[APP][Pro] Philips TV Testing

WOL Doesn’t work on my Philips TV. I thinks there’s a bug on the OS because even Chromecast can’t activate it after a long standby…

Thank you Lucas for responding

I found a s9 I had laying around.
Installed the official Philips tv remote app from the play store. Unfortunately it was not able to connect. I feel like perhaps I’m doing something not right. Or it is because of my WiFi? I’m using a ubiquity mash router. The tv is connected through Ethernet cable. I remember there was an issue with Sonos as well since not all the devices were connected to the same node.
(All devices tested are connected on the same WiFi)

Here are some pictures
IP address tv

Since I’m a newb I’m not allowed to post more pictures. The next photos show that I’m entering the same ip into the tv app and stating no TVs are found.

Thank you very much for taking the time to help out! It is greatly appreciated!

UNCOWN PAIRING TYPE (ERROR) I cant add my device.

Hi Lucas,

I tried your beta earlier and I thought that I couldn’t use it because my TV doesn’t have the Jointspace API. I however did keep track of this topic, and this post triggered me. I have been using the app you mentioned (Philips TV Remote App) for a while now to control my TV.

So from what I understand, it should be possible to connect to my TV?

I get an error when using the suggested URL’s for every combination, except for:
http://192.168.2.15:1925/1/system
(192.168.2.15 is the IP of the Philips TV, I checked)

So this confirms that I don’t have an Android TV (knew that).
Does this also mean that I have the Jointspace API version 1?

The response for that URL is:

{
“menulanguage”: “Dutch”,
“name”: “PHILIPS TV”,
“country”: “Netherlands”,
“serialnumber_encrypted”: “K2kseVsmQFgkd15gKkJ+aiIsCsi7OfLkhK2Vlv/A/LQ=”,
“softwareversion_encrypted”: “K2kseVsmQFgkd15gKkJ+ao+IN30u9WA8apvZ8LuQYkrUGEcxIhN1tkDM7wnn3V+5”,
“model_encrypted”: “K2kseVsmQFgkd15gKkJ+ajuICzi+faV7wPPQ2fzaznQ=”,
“deviceid_encrypted”: “Kzwse1shQCMkJV4mKj9+Pi7RWSbYkpoqMOZN0EvMfp8=”,
“nettvversion”: “4.4.1”,
“epgsource”: “broadcast”
}

Strang enough, when selecting that IP, API version and tv type, the app freezes when I hit ‘Save data (gegevens opslaan)’. Nothing happens. When I use the standard IP (192.168.1.50), which your app probably detects, it goes to a loading screen which eventually times out.

And yes, the TV is on during the installation process.

I’m getting wrong PIN when pairing. Have tried to restart app and also reinstall the app with no result .
Query URL: http://192.168.1.14:1925/6/system

Result:
{“notifyChange”:“http”,“menulanguage”:“Norwegian”,“name”:“65PUS6521/12”,“country”:“Norway”,“serialnumber_encrypted”:“x0QcLUkzOOEBP0Xp7hC6lHEksj6o1hh9qKGkAGsPdpA=\n”,“softwareversion_encrypted”:“JJ+2zJVpLZ8hlVZOSRSYOcqLryb6KpM093TqAJmOokA=\n”,“model_encrypted”:“FEVXUNo1k1TpjGVuLjFIC4mq5LdmEMEW4uUTC7haXVY=\n”,“deviceid_encrypted”:“v5mjGXXXOcEztvi9Qi9vTfgYhJ01hoxL59CeVzLDpi8=\n”,“nettvversion”:“8.1.3”,“epgsource”:“one”,“api_version”:{“Major”:6,“Minor”:2,“Patch”:0},“featuring”:{“jsonfeatures”:{“editfavorites”:[“TVChannels”,“SatChannels”],“recordings”:[“List”,“Schedule”,“Manage”],“ambilight”:[“LoungeLight”,“Hue”,“Ambilight”],“menuitems”:[“Setup_Menu”],“textentry”:[“context_based”,“initial_string_available”,“editor_info_available”],“applications”:[“TV_Apps”,“TV_Games”,“TV_Settings”],“pointer”:[“not_available”],“inputkey”:[“key”],“activities”:[“intent”],“channels”:[“preset_string”],“mappings”:[“server_mapping”]},“systemfeatures”:{“tvtype”:“consumer”,“content”:[“dmr”,“dms_tad”],“tvsearch”:“intent”,“pairing_type”:“digest_auth_pairing”,“secured_transport”:“true”}}}

1 Like

Trying to connect a 2019 TV without success, getting a 403 response when using api version 2-5 and a “unknown_paring_type” when trying apiversion 1 and 6.

here is the output from. http://192.168.0.189:1925/6/system

{
“menulanguage”: “Swedish”,
“name”: “43PUS6754/12”,
“country”: “Sweden”,
“serialnumber_encrypted”: “K2kseVsmQFgkd15gKkJ+aoPKR1aKzTdPuw9DZyn2HxY=”,
“softwareversion_encrypted”: “K2kseVsmQFgkd15gKkJ+amueMe3DHAmDQ8d/R/pbq76od3Wmqm0WSs8gfLFv0gbo”,
“model_encrypted”: “K2kseVsmQFgkd15gKkJ+akZN/hgdOuXoNRhSqoux/7Q=”,
“deviceid_encrypted”: “K2kseVsmQFgkd15gKkJ+atwhZKcsUxdLu9RuWC/KLAY=”,
“nettvversion”: “4.6.0.1”,
“epgsource”: “no_epg”,
“api_version”: {
“Major”: 6,
“Minor”: 1,
“Patch”: 0
},
“featuring”: {
“jsonfeatures”: {
“recordings”: [
“List”,
“Schedule”,
“Manage”
],
“ambilight”: [
“Hue”,
“HueStreaming”,
“Ambilight”
],
“textentry”: [
“context_based”,
“initial_string_available”
],
“inputkey”: [
“key”,
“unicode”
],
“pointer”: [
“context_based”
],
“activities”: [
“browser”
]
},
“systemfeatures”: {
“tvtype”: “consumer”,
“content”: [
“dmr”
],
“pairing_type”: “none”,
“companion_screen”: true,
“os_type”: “Linux”
}
}
}

2 Likes

Hi @HavardB and @Henric_Loven , thanks for the feedback!

I will look into this as soon as I can.

I also feel it’s fair to warn you that a solution may not be found. This is because there’s no official documentation on the Jointspace protocol, and after trying to get in touch with the developers of the Jointspace protocol (TP Vision) for about a year now, I have given up. Everything I’ve made up until now has been reverse engineering and guesswork. However I will continue to try and get this working for everyone. Hope you understand.

@Henric_Loven I’ve created an issue on github for your case. I will post any updates there.

@HavardB same goes for you case.

Any feedback on my post?

Hi @Neuron44 I’ve created an issue on github for your case. I suspect I know what the problem is. I suggest keeping an eye on the issue on github and subscribing to the test version of the app when it’s available.

I’ll post any updates about this issue on github at:

1 Like

App is working with recent 55OLED854, on API 6. Thanks for all the effort!

Can switch the TV on and off, however after a while this does not work anymore (not sure what the duration is though).

Would like to trigger an action when I start Netflix… Is that a (future) option in with your app / Jointspace? (The chromecast app provides the option, but I cannot select the app there, chromecast app is still quite unstable)

@cjvs

Yeah, the wake on LAN feature doesn’t really work that great on Philips tv’s… I think I only got it working 2 out of 10 times after the TV has been turned off for more than an hour. So now I just use a smart plug to completely power it off and when it’s turned on again the app is able to turn on the TV. Did you also mean that turning off your TV sometimes doesn’t work?

Regarding the flow card trigger which fires when an app is launched; yes this is possible and yes this is something I’ve got planned but I need fix some issues in the part which watches for status updates first.

PSA for people with a model from 2019
Your TV might, or might not work with this app.

TP Vision (manufacturer of Philips TV’s) has apparently disabled(or bricked) the Jointspace protocol somewhere during this year. Their own official app doesn’t even work anymore. If they disabled it, it will probably never be supported again. If they bricked it, it might be resolved by a future software update. Sadly there is no way to know which it is and nobody at TP Vision who’s willing to talk to me. You can test if your TV still supports the Jointspace protocol by trying to control it from the Android app.

So fingers crossed I guess :crossed_fingers:

I’m afraid this regards your model @Martijn02091989

I use Harmony Hub and turn it on with IR, but it’s not the same. This bug also messes with the built in chromecast, which is often unavailable…

Thank you for the feedback!

I’m trying to set up my Phillips TV and I see two apps
One is old and installs and works okay, but some commands don’t work and there is no option to change source (which is the main reason I want it)

The other is newer but won’t let me install saying “incompatible app version”

Which should I use? And why can I not install the other?

Edit. Seems like the one I want to use is the one that gives incompatible app version when trying to install on Homey - any way this can be updated to use it? @lucasvdh

@vaderag the old app is not mine, the new app is partly based on the old one but has a lot of extra logic to deal with newer models and pairing them.

The new app requires that your homey has the latest 3.0 firmware, that’s probably why it’s giving you that error. If you’re already on the latest homey firmware let me know and I’ll take another look at why it’s not working.

In other news, happy new year everyone :tada:

Thanks @lucasvdh
I checked my homey and says I’m on the latest firmware… I’m 3.2?

Edit: and a happy new year to you too!
Edit 2: seems that your app is the one I can install the other is the one I can’t (but yours seems older??) Very confused. Is yours still in development? It didn’t seem to have any way to change source that I could see?

Hi all,

I want to create an virtual device which can trigger the ambilight + hue on/off. This is a separate button within the remote but I want to use it within a flow. Is this possible?

Hi @lucasvdh I need your help, when I tried to add my TV, I also get an “De pincode is incorrect” error.

My TV is from 2016 and model is: 43PUS6501/12 Software version is QM163E.0.26.68.0 (7 nov 2019)

Response on: http://“TvIPnumber”:1925/6/system

{“notifyChange”:“http”,“menulanguage”:“Dutch”,“name”:“43PUS6501/12”,“country”:“Netherlands”,“serialnumber_encrypted”:“Wpi8wVsczHduwjkI+PEYsZzZkYd9og+GCCOghXx7aWE=\n”,“softwareversion_encrypted”:“PNkjv0hA3fiQ1VogQz76br2sVOc6FJHcD4IaXSDjVMc=\n”,“model_encrypted”:“r3qmEuCseAotZzf3O3/tJzcYCl/2bTky2udkU4i7jnk=\n”,“deviceid_encrypted”:“RBrZquIXITiXQxr2qbQv1zPtXM9CSwrC9CzzLuZE2vE=\n”,“nettvversion”:“8.1.3”,“epgsource”:“one”,“api_version”:{“Major”:6,“Minor”:2,“Patch”:0},“featuring”:{“jsonfeatures”:{“editfavorites”:[“TVChannels”,“SatChannels”],“recordings”:[“List”,“Schedule”,“Manage”],“ambilight”:[“LoungeLight”,“Hue”,“Ambilight”],“menuitems”:[“Setup_Menu”],“textentry”:[“context_based”,“initial_string_available”,“editor_info_available”],“applications”:[“TV_Apps”,“TV_Games”,“TV_Settings”],“pointer”:[“not_available”],“inputkey”:[“key”],“activities”:[“intent”],“channels”:[“preset_string”],“mappings”:[“server_mapping”]},“systemfeatures”:{“tvtype”:“consumer”,“content”:[“dmr”,“dms_tad”],“tvsearch”:“intent”,“pairing_type”:“digest_auth_pairing”,“secured_transport”:“true”}}}

I also have problems with pairing my tv. I can’t confirm the code i get on my tv. Is there a solution for this?

1 Like