[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

@Mike1233 many thx for your donation Mike! Much appreciated :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::beers:

Hi @Gruijter :slight_smile:
Iā€™ve been using a Tibber pulse for a long time and with a added power summarizer from Power by the hour, it all worked automatically.

I have now bought an Easee Equalizer, and tried to add a power summarizer to that one aswell, but itā€™s not updating. I see the ā€œEffectā€ is null. Looking at the to devices from Homey Developer Tools they both have ā€œmeasure_powerā€ capabilities. The power summarizer linked to the equalizer is able to get the total energy value from the equalizer device.

I have also tried adding a virtual power summarizer to update the values from a flow, but that is not an option from a flow anymore?

Do you have any tips? Anything Iā€™m doing wrong? :slight_smile: Thanks!

Iā€™m considering changing to energy supplier Franks Energy for electricity and gas. I want to use my Homey to create flows, for example to send a warning when the energy price is dropping below a certain threshold (so I can automatically switch energy consuming devices on for example). Like always, with a minimum effort, meaning automatic updating of consumption (I have a smart meter with P1 cable connected to RPI > Homey, currently P1 Slimme Meter App) and automatic updating of the hourly prices of the provider (Frank Energy). Is this something that can be achieved with this app, or do I also need to consider additional apps (for example an app that delivers the prices to this app)? Furthermore, I am wondering if this app also includes a database stored on the Homey device. I have very bad experiences with Homey having too little storage or too much CPU usage (Homey becomes unstable). For this reason I prefer to store databases like this outside Homey (e.g. on a NAS or RPI).
Iā€™m curious if someone already has a configuration like this, maybe itā€™s possible to share ideas?
Peter

All included :slight_smile: This is exactly why I created PBTH. Dynamic prices, including that of Frank Energy are an integral part of the app. You only need to configure the sales tax (21% from 1.1.2023) and the markups/taxes per kWh. I dont know if P1 slimme meter app has the right meter_power capabilities, but if it does also your smart meter is supported out of the box by PBTH. If it is not using the right capabilities you can always send the actual meter values via a flow to PBTH.

If you mean historic insights, yes PBTH does store that on Homey. Since a few years already Homey is compressing historic data so that you will never run out of flash memory. Downside is it is limited to 2 years, and the resolution drastically drops the longer you want to look back in history.

But why donā€™t you just give PBTH a try and be amazed how much you can do with it with minimal configuration!

1 Like

Hoi @Gruijter, iā€™m experiencing issues regarding updating the values of my solar panel totals. It looks like they donā€™t update. The values of my gas-, electricity- and water totals do update though. Last update of solar panel info is 1 hour ago. Restarted the app already. Using version 5.0.4.

Any suggestions? Regards Walter

Hi Walter, besides PBTH app version, did you change anything in your setup? I assume you did have solar panel totals before? What app are you using for your solar panels?

Hi, i noticed the issue last night and this morning i changed the startvalues (because they where incorrect), changed the update interval to 0 and hourly delay poll to 0. After that, it looked like it was working again but now i noticed it stopped updating again.

Before i had solar panel totals and iā€™m using zonnepanelen by diederik bakker. For what itā€™s worth, the zonnepanelen app as well ad my solaredge-app and the values on the solaredge website are updating.

can you send me an app diagnostics report. And can you post here the graph of the insights showing when it stopped working?

Will do that. In the meantime i added another pbth device based on my solar panel info and suddenly the old device started updatingā€¦

I leave them together so i can monitor if they keep on updating

1 Like

@Gruijter 020bfac0-ceff-49f6-824e-be1f87646833

Very weird issue. Must be some kind of racing issue, but as good as impossible to reproduceā€¦ Need a fresh head to dig further into this.

Maybe itā€™s better not to put to much effort in this. I created a new pbth device and deleted the old one. Hope it continues updatung. Will see tomorrow and let you know the result.

1 Like

Same issue as @Walter_vande_kerkhof here since 5.0.4
Forgot I was on a test version :wink: checked the changelog, compared to insights and can definitely say the error is there since dec 28 (5.0.4 release).

Only concerning solar panels (power, gas, water still work). App reboot forces an update though, thatā€™s how I thought I ā€˜fixedā€™ it yesterday. Looking at the insights today, something else is happening.

Normally the SUM is reset to 0 at midnight. Today (29th) itā€™s reset to 0 at 16:05 CET.

Yesterday (28th) the reset to 0 was somewhere around the same time 15-16:00.
Then I rebooted the app at 20:00, SUM was corrected by itself and kept until 0:00 this morning (29th)

Rebooting the app now to see what happens for today (29th)ā€¦ And we are back, straight to 3.7 kWh. Even the total sum was ā€œresetā€ to yesterday and now fixed.

Not sure whatā€™s happening around 15:00. Itā€™s dipping to 0.9 ?? Is it reset hourly except when thereā€™s enough Watt to change the value?

@Gruijter do you want me to make a log while still in test? Else I will revert to the last stable version :wink:

@Gruijter after adding a new device and deleting the old one my ā€˜production todayā€™ dropped.

Is it possible to revert to the stable version as i noticed all devices where migrating when the testversion was installed?

Similar issue here too. Version 5.0.4. Solar panel device. Yesterday and today values are 0kwh. At 16:25 I did have report of 2.937 kWh. At 22:50 it was zero. After app restart value was back again to 2.937. Insights tells me value was set to zero at 17:03 (same time on 28th december). Month and year values have same drop in value.

Iā€™m switching to Zonneplan also. These are the values from my contract (starting in januari 2023)

1 Like

The prices had a negative value this morning from 00:00 to 07:00 :star_struck:
I have some flows that test the charge of the battery at the lowest value.
These normally work flawlessly at positive values. The card apparently does not work correctly with the negative values.

Im holding off publishing v5 as stable. There is apparentlty some issue that needs to be resolved. Thx 4 all the feedback!

2 Likes

v5.0.5 is ready for testing.

• Stability improvements.

It is very hard for me to reproduce the issues some of you testers have experienced. I did make a number of (what I hope) are stability improvements. Please let me know when weird stuff is happening still. Insights graphs showing me the problem are always very helpful for me to get an idea of where to look for the cause.

Edit: oh by the way: powernext is down, meaning no gas prices can be retrieved except for TTF LEBRA.

3 Likes

Installed the new version. Iā€™ll let you know the result. Thanks sofar!!

1 Like