[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

ok yes it is a simple calculation. Still, I prefer a tab on my home screen with the liters per day.
It’s just for looks.

Do I have to calculate it first to save it in the logic card and then send it to virtual button? that virtual app doesn’t have that capacity either. Only Liters per hour.

Probably in the advanced setting of the powerplug of the fridge.

What device/app are you using to monitor the power of your fridge? For instance Shelly is notorious in randomly resetting the kWh value. That would cause PBTH to show a negative usage.

Possible solutions (in order)

• buy a power meter that is reliable :wink:
  • ask the app developer if random kWh resets can be fixed there
  • try to see if PBTH ‘source device has daily reset’ setting prevents it from happening again
  • try to use ‘Watts as source’ in PBTH setting
  • if all fails, buy another fridge
1 Like

Ha

1. using the Greewave plug - has been reliable for several years ( I have 35 of them)
  2. Not sure where the -3kWh is coming from
    Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 17.42.17
  3. Greenwave in Homey does not have a daily energy reset ( other Home Automations systems do)
  4. Was trying Watts as source but was getting a reading that indicated a jump to 800W per day :frowning:
  5. If my fridge is generating 3kWh every day I would definitely keep it :slight_smile:

:rofl: yes! I want one of those!

But on a more serious note I see the kWh meter is only at 0.12kWh. So either you installed this as a brand new Greenwave plug this morning, or the plug is resetting its kWh value. The Watts look ok. So setting Watts as source should work, but better would be to fix the kWh meter. That should always increase and never decrease!

Ok thanks

Looking into it the kWh value seems to reset if the Greenwave is unplugged - this appears to be a Homey issue as the Greenwaves have been great for several years

Normally not an issue the remain plugged in all the time.

Will keep an eye on them I there anyway to force a reset on the PBTH device?

1 Like

What do you mean by force a reset on PBTH? You can simply delete and re-add the PBTH device (losing all historic insights), or you could manually set the kWh values for ‘start this day/month/year’ in advanced settings.

Ok that works , thanks

1 Like

Hi Robin, I’m struggling with the pricing of my charge sessions. To help find out where it takes a wrong turn, I’d like to use the insights. But the one I’m looking for does not exist. It is the cost this year and this day variables I need. Can they be added to insights?

I occasionally also get a wrong electricity price from PHBT in NOK, when comparing with prices from other apps. I have created a flow to compare with other sources and notifiy me when it does not match within a small margin. There does not seem to be a clear pattern when this occurs, but on average one hour every second day. See example below;

2 Likes

Good job @OysteinEn ! I noticed a similar issue a couple of days ago. Could not figure why boiler did not fire as expected.

This looks al better.
Only that indication is not correct, it is not L per hour. But I can’t choose any other capacity that comes closer.
Maybe your forum members know that?

I can look into that. But i dont want to clog up insights with all possible historic data. It also takes up valuable Homey storage space.

Nice @OysteinEn ! If you know the exact hours where the tariffs are different, you can check the Entso and the Nordpool sites and see if those sources show the same price.

It would be great to find the root cause of such differences. PBTH should follow the Entso pricing.

Hi all,

What would be the best way to find the lowest price for the next x hours?
I can’t use the lowest price of this day, because it’s always in the night/morning and when i want to use my flow, that time is passed.

My usecase is that i want to start my washing machine (manually delayed start) in the night, when the price is lowest, so i need to send myself a push notification, with the cheapest hour between this evening and the following night.

Hope it makes sense :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks

1 Like

Hi again, I noticed another price difference today (29.8) for NO-01 (Oslo) at 05-06 CET.
PBTH reports 8,119 NOK/kWh including taxes and while the heating controller app (based on nordpol) reports 7,4722 NOK/kWh. From the webpages of Entso and Norpool i find that the power price at the time was 582,36 EURO/mWh. Converting to NOK using the exchange value at that time and adding taxes and grid cost - it matches almost perfectly with the cost reported from Heating Controller.

Thx for investigating. Can you send me an app diagnostics report?

Sure, I have sent you the ID on a private message. Thanks for investigating!

1 Like

Hi @Gruijter , I was trying to search if this hasn’t been answered already so apologies if this is the case.

I noticed that in the Insights I see only “kWh prev.” day/month etc. but not for example kWh this year, this month etc. I’m sure I’m missing something, right ?

obrazek

I decided I will add those Insights in a next release.

2 Likes