[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

I can’t figure out how to approach this properly. When energy tariffs for the next day become available, I would like to:

• Look for the best 2 periods of 5 hours in today and tomorrow (car charging) that do not overlap each other (so in practice, probably 1 period of 5 hours in the night and the other somewhere in the next day)
  • Look for the best 2 periods of 3 hours in today and tomorrow (dryer) that do not overlap each other
  • Look for the best 2 periods of 2 hours in today and tomorrow (washing machine, dish washer) that do not overlap each other

And then inform myself about it via push notification and timeline notification.

Anyone that has something similar already created in advanced flow that might want to share the flow?

v5.4.1 was just published as test: Power by the Hour | Homey

• Fixed adding new Summarizers.
  • Fixed gas/water Summarizer settings.
  • homey-api@1.10.15
1 Like

You are not alone. I deal with the same issue currently

I think the 0 is the issue. Try replacing it with a very small number like 0.000001
I will check the code as soon as I have time.

@Gruijter
I’m afraid that doesn’t seem to be the issue.
Any value/input will return “cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘replaced’)
Hope this can help in the search? :slight_smile:
Kind regards
Mathias

Yeah, found that out myself also. Will prb be able to sling on my dev laptop this afternoon.

v5.4.2 is ready for testing

• Fixed DAP Time Of Day markup settings.

@Mr_Meri @kristioi Thx for reporting the issue!

1 Like

@HanZ many thx for your kind donation! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::beers:

1 Like

@Gruijter I try to add and configure a new virtual power summarizer device (to keep track of net energy usage), but when I try to change settings I get error message “device is not ready. Ignoring new settings!”.

I’m trying to set currency and day/month/year start value’s. Any advice on something I could be doing wrong? Or maybe bug on your side?
Using app version 5.4.2

confirmed bug. Will dig into it.

1 Like

new version 5.4.3 available as test

• Fixed Virtual Summarizer settings.
  • Fixed adding new Homey Energy devices.

:white_check_mark: :+1:

1 Like

@Gruijter all my measures have gone broken after last update. v 5.4.3

1 Like

What are measures?

Might been a bad word for it. Every power by the hour has crashed. Submitted a Issue on Github. Restared homey. Restared app and every power by the hour app.

Been working fine for the last year. 5 of 5 for different power sources says the same thing.

1 Like

Please provide more input there. Also pls send an app diagnostics report.

See v 5.4.3 broke all power by the hour. · Issue #109 · gruijter/com.gruijter.powerhour · GitHub

I found a single space in the wrong place of the code.
Can you try the new version: Power by the Hour | Homey

After installing you must manually enable ‘use Watt as source’ for the devices that need that.

1 Like

Works again. Thanks for quick response

1 Like

What has happend? Look at this strange develop:

Bottom one. All flat. No increase. Nothing. Anything wrong?

See 2 posts up… you must enable ‘use Watt as source’