[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

I was running the test version of the app, thought that could be the issue so installed the official version 15 minutes ago :see_no_evil: Bet the diagnostics report wont give you anything then? If not, I’ll watch tomorrow to see if I see anything similar :slight_smile:

Maybe @Henrik_Johnsson (who saw the same for SE3) could send you the diagnostics report? :slight_smile:

Oh, and prices in PBTH are in Euro per m3. Not per kWh. To get the price per m3 you need to multiply with 0,97694444

Hmm… So:
499,92EUR/MWh / 1000 = 0,49992EUR/KWh
0,49992EUR/KWh * 0,97694444 = 0,4883940644448EUR/KWh
0,4883940644448EUR/KWh * 9,7719NOK = 4,7725NOK/KWh
4,7725NOK/KWh * 1.25 = 5,9656NOK/KWh

Still over what PBTH said 08.00 today, but also below what’s the actual powerprice (as I can see from my power supplier - they say 6,10NOK/KWh. :thinking:

Nope. That would be Euro/m3…

What unit does your gas meter at home use? In NL the home gas meters deliver m3 and not kWh as unit.

We are talking about power prices, not gas prices :slight_smile:
I was having a hard time here, understanding what you meant :sweat_smile:

Damn, you are right. Sorry :grimacing:

( must not do 2 things at the same time. My autistic brain is wired for single thread processing)

1 Like

No worries :smiley: Maybe @Henrik_Johnsson have the diagnostics report saying something for his case, and I’ll be watching out tomorrow if I see any strange prices, and let you know :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Gruijter , Hi Robin, just installed PbtH v4.5.2 When I try to connect the powermeter, it is added, but there is an error triangle shown:

Apparaat Onbeschikbaar
Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘peak’)

It is a double (high/low tarif) meter, connected to Homey via HomeyDuino and a ESP8266.
The Boiler-powermeter(not P1), the Gas-meter and the Water-meter are working good.

just send you a diagnostic report 6a95294a-7b26-47c4-96e9-aef81e78b416

Diagnostic report for wrong price in SE3:
3a2c5e02-2d20-45cb-9670-aa7419df1c0c

This app is apparently not using the Homey kWh capabilities PBTH is expecting. Try switching on ‘use power as source’. That uses Watts and probably does work.

I do see that the API was returning a lot of errors last night when trying to get the pricing. I made PBTH as resilient as possible to problems with the web service by trying to get and buffer price info every hour and doing a retry on failures. But this morning something extra weird happened. It looks like a one time fluke. But let me know if it happens more often.

2022-08-23 06:01:00 [ManagerDrivers] [Driver:dap] [Device:e35bdea7-b866-4ba6-8388-35535386ef6d] Spotpris SE3 Error fetching prices from transparency.entsoe.eu. Trying again in 10 minutes socket hang up [log] 2022-08-23 06:11:01 [ManagerDrivers] [Driver:dap] [Device:e35bdea7-b866-4ba6-8388-35535386ef6d] Spotpris SE3 did not receive 24 hours of prices for today

The site seems a bit slow to respond, perhaps suffering from the load of us anxious automationistas trying to optimize our systems in the light of the price breaking all time high on an almost daily basis.
Will keep an eye on it, was quite apparent today with a massive spike in the early morning.

1 Like

Well, in Developer Tools Devices, for this device I found :

Are this not Homey kWh capabilities? How should they look like? :thinking:

measure_power and meter_power are default capabilities that PBTH is expecting. But this app has added .consumed .offPeak and .peak to it. I included some exceptions for certain apps. But with all the different apps using different naming conventions it is getting very hard (if not impossible) to handle all these exceptions from PBTH. That is why I created the possibility to add a virtual PBTH device, and have flow send the kWh value to that device. So that is your fallback method.

In your case I think you need to add meter_power.offPeak to meter_power.peak. But how would that app handle returned power to the grid (e.g. because you have solar panels)?

Water consumption is a nice addition.
But is it possible to add also the Liters per day?
I’ve already tried something with virtual devices but it doesn’t work very well. It’s just that m³ x1000.

No, I do not plan to do that. But what exactly is your issue with m3? It is simply liters times 1000. So if your daily water use e.g. says you used 0.523m3 it would be 523 liters. Not an impossible calculation to do in your mind I would say.

1 Like

Had not discovered this, sorry, works perfect, thanks.
One remark, the default name for the energy devices is “power” and not “energy” , is this intentional? And if so, why?

BTW, my water-meter also gives Liters and not m3,
m3 are by default rounded to 2 decimals if imported via HomeyDuino, so no lliters visible.

1 Like

Yes! Ask Athom why… They introduced this wrong capability naming and never got rid of it it seems.

1 Like

Is it also rounded in the PbtH app to 2 decimals?
In my Watermeter tab in PbtH there stands m3 0.325.
But i think when the third number behind the. is a 0 then it is not showing.

Ok new to Homey and PBTH so be gentle…

I have noticed, according to PBTH, that my fridge is using negative energy, ie today it has used -3.02kWh which unexpected.

Normally it uses about 250W per day.

Is there something I have to tweak to get it back to normal again or do I really have a fridge that is generating 3kWh per day, that would be awesome!

Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 16.13.11