[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

I found the source code.

That means that without creating a virtual device PBTH will track consumption.

Use this app to create a virtual device for grid power: < group > App voor Homey | Homey

1 Like

Hello and thanks for a great app.

I have tried to search for my question but in over 800 posts i gave upp, so I am sorry if this question has been up.

I use this app to track electricity used by my EV via my wallbox. Most EV users I believe connect their EV when they come home from work sometime between 16:00 and 18:00. Those with spot price often use some form of smart scheduling so that the car is charged when the electricity is at it’s lowest price. Many times it starts at 21:00 to 00:00 and stops 05:00-07:00.

I can see cost for “today” and “yesterday” but that doesn’t correspond with normal charging sessions. Many time my car is charged between 23:00 to 00:00 and 01:00 to 02:00 and 04:00 to 06:00. This results in the charge session is spread over two different days and the cost is reset 00:00 and I cant see cost for latest charge session. See attached photo.

I would like to add a function in the wish list.

Please let me have the possibility to set time when the counter resets every day. Either by set a custom time or have a setting to choose between 00:00 and 12:00.

And again, thanks for a great app.

Hi @Hovhag , and many thanks for your kind donation! Really appreciated :beers:

Handling time in PBTH (or any Homey app that needs time for that matter) is a nightmare. So I will not fiddle around with custom timing for ‘days’.

It would be pretty simple though to make a flow that calculates every noon for instance. Just store the kWh and Money values at 12am. By substracting the values from the previous day you have the charge session you are looking for.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Okej, I will have a try and make a flow.

1 Like

v4.5.6 is ready and released as stable.

• DAP prices persistence on app restart.
  • Fixed bug in Money prev. hour/day.

Yesterday I did not get any electricity pricing from ENTSO-E (for NL). So I’m now working on the ability to use nordpool as backup source for day ahead pricing. It is a major effort to make it work for all time zones and bidding area’s. So be patient if you also would like to have that :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

I just started using PBTH and have a similar problem with negative KWh. How did you fix this? I am using Frient plugs to measure power.

If your plug is not delivering back to the grid, then a negative kWh in PBTH suggests your plug is (randomly?) resetting its kWh to 0. Try setting this option in PBTH advanced settings.

1 Like

Which option in the PBTH advanced settings is it?
‘has daily reset’ = yes (now it is ‘no’)

1 Like

New version 4.6.0 is ready for testing.

• Added Nordpool as backup source for DAP.
  • Fixed bug in ENTSOE DAP Germany/Luxembourg.
  • Fixed bug in DAP GB.
  • Removed non-working DAP SE_Sweden_SvK

This version has a major upgrade under the hood :sweat:. I now also check Nordpool for price data in case ENTSO-E has less or no data available. See this map for area’s that Nordpool supports: Day-ahead overview | Nord Pool

I’m using PBTH already for some time and I’m a big fan but recently my 1 phase power meter got swapped for a 3 phase one and I’m getting weird readings. My Youless is running the latest sw and the readings per phase are fine, also energy readings look fine. However my PBTH app shows negative numbers when the should be positive and positive when my solar panels are providing energy. I’ve tried a reinstall, setting the nummers correct but the readings are incorrect. Also the preset reading is not correct. Any idea what is going wrong?

Can you share screenshots of Insights graph of a day that is working incorrectly? Show the youless watts and total kWh, and the corresponding PBTH kWh of this_hour.

Thx. But actuallly I meant the Insights graphs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

From above snapshots I cannot see much wrong by the way, other then that it is a brandnew meter and the ‘this year/month start’ seems to be set to to around -30kWh ( a negative number) in PBTH. Can you check what the advanced settings are in PBTH? Did you indeed set a negative number there?

This one?

^

Ah I see your problem in the settings. Why did you switch on ‘has daily reset’ ?

Ehhh no idea… I want to see my usage per day…

Usage per hour/day/month/year is what PBTH delivers per default. The advanced setting for ‘source device had daily reset’ is meant for kWh meters that do not deliver a cumulative value. E.g. some solar panel meters reset to 0 every day.
But for your main smart meter you should not use that. It messes up the values as you have now experienced :kissing_heart:

Thanks for the support… I hope it resolves my issue. I think I must have set it wrong when I reinstalled the app. :upside_down_face:

1 Like