[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

I just tried to do this myself. And I cannot reproduce what you describe. All is working as it should. Also your app diagnostics report shows no errors.

When you add a new virtual device you need to wait a minute or two until the device finished migrating. After that you need to setup a flow to fill the kWh value every so often. You will only see anything happening when the kWh is changing off course. I used my main P1 meter as source for the flow. That updates often, and I could see the PBTH virtual device updating immediately.

Are you sure you have setup your flow correctly? And are you sure the source kWh is changing often?

This I also tried to replicate, and also there all works as it should. When you change the currency sign or decimals in settings, the PBTH device needs to migrate. That is why it shows it is unavailable due to migration, and asks you to wait :wink:. So if you just wait 1 or 2 minutes, the PBTH device will be ready and will use the new currency sign and/or decimals.

Are you sure you are patient enough after changing currency?

In my case, the issue seems to have resolved itself during the day. My stats for today is still somewhat messed up, since PBTH have missed many readings, but by correcting the meter for the “start of this day”, at least it now shows the correct consumption for today.

v5.3.4 was just released as stable:

• Summarizer: Fixed unit migration for Gas.
  • update homey-api@1.10.12.
1 Like

I have several PBTH virtual devices and the ones added longer than let’s say two weeks are working fine.
No flows really fill them with info except for the current rate when that changes. (Day, night and plafondprijs). For that I have a flow running and is working fine with the existing and new added devices. So if that is working with a flow why not manually added changes?

I added a few days ago a new PBTH virtual device for gas and I only use that to show me the current rate.
Not sure what changed but for me the new added device give errors when changing things manually and the existing ones do not have issues.

Example existing virtual device:

Capture_932

Example new added virtual device several days ago:

Capture_933

I have waited days but the device keeps saying it is not ready. Not after adding it and finish migrating and not after restarting the app or even Homey.

I tried adding a new virtual device today. And as already stated all works fine on my Homey. So I cannot replicate your issue and have no clue how to help you unfortunately.

Unfortunately, it’s a pity.

Thanks.

v5.4.0 is ready for testing: Power by the Hour | Homey

• DAP: Add multiple markups on a configurable Time Of Day.

This adds the possibility to enter multiple fixed price markups to your Day Ahead Pricing device (DAP) based on Time of Day and on weekends.
Fill in hour1:markup1;hour2;markup2 etc. E.g. if starting at 6am the markup is 0.3, and starting at 10pm the markup is 0.1 fill in the following: 6:0.3;22:0.1

@spndk: please test the new feature I added for you and your fellow Danish users!
@Kai_Engvik : this also fixes the issue you reported with nighttime markup

Perhaps you can help me figure out why the value(s) of my Homewizard Energy Socket are wrong after a PBTH update and or restart of the app.

At midnight the settings are set to 0 for “KWH Deze dag” and as long as the app is not restarted or updated the values are correct. But when the app is updated or restarted the “KWH Deze dag” values are completely wrong and always set to 33… KWH Deze dag and that is the same value as the Energy Socket T1 value.

Why could this be happening every time?

Thanks.

Can you post a sceenshot of the PBTH settings of that device?

Why did you enable ‘has daily reset’? Or do you really use 635kWh in a single day?

Ah no, wait: your source device is at 34kWh today. So it does indeed reset to 0 every night?
Do you indeed use around 34kWh on a day every day?

It does reset to 0 every night because I have set that option to yes.
My usage is on workdays around 16 kwh and on weekends around 20 kwh.

Is that an option in the Homewizard app? If so disable that (and also in the PBTH app) and your issues are gone.

No, not an option in Homewizard. Only in PBTH.
It only goes wrong after a restart of the PBTH or update.

Hello all,

I have the P1 meter from HomeWizard and PBHT.
Yesterday I created a Sum-Gas device in Homey. The strange thing is that today I already have 1.39 m3. used up gas. If I extrapolate this to 1 day, it comes to approx. 2 m3 of gas per day, even though my boiler is off and I have no further gas consumption (I’m on vacation right now). HomeWizard also indicates a gas consumption of 0 m3 and Home assistant also indicates 0 m3. This information all comes from the same P1 meter. The meter reading of the gas meter is also the same all day long. See also attached screenshot.

Where is this going wrong or should I interpret this differently?

I noticed some strange behavior. PBTH reported values on yesterday that were not matching my P1. I noticed because my car started using power at 23:00h. PBTH reported 10kWh less than actual yesterday, which is exactly the amount I used between 23h and 0.00h. Could there be some timezone difference kicking in somewhere?
Edit: for today it seems fine, so no clue.

From about yesterday I receive an error in the ‘power by the hour’ device ‘virtual_meter_gas’
It says: ‘distribution has invalid length’
I think this issue started with the update to ver 5.3.4
I have no idea where to start debugging this error.

Check in advanced settings if “distribution schema” (verdeling schema) isn’t “manual budget” (handmatig budget), or supply the manual budget in year target budget.

1 Like

Thanks for the great hit! Solved.

2 Likes

I’m having an issue with the “Extra Time Of Day markup”. I try with:
6:0.12;22:0
but keep getting the error “Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘replace’)”. Fixed and variable markup work just fine.

Am I using this wrong?

2 Likes