[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

On all devices? I havent used that at all before?

On all devices that do not provide kWh in a standardized way.

And how do we know that? I dont understand…

In addition to previous question, - I also have 3 devices now with this error;

I can confirm have the same issue

Just selecting use watt in advanced setting if the device icon didn’t solve it straight away. A restart of the app also is needed

I changed to WATT and restarted and the error is gone.
Question from me is, - why has this happend now?

Even I share your frustration, seems to me a little bit :rage: reaction to a solution, which is provided to us for free, however I believe it has been mentioned here :

@Gruijter I understood we had to re-enable that settings because it has been disabled for existing devices or ? It’s confusing a little, also official changelog is not mentioning it, might be worth to include it there as well… :face_holding_back_tears:

Also I have some other issues with NEGATIVE values, but seems it’s caused by the device itself as it randomly erases energy consumption recorded - randomly :laughing:
So I guess in such case, Use Watt as source is the only choice, right ? Interesting is however that values were not updated for some time already and then it dropped on 4.2. , I didn’t touch that device for maybe a year or so - luckily others Power By the Hour devices seems to be fine.

@Jo_San many thx for your kind donation. Much appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Correct

If it resets to exactly 0 you could try to enable the ‘has daily reset’ option in PBTH. But use watt as source will surely work.

1 Like

I see that your device has t1,t2,rt1 and rt2 kWh meters. I will add those for exception handling by PBTH so you can start using kWh as source in stead of Watt. Using kWh is better / more stable over time.
What app/device is this you use?

I use the Iungo device that does p1 readouts for gas and electricity, also has breakout ports for pulse kWh meters and water meters .

1 Like

Still looking for a way to look for the best tariff windows in for example the upcoming day (24 hours) to use different kind of heavy power users (car, washing machine, dishwasher, dryer).
I would imagine a flow that I can run in the morning at breakfast and returns a notification with an advice on when to best run the dishes etc.
Are there people with fancy advanced flows for similar things that are willing to share?

I had the same wish, I don’t want to be alerted when the price is low, but want to know in advance which periods off the day the prices are high and low, so I can plan when to do what that day.

I think it is hard to solve with advanced flows, but I managed to do this with homeyscript.
Each time the tariffs change (action card “new prices received for …”) I save the tag with json string with all prices in a logic variable (one for today and one for tomorrow). At some times of the day (for instance when I wake up), I start a flow that calls a homeyscript. This script does the following:

• convert the json strings to an array
  • calculate the mean price
    And then in 3 iterations go through this array:
  • list every hour the price is lower than average
  • list the periods where the price is 10% under average
  • list the periods where the price is 10% above average.

I marked this flow as favourite, so it can be started manually at any monent.

It looks like this (sorry for Dutch)

2 Likes

This is great, thank you! Had not thought of Homeyscript but that seems to make much sense.

Can someone help me to fix or explain the difference I get in the values of used kwh?

I have a shelly Pro to measure the usage of the car charger and there is some difference between the measured values of the shelly and the power by the hour app.

Thanks in advance!

And what if you compare to the Homey Insights of the Shelly device of yesterday? What is the kWh value at 00:00 hrs, and what is it at 00:00 next day?

Hmm, think i’m getting the point.
Insight says the same, 9.26kWh.
So there’s a difference between the “measuring” in Homey end what the Shelly device really uses.
Think i have to ask the developer of the Shelly App?

Yep
But it could simply be caused by Shelly using a different timezone from your real timezone. Then the data is shifted one or more hours.

Many thx for your kind donation Gerard Laheij !
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

hi all. I have bought a Homewizard P1 meter. Now, after installing the Homewizard and Power by the Hour apps, how do I exactly set up a flow that sends me a daily summary of:

• how many KWh my solar panels generated
  • how many KWh I consumed from the grid
  • how many m3 of gas I’ve used

Is there someone here who has this kind of flow and could share the flow with me / us ?
Thanks in advance! :pray: