[APP][Pro] Roborock Vacuum Cleaners

Is it possible to clean 2 zones at the same time? with the same card?

Hello! I have a homey pro and just got my Roborock s8. When can i add this new model into the app?

1 Like

Are you using this Roborock app, or the Xiaomi app for Homey (the Roborock doesn’t work for Homey 2023).

Not sure if the S8 is supported by the Roborock app, but if it is, you can just add your token in the app configuration and add the device on the devices page (same for the Xiaomi app)

This app is not compatible with Homey Pro (Early 2023).

This app is outdated and requires an update to work on Homey Pro (Early 2023). If you want this to happen, please contact the developer by sending an e-mail.

You can…well not really at the same time :stuck_out_tongue: , but with 1 command you can clean 2 rooms by adding then comma separated. for example 16, 17.

Or migrate to the Xiaomi app, which is compatible and has the same functionality.

5s doesn’t seam to support room in homey. So I’m currently using cordinates for zone cleaning. Could I to the same and saperate cordinates? X,x y,y?

I’m not sure, but you can test it yourself of course.
Are you sure Rooms isn’t supported? The first room is 16 in this app, so try to set room cleaning to 16 in the then card. (and you need to define multiple rooms in the roborock phone app ofcourse)

Wow, just tried number 16. It works. Thank you!

If you create more rooms in the phone app, the 2nd room you create is 17 etc. So then you can clean multiple rooms by using 16, 17

1 Like

hello, I got the roborock s8 pro ultra and I also prefer using the roborock app. the goal is to use Alexa cleaning rooms with commands. for example “Alexa, mop the bathroom”. Maybe even several rooms and once. so just like in the app. besides Alexa, a button would be nice on my iPhone.

so my my first idea was to set up a home assistant instance. I did this with the “new” official integration and configured an automation doing exactly what I want. also got it on my Home Screen on the iPhone using iOS shortcuts triggering the automation. unfortunately I can’t get this into homey or Alexa.

Is there a way to trigger the Home assistant automation from the homey app? use it in workflows? when putting in homey I think I can also use it with Alexa?

is there another way to do this?

In case I decide to switch to Xiaomi - will my cleaning statistics and maintenance intervals remain or transferred? Are they stored at the roborock device itself? how is the procedure? just install Xiaomi app and then press the the rebinding buttons and connect it to the new app? is there a way switching back?

Can anyone update this app or create a new one based on the home assistant one connecting directly to the roborock account instead of mi home? GitHub - humbertogontijo/homeassistant-roborock: Roborock integration for Home Assistant. This integration uses your devices from the Roborock App

That’s true for usage from homey. But to use the xiaomi homey app (or roborock homey app) you have to switch to also using the mi home app on your phone. Then i will loose the remote camera viewing option in the roborock phone app

If you mean to control and view state of Roborock from both Homey and Mi Home App, that’s possible.
I’m using app above to monitor state of cleaner, to empty bin etc. and Mi Home App to clean areas, selective rooms or to check out the result of cleaning.

Developer of Roborock original app has abandoned Homey completely.

no. i want to be able to use my vacuum with the Roborock iPhone app and at the same time have it connected to homey

Not possible. Only way is to use the Mi Home.

1 Like

thats why im asking if someone can make a new app to make it possible. It’s possible for home assistant users: GitHub - humbertogontijo/homeassistant-roborock: Roborock integration for Home Assistant. This integration uses your devices from the Roborock App

That is not possible without a lot of I mean a lot of work.

Since there is no Roborock API for NodeJS. Also, there is no community version.
I already converted a Python API for VeSync to NodeJS. Won’t do it again. It’s alot of work.

I don’t know if the code for the Roborock Homey app version is on Github/lab, but if it is, it will just be a rewrite, sonce this app always worked fine on my old Homey. The Xiaomi Homey app works, currently use that one, but it might limit some functionality on certain models, since the Xiaomi phone app (not Homey) doesn’t support all features of every model like the Roborock app does.

Since the developer of this Roborock Homey app didn’t update it (yet), you could see if the code is available on Github/lab, and either update this app yourself of find a developer that wants to help you, maybe find other users that want to update this app too, and tofether get a bit of funds as an incentive for a developer to help out.

If the sourcecode ain’t available it will be a lot of work to setup a new app from scratch.