[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

Thank you :grinning:, also maybe some of those ā€œprevā€ are not so useful, eg. prev day, prev hour - not sure I would ever use them (as insight - but who knows). Just FYI - I was just trying to take a look on this year kWh consumption and calculate/estimate this year full consumption taking ā€œwinterā€ month consumption into account (I have only Feb for Jan as prev) and I found out I canā€™t actually.

Btw, maybe the full year estimate based on average consumption from seasons, might be something some people would be looking for, including estimated billā€¦ Iā€™m not sure if that wasnā€™t idea some time ago. Just thinking out loud ā€¦

1 Like

@TR1000: Many Thanks for your kind donation! much appreciated :beers:
Your feature request will be added to the next release :wink:

1 Like

See this link. You can send yourself all prices of today or tomorrow as soon as they are reveived by Homey

1 Like

@Peter_Johnsson Many Thx for your kind donation! :beers:

You deserve it!

//Peter

2 Likes

v4.5.3 is available for testing:

• Added Insights for multiple capabilities.
  • Added option to set kWh/m3 decimals.
  • Improved new prices detection and debug logging.
  • homey-api@1.7.4
2 Likes

@OysteinEn Could you install test version 4.5.3 and create another app diagnostics reports when you notice a price deviation again? I added additional logging to figure out what is going on there.

@Gruijter Thanks, I have just installed and will let you know when/if a new significant deviation occurs

1 Like

v4.5.4 was just released as test version.

• Improved fetching new prices and detection after day change.

v4.5.5 is ready for testing

• Improved fetching new prices and detection after day change.
  • Improved DAP fetch randomization.
  • Removed invalid DAP bidding areas.

Hi Robin, the energy prices during the dayā€™nā€™night now makes it very challenging to work out flows to concider all scenarioes. in my case, I have great flows to heat water at night, but right now the prices at night are insane, and I do not have flowcards to pick this up. So, what can we work out? Obviousely we need to be able to have variables for all hours between 1300 to 1300 following day, and then a card to pick the x lowest hours the next 24 hrs. What do you think?

Hi Kai, see my previous respond to the same topic: [APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year - #726 by Gruijter

I have been testing this for a few weeks now and itā€™s working great. Thanks!!

One thing that I would like to be able to do with it, is to identify when the cheapest consecutive x hours are. ā€œThe price becomes lowest x hours in the period hours before timeā€ā€¦ This would allow me to schedule something like the dishwasher at the true cheapest part of the night. If i was to use the cheapest single hour as a trigger, but it runs for two hours, then I would not necesserily get the best price. likewise, if I use ā€œThe price becomes one of number lowest in the period hours before timeā€ then this does not guarantee that the two cheapest hours are next to eachother.

example:

23:00-00:00 - ā‚¬2
00:00-01:00 - ā‚¬5
01:00-02:00 - ā‚¬3
02:00-03-00 - ā‚¬1
03:00-04:00 - ā‚¬6

Here, as far as I can work out, withthe triggers available and a 2 hour load at 1kw contant, the price paid would be ā‚¬7. because the cheapest hour trigger would cause consumption also in the most expensive hour of the example. Likewise, if i was to trigger on the cheapest two hoursā€¦ well, thatā€™s not how dishwashers work, you canā€™t just pause like that, but it would presumable trigger on the ā‚¬2 price, also resulting in a ā‚¬7 cost.
The actual cheapest consecutive 2 hours would cost ā‚¬4 starting at 01:00

I hope i expressed my wish clearly. I also understand that perhaps I missed something and there is already a way to achieve this.

Your use case is what I use myself and have already implemented. The trigger card is called ā€˜avg price next hours becomes lowestā€™. It calculates the best consecutive hours. You can choose the best hours for today or for the next 8 hours.

When selecting the next 8 hours it will be a rolling condition. This means that when prices keep going down it will never be triggered. So I might also implement the same function but with a finite end time.

1 Like

Ahh perfect! Yes this is exactly what iā€™m asking for! I think for most situations it will work out well enough as implemented. But yes, I see that a finite time could be useful for when something must be done by a certain time at the latest.

1 Like

Hi, very nice app.
But a question. There is trigger cards for lowest prices for to day and lowest prices before a time. Iā€™m missing same function for the highest prices. I would like to make a flow that change the start temperature for my warm water heater to 30 degrees C for de 16 most expensive hours.
I have worked it around with the trigger, changed price and used the and funktion for the most expensive hours. But then the flow will send a command every our to my heater and I wish it didnā€™t.
//Peter

Hi @Peter_Ta
Thx for the feedback. There is a trigger card for price x% higher than average. You could use that.

But I agree that flow cards for high prices are not represented enough. I will add it to a next release (when I dont forget :dizzy_face:)

Trying to keep a track of energy consumption and grid energy.

I have created a PBTH device from the Battery Management System.

But I cannot work out how to get PBTH to use Grid or Consumption, I canā€™t tell what it is using right now.

Given these reading are from an inline meter before the main consumer unit, but after smart meter, they are authorative readings.

I would like to get a summary of daily Consumption and daily Grid so I can track usage and costs.

Any pointers would be appreciated

What app are you using for the BMS? It has multiple Watt meters. PBTH will use the meter that is called measure_power in the source code. So maybe the 0.0287 already corresponds to either consumption or grid.

In any case, if you want to track multiple Watt meters from the same BMS device, you need to make a virtual devices from each of the single values you want to track. You can probably use the GROUP app for that. You then start summarizing that virtual device with PBTH.

1 Like

Thanks

Victron Multiplus/Cerbo GX BMS

Iā€™ll search forum for creation of virtual devices.

1 Like