[APP][Pro] RSS Feed Reader

Thanks for swift reply

http://www.nrk.no/mr/siste.rss

Is your feed url right? Normal feed reader Doesn’t recognise him.

looks alright from here. What reader are you testing with?

Feedly for iOS

That does not look like a rss Reader. Try this one on iOS

lør. 13. jan. 2024 kl. 16:23 skrev LÊon van der Linden via Homey Community Forum <notifications@athom.discoursemail.com>:

Ok, appers that this app do not read RSS feed, but something else. I’ll just delete this app then as it is not a RSS reader.

@Kai_Engvik Thanks for your positive feedback! I may need to adjust something to read your rss feed. Will look into it this week. Weekends I do as little as possible. Besides a 40-hour job and volunteering to make apps for the community, there is also a family😉

2 Likes

Totally understandable 🫶🏻. I’ll try it again when there is an update :ok_hand:

1 Like

I notice that the card “New article received” also runs when Homey is booted even though there are no new articles. Could this be edited so that it doesn’t run at boot?

I’ve been using this RSS app for a few months now and it does its job well.
Via some Dutch RSS feeds (NU.nl, AD, Telegraaf and NOS) I have some comments that I cannot resolve:

• news editors rephrase their news title several times, so I often hear (using text-to-speech) the same news from the same source more than once
  • a lot of sports news via the general news RSS of these media.

I like the old-fashioned Teletext: short news headlines, only important news, very minor title changes. Unfortunately I can’t find any Teletext RSS. Does anyone have a solution for this?

:newspaper: Update v1.1.1

New Live version!

Improvement

:star2: Overall App Enhancements: Experience an improved RSS Feed Reader App with various enhancements aimed at enhancing usability and performance across the board.

Download the new version in the Homey App Store!

Encountering any issues? Help us help you by sending a detailed report via the mobile Homey app.

More - apps - RSS Feed Reader - settings wheel top right - send diagnostic report (include your email and issues in the input field for better assistance)

Contributions

If you appreciate this app, fuel future development with a PayPal contribution, buy a round with iDeal or Bunq.me, or become a true supporter on Patreon. Your support keeps the magic alive! :sparkles::rocket: