[APP][Pro] Roborock Vacuum Cleaners

:slight_smile:

BTW. Everything seems to be in place in v1.3.2.

Exactly the issue I was trying to prevent. :wink:

1 Like

I found a Github thread that’s enabling me to get the map name… Soo this will be possible in the future!

1 Like

This is just amazing! Thank you very much Justin, you just made my day =)

2 Likes

Haha most welcome!

1 Like

Allrighty then, seems like 1.3.2 is working, soo I asked for a release. I’ll keep you guys posted about when Athom approves this version.

The next round will be water intensity settings for the S5 Max and the S6 MaxV as well as zoned cleanup for every robot (based on coordinates).

Good night :yawning_face:

2 Likes

Boys at Athom were up early… Version 1.3.2 is now live. If you disabled automatic updates, update the app via your Homey settings. I’ve updated the original thread above.

2 Likes

Justin, thank you very much for making this app. I’ve started using it immediately. Presently I have installed version 1.3.2. And have Roborock S6.
I have two findings that I want to share with you:

• “De status is veranderd naar … Stofzuigen” does not trigger, while “de status is veranderd naar … Aan het opladen” does trigger. So seems specific for “Stofzuigen”.

• “De status is veranderd” gives a local tag “status” at the same time the Roborock has a tag “vacuum cleaner status”. Are the identical?

Keep up the good work.
Regards,
Paul

Paul,

Try using the official tags that Xiaomi provides. I am not sure why ‘aan het opladen’ does work, maybe Homey translates this automatically? Not sure…

The status texts are displayed in the first post of this thread. ‘Aan het opladen’ is officially ‘charging’ and ‘aan het stofzuigen’ is ‘cleaning’. All small letters, no first capital.

When I use the trigger card “the status is veranderd naar …” there is a rolldown-button that uses predefined Dutch texts, such as “Stofzuigen” etc.

Regards,
Paul

Funny… There must be a translation in there somewere. This functionallity is part of the old app and somehow it’s extracting status information from Xiaomi, but I have not figured out were. I will dig into this!

Edit: added this bug to the to-do list.

A 140 installations within barely 48 hours that the app is live… I guess people waited for this app to come! Nice to see! However it would be nice if you’d post a short review in the app store :slight_smile: I would appreciate that!

2 Likes

Great work Justin. I downloaded the app for my Dreame L10 which uses the Xiaomi Home app, but it does not seem to working. Do you know if there are any issues connected with Dreame (should use same API)

Hi, I recently flashed my S5max to dustcloud valetudo, would it be possible to add support for this firmware. The connection to xiaomi is disabled in this firmware. It has a web interface and mqtt (supported homie and hass layout)

Okay soo I tested this, but it works fine… See attached image. Please keep in mind that it will trigger more often of less often depending on your polling frequency. If your polling frequency is 60 seconds, then the status will trigger every minute only. I tested all the options and they all worked fine for me.

There are two ways of getting a status. The first way is the AND/OR card ‘The vacuum is …’ which is a build in card, provided by the Miio plugin. This card contains:

• Cleaning (Stofzuigen)
  • Spot cleaning (Vlek schoonmaken)
  • Docked (Op laadstation)
  • Charging (Aan het opladen)
  • Stopped (Gestopt)

The second option if using a logic card toghetr with the WHEN card ‘The status has changes’. This is my own card which I control. When choosing this card you are able to use a lot more options within the logic, using the given ‘status’ variable. Options are:

• charger-offline
    Find out if the vacuum cleaner is unable to find the docking station.

• cleaning
    The vacuum cleaner is busy cleaning.

• returning
    The vacuum cleaner is busy returning to the dock.

• charging
    The vacuum cleaner is charging. When the battery is fully charged, this status will change to docked.

• charging-error
    The vacuum cleaner is not able to charge.

• paused
    The vacuum cleaner is paused during work.

• spot-cleaning
    The vacuum cleaner is busy doing a spot cleaning.

• error
    The vacuum cleaner has an error, maybe something is jamming the brush.

• docked
    The vacuums battery is fully charged and it’s at his dock.

• zone-cleaning
    The vacuum is busy doing a zone cleanup.

But always keep in mind the polling frequency! The lowest you can go is 60 seconds. When there is a polling towards the robot and the status has changed, the flow will trigger.

If it uses the same API, it should work. I am not familiar with the Dreame line and their support. Could it be the old API? In that case you need to Xiaomi app in the Homey app store.

Looking at some Github posts, it does not work on the same protocol. But that’s just a fast search, i’m not 100% sure.

At this point, supporting other firmware is not in the roadmap. This app uses the Miio protocol that’s build upon the Xiaomi app.

Test version 1.4.0 is now published to the test environment.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification Justin.
The Dreame is a “sister brand” of Xiaomi, they do not have their own app, the vacuum cleaner is added to and controlled via Xiaomi’s Mi Home. This is why I based my assumption that the same API would be applicable.

I am no developer so I do not know for sure.

Firmware of my L10 Pro