[APP][Pro] Plejd

So I finally pulled the trigger and bought a HP2023.

First, let me thank Emil for all the work he has put into this. The Plejd app has really been working great on my HP2019.

With that being said, should I expect some difficulty with Bluetooth in general on the HP2023? I seem to recall reading about it like 6 months back.

Since 6 months is a a lifetime in software development I am reaching out to others that use HP2023 with Bluetooth and especially Plejd to learn from your experiences.

Still the same, no BLE improvements in the firmware for months

Thank you for the reply. Is it your opinion that I should keep running my old HP2019 and hold off on installing the new one or are the issues minor?

Unless you will see again updates with regards to the BLE stack, I must say unfortunately - yes.
I don’t have Plejd mesh device, however the issues that were reported, were not minor - the Plejd has to be literally in few cm away from Homey 2023 to get it working reliably. That was however 3-4 months old finding, maybe someone else can provide more details.

I had issues with Xiaomi Flora devices and implemented workaround as HP2019 was booting already for me 20 min, it was showstopper and I had to switch over to HP23. Now I got Xiaomi Flora integrated via ESP32 and had 0 issues with it. In parallel I keep running old integration … for 5 months no connections.

1 Like

Hello.
Great app @Emil_Ohman!

But i have a request.
Is it posible to add a card that increses/decreses dim level over time?

I think philips hue have this card. Dim to 50% over 10 sek.

I have a dark basment and a motion sensor that triggers a pledje dimmer. It goes to 60% instantly, looks a lot cooler if it goes from 0-60% over 5-6 sek.

Keep up the good work!

-Bendik

1 Like

Hello,
Does the Plejd motion sensor work with Homey Pro?

You can use transitions from the chronograph app to do that.

I now took the plunge and installed my Homey 2023.

I am very happy to report that the Plejd devices work even better than before. Now, I do have quite a few of them so my guess is that you do need a strong mesh to be on the safe side.

@Emil_Ohman A BIG thank you to you!

Of all the protocols Plejd with BT using your app was the only one that just worked without me doing anything at all after upgrading! Impressive!

Hi.

Homey “homey5q” here (2023).
I just installed my first Plejd device, and it is not showing up in my Homey. It just has the status message
“Device Unavailable
Connecting to Plejd BLE mesh”

The device is a “VRI-02”.

EDIT, please disregard. After an hour of thinking, and without any input from me the system came up.
Smooth sailing so far then, nice app :slight_smile:

I’ve added a setting so you can toggle dimmable support per device in the latest version 3.4.0.

1 Like

In the latest release I’ve added support for scenes. Scenes can be used to trigger events based on double-clicks.

Make sure you have your username and password saved in the Plejd app settings so that the app is able to fetch available scenes from your Plejd setup.

Scenes can be used to create flows triggered by double-click.

• First, create a scene in the Plejd iOS/Android app and give it a name, e.g., for the button it will be used for (kitchen button 1).
  • To be able to save the scene, you must toggle a state in your Plejd mesh. You can either choose a device and state that you want to change or use a Plejd device, e.g., a SPR-01, that is dedicated to scenes and not used for anything else.
  • Once the scene is saved, you can connect it to a button that will trigger the scene on double-click.
  • Now, go to your Homey app, create a scene, choose the scene trigger card from this app, and select your Plejd scene from the list.

1 Like

Great!
(Test still in regards to CRT-01 + RTR-01)

• I just upgraded the app to 3.4.0 and I see that “Dimmable” shows up and is default set to Yes.
  • Still, dimmer slider does not show in app until I set Dimmable to No, save, set Dimmable to Yes, save.
  • When trying to dimm, I get error
  • Also, there are no flow cards for dimming …but I hope that will come in next version.

Thanks again!

:warning: Solved!
The solution was to install the device again - now everything works …including flow cards.
Might be a good reminder for all current users.

Thanks for reporting! Just published version 3.4.1 with a fix so you don’t need to reinstall devices.

Hi.
I just added a DIM-02 and it works fine to dim, but it also shows light_mode (color and ambience) which it doesn’t support.

Thanks for a great app.

Big thanks to Emil! (This was before the fix.)

I just switched the feature off and on again with a save in between on my non dimming devices and I am finally 100% plejd-native-app independent thanks to Emil’s excellent work! Again thank you!

Hei
Is it possible to add colour temperatur slider or variable for the Plejd lights that supports it?

Hi,

I am experiencing ble mesh issue now with dim 02 and Homey Pro 2023. It worked earlier today but when I added one more dim 02 device I got the same issue for all my plejd units. Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit, today it worked! Just seems that the waiting gsme does the trick.

The Homey Pro 2023 has some really big problems when it comes to BLE. Athom/Homey has no intention to fix it in the near future… here is the latest response from Athom:

We are aware of BLE problems in Homey Pro 2023. Please believe us when we say that these are very hard problems to solve. We can not elaborate on this problem any further unfortunately.

The problem is that the BLE has a really bad connection and it also conflicts with the WIFI. So two possible solutions is:

• Turn off WIFI (and use the ethernet adapter) and see if the BLE works better.
  • Have one or more Plejd devices as close as possible to the Homey e.g. an SPR-01 next to the Homey. Remember that only one device can be connected to one Plejd device at the same time. So if you have two Plejd devices you can connect two devices e.g. Homey + mobile phone. Turn off the App in your phone so the Homey connects to the closest possible.

Also try restart your Homey that works for the most cases :slight_smile:

Wow, great work Emil! So far, I have been using the official Plejd app. I have requested Plejd multiple times to add this feature. According to Plejd, this was not possible. I am switching to your app!!

Another question, I have several JAL-01 pucks. These are fairly new. Do you expect to add them to the app, and is there any way I can help you with this?

Edit:

I can add the JAL-01, but it sees it as a light. Not as a shutter.