messages on new video’s
  • :framed_picture: Pictures from Image Tags
  • :globe_with_meridians: Pictures and video’s from URL’s

Create a flow to trigger anything, e.g. speech so Homey tells you what is happening.

Download in the Homey App Store!

:gear: Install this app on your Homey and add RSS Feed Reader as a new device. When your done, go to your device’s settings and enter any rss feed.

:speech_balloon: Supported languages:

:uk: English :netherlands: Dutch :de: German :fr: french :it: Italian :sweden: Swedish :norway: Norwegian :es: Spanish :denmark: Danish :ru: Russian :poland: Polish

:computer: Apps made by @LRvdLinden

See for more apps link below 👇🏻 or just open the pull down.

Contributions

If you appreciate this apps, contribute to future development by making a paypal contribution

or buy me a couple of :beers: or a :coffee: with iDeal or Bunq.me or become a surporter on Patreon

1 Like

I have tested the app with different rss-feeds. It looks like the if-card (nieuw artikel ontvangen) doesn’t trigger or do i miss something?

1 Like

Hi @Wilfred_Greven, it is a know bug. I need to map the different item names from different feeds.

New app update (test: 1.0.5):

If you have found a bug, please report it via dm.

New app update (LIVE: 1.0.6):

• New: Settings page by @martijnpoppen, extra translation for :de: :fr: :it: :sweden: :norway: :es: :denmark: :ru: :poland:
  • Fix: Feed inprovement

I have the same problem, It looks like the if-card doesn’t trigger also with the newest version v1.0.6?

1 Like

Same problem here. The card is not triggered.

@feRon @Undertaker let me check guys.

@feRon @Undertaker

Sorry guys. Where version 1.0.6 changed the device settings page, you need to delete and recreate the device. Once you have done this and select the correct trigger card again in your flow, it will do it again.

I will test it.

Edit:
The flow is still not triggered. As soon as I restart the app, one of my two flows triggers by itself, even though I did not start it manually.:man_shrugging:

1 Like

What feed url you used?
When you restart or reinstall the app, it will always give you the last article.

https://feeds.acast.com/public/shows/c46832eb-2f0a-414d-9db0-089c7c47c5bf

New app update (Live: 1.1.0):

1 Like

And working now for you?

No, unfortunately not. But you don’t have to worry about it, I don’t really need the app.

Unfortunately version 1.1.0 does not refresh the RSS data.
I am testing the NU.nl RSS for Homey 2023 with url NU - Economie. It works one time after restart of the app. After deinstall and install of the app, the same old message is available (cache?).
An improvement is appreciated.

You’re sure there’s a new post in the feed? Do you have the url for me?

NU.nl updates existing news items. A news item on NU.nl website stays in its original order, but in RSS feed the updated news item is on top. That is why RSS can repeat the title of an existing news item multiple times.
Would it be possible to suppress multiple message of the same item?

Did anyone get the 1.1.0 to trigger? Set up a feed yesterday, but no trigger when the feed is updated. Is this a lost cause?

What is your feed url?