[APP][Pro] Remotec Technology App (v2.4.3)

I also have the ZRC-90EU (BW8510EU), but made in 2016 with v1_01 firmware.
Not sure if that makes the difference. I’ll check with Robbshop if I can test a newer version.

Just an additional check: the dip switch is set to OP (upper position)?

Yes, the dipswitch is still in the ‘normal operation’ (OP) position.

Small update:

I received a similar version from Robbshop.nl this week and I am able to reproduce the issue, but unable to solve it.

Waiting for Athom to analyze the data behind the “unknown error occurred”; which is happening outside app space = outside my reach.

2 Likes

History repeats :joy:, first Remotec 8 button remote had the same weird thing not being able to include, almost at the same time with the new Homey Pro being (almost) there, it is almost like it is meant to be.

Are there any updates on this?

I had the exact same problem for trying to add a new zrc-90 from robbshop. But I found a fix:

1. Homey APP → Settings → Z-wave → Delete a Z-wave device. Press button “L” on zrc-90 to complete.
  2. Reset the zrc-90 to factory defaults: Press and keep holding “R” button not less than 10 seconds. Followed by Release “R” button then triple click on “R” button within 2 seconds.
  3. Now add the zrc-90 as you normally would! Add APP → Remotec Technologies → Remotec Scene Master → Install → Press “L” once → Press “L” once. Done.

This time it will not give you the “Unknown error occured”. And you can use the device in your flows.
Hope this may help someone else.

Same problem here. Bought it just form the Robbshop and no way to get it right in Homey Pro 2023

No you don’t, the other’s issue that the device doesn’t include at all, in your case it does include, the ID just has changed as the device has received an update (either hardware or software) (hence “no app was found”), which means this new ID needs to be added into the app.
Perhaps you can share the IDs so the developer can look into including it into the app. (you can find the ID’s in the device’s advanced settings, 2 types are needed: Product Type ID & Product ID)

@Caseda

The ID’s are 0

Hmm, that sounds more like a bad/corrupt device, i’ve never seen a Z-Wave device with 0000 as ID on all IDs.
Edit: Might be why it failed for the other users though, so not 100% definitive it being a device issue.

I’m going to ring them tomorrow

Unfortunately exactly the same issue here.

After the message "Could not find an installed app for this device. It has been added as ‘Unknown Z-Wave Device’, the Manufacturer ID, Product Type ID and Product ID are all 0000.

Now, are these IDs 0000 because of the device reporting them, or is this the result because it was added as an ‘Unknown Z-Wave Device’?

I send it back

Understandable and probably for the best as well. I am afraid that I have waited too long for a solution to be able to send it back now.

Thanks for developing this app.

What I don’t understand about the ZXT 120 tile is that is has Thermostat and Fan Mode on the same page but with a dropdown. UI wise that’s like you have to choose between those two, but you obviously can activate cool mode on low fan. I would appreciate it if there would be simply two pages.

Also I would have the idea to make a shortcut on/off button with a predefined temperature and a predefined mode and a predefined fan speed, because that’s mostly what you want (e.g. turn on on cool, 21°, low fan speed). I know that I can build a virtual device for that, but I think that it’s such a common use case that it’s worth building into the app?

Hi,

Version ZXT-800 is in dev ?

I can help to do it.

Thank

2 Likes

Hi, how to set IR code learning - command ID, and how to use them ?
I have a ZXT-120 AC Extender, used before the product ZIPATO ZIPABOX 2 for control.
There I have entered command ID, i.e. programmed IR learning for the commands that are available for my AC but also to turn on and off the TV in my ZXT-120 AC Extender.
Easy to access from my ZIPAXOX 2, but now end of life and hopefully I can get this working on my new Homey Pro 2023

How do I access these learned IR commands in Homey?
(the old from ZIPAXOX 2 is still in ZXT-120 AC Extender memory)
If I want to reprogram, run IR learning, how do I do that?
Have to learn about new IR codes with the ZXT-120 AC Extender, but can’t get that to work either.

Tried sending command directly to ZXT-120 AC Extender via

But no response…

Anyone who knows
Code for Qlima SC-JA 2522 4,9 kW or Qlima AC in general to ZXT-120 AC Extender

https://www.qlima.com

Thanks

Got a ZRC-90EU from Robshop and ran into this. Unfortunately this reset-method didn’t work for me → update : the reset-method did work. You have to try the reset until you see the led blink twice. Then it worked…

And nothing when running through the CLI. However, on https://tools.developer.homey.app/tools/zwave I see unknown nodes added. The logging is:

[2023-10-17T07:43:29.099Z] Command[175] start: removeNode
[2023-10-17T07:43:29.105Z] Command[175] status: removeNode, status: REMOVE_NODE_STATUS_LEARN_READY
[2023-10-17T07:43:37.593Z] Command[175] status: removeNode, status: REMOVE_NODE_STATUS_NODE_FOUND
[2023-10-17T07:43:37.815Z] Command[175] status: removeNode, status: REMOVE_NODE_STATUS_REMOVING_CONTROLLER
[2023-10-17T07:43:37.930Z] Command[175] status: removeNode, status: REMOVE_NODE_STATUS_DONE
[2023-10-17T07:43:37.936Z] Command[175] end: removeNode
[2023-10-17T07:43:38.948Z] Command[176] start: addNode
[2023-10-17T07:43:38.955Z] Command[176] status: addNode, status: ADD_NODE_STATUS_LEARN_READY
[2023-10-17T07:43:45.397Z] Command[176] status: addNode, status: ADD_NODE_STATUS_NODE_FOUND
[2023-10-17T07:43:45.612Z] Command[176] status: addNode, status: ADD_NODE_STATUS_ADDING_CONTROLLER
[2023-10-17T07:43:46.551Z] Command[176] status: addNode, status: ADD_NODE_STATUS_PROTOCOL_DONE
[2023-10-17T07:43:46.650Z] Command[176] status: addNode, status: ADD_NODE_STATUS_DONE
[2023-10-17T07:43:47.166Z] Command[176] end: addNode
[2023-10-17T07:43:57.117Z] Node[47]: Marked as offline

Node47 does exist after this and testing (after pressing the W-button) works. But it’s still an unknown node without a route. However, the node does receive info after it’s woken up…

So, I would think, Homey receives data but isn’t able to read this data into something recognizable?

Update: the reset-method did work. You have to try the reset until you see the led blink twice. Then it worked…

The issues with the Remotec Scene Master should be resolved by following the updated inclusion instructions (resetting the device before inclusion) to the letter.

v2.4.3 with these instructions has been released to the app store, pending Athom’s approval.
Can already be installed through: Remotec Technologies | Homey

In the first step of the Z-wave inclusion these are the right instructions (compatible with both versions of the scene master):
First reset the device.

• Press and holder the “R” button. After a few seconds the LED will light up.
  • Wait until the LED switches off and release “R” button.
  • Triple press the “R” button within 2 seconds.
  • The LED will light up again. Wait until the LED flashes twice.
    Now remove the device.
  • Remove the device from the Z-wave netweork by pressing the “L” button.