[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour [Feature Requests]

I don’t know if this is already requested, but for 2023 a price cap in the app. If prices are above 0,40 cents per kWh or 1.45 m3. The app uses this values instead of the dynamic prices. Only if they are higher.

Yes, see [APP][Pro] Power by the Hour [Feature Requests] - #3 by Gruijter
But…

Unfortunately it doesnt work that way. You only know in hindsight (at the end of a full month) if your weighed average price is above the price caps. It would be easier to just use dynamic tariffs and then manually check at the end of the month if you need to compensate or not.

Hi

Would love to also have the current average kwh price also.
Want to see both current moth maybe prev moth and current year.

Easy calculation to by myself but nice to have in the PBH card :slight_smile:

1 Like

So just to be clear, you mean the weighted average. So total cost of this month/year devided by total kWh this month/year?

1 Like

Exactly like that.

Even greater if you can have a no weighted average also to compare with.
So you can see if your average is over the average or not.

/Albin

2 Likes

At 16.00 the new prices are announced for the next day. A flow card would be nice to use all upcoming hours of which the prices have been published. At 16.00, the lowest price of today is not useful anymore (which 99% of the time will be during the past night or afternoon), and the next 8 hours is the evening, but not the upcoming night/day. If I want to charge my car as cheap as possible, but don’t need it for 24h, I’d like to use all remaining prices.

Also, the “lowest price of the day” is often not useful when the lowest price was during the night. An additional card using the “remainder of the day” could help a lot.

1 Like

I have been trying to implement this, but it is far from easy. The weighted average is no problem, and will be included in the next release.
But because I cannot go back in time, the unweighted average means I have to start averaging from the day you add the summarizer device in PBTH. So when you start in February, the ‘average tariff this year’ will not include January. Also there can be summarizers that get their tariff from a flow. But in that case, what is the average when e.g. at 6 am the tariff is changed, and again the same day at 4 pm and again at 6 pm. The tariff between 6am and 4pm was used much longer than the tariff between 4pm and 6pm. So I would say also the unweighted average tariff should still weigh the time it was active for.

Any ideas here in the forum on this topic? At this point I see it as being too complex to implement.

Well, maybe it’s not as easy as I thought.

An alternative might be to just sum the average price each day and average the sum by the number of days.

But as you say is will only be from when you added the PBTH.

v5.3.0 has this implemented now
With the weighted average price per kWh/m3 you can quickly compare your weighted price for a month and year. For NL users this can be e.g. compared to the maximum prices that the NL government guarantees (prijsplafond).

v5.3.0 has this implemented now
You can enter your own power/gas/water distribution budget. You need to enter the budget for each month, starting in January, seperated by ; .
So for instance: 100;90;70;50;20;-10;-50;-10;20;50;70;90

1 Like

That is great :+1:t2:. Thx.
App did update on my homey. The summariser apps show red exclamation mark with error message when opening:

Is this going away after update of device? Or is something wrong :scream:

Also this message after update!

Maybe… problem with migration testing is that I can only do that test myself once… I did not have this error myself.

It should have said: migrating. And after 10 minutes or so all should be good.

Can you send a diagnostics report?

Done, see DM

Hotfix created. Can you test? Power by the Hour | Homey

Migration looks fine now :grinning:
Will check changes later on this afternoon. First finish cleaning house :joy:

1 Like

@Jacques_Derks Is the new version 5.3.2 also working for you now?

@Gruijter Changed my solar panels summariser to manual distribution budget. Where can I enter the budget? Device is not available with error message

That makes sense, but where to enter it?
Switching back to previous distribution budget doesn’t make the error disappear.

Sorry found it, at year budget in advanced settings.
Error message still there, but disappears after app restart :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes, thank you very much. Have a nice day.

1 Like

Hi there, and thank you for a great Homey app!

Feature requests:

• NBP (UK) for Gas prices, as the prices in ENTSO-E only include prices for Northern Ireland since Brexit
  • MIBGAS (ES) for Gas prices
  • THE (D) for Gas prices
  • Electricty spot prices for UK
1 Like