[APP][Pro] Philips TV Testing

Figured out one reason, apparently my router’s ip binding by MAC address wasn’t as strict as I thought lol.

Thanks for the feedback @Peter_Hendrix

1 Like

If all goes well and Athom approves my submission, the first beta version of the app will soon be published :raised_hands:

To everyone who still have the pairing issues:
I’m still in contact with TP-vision, trying to resolve this. But response from their end is incredibly slow. It usually takes more then 3 weeks for them to reply :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Hi lucasvdh! I hope your project is going well.
I was just to start the same kind of project as you are developing, but since I found this I don’t have to :slight_smile:
How are things going? Can I contribute in some way?
Have you found a way to unpair a device after it has been paired?

1 Like

Great to hear! I sent you a dm with info if you’re interested.

To all testers:

The button overview of the device is getting an overhaul soon and I’d like your input.

Because the TV has a lot of custom button capabilities and all are visible as a UI-button there are A LOT of options when you go to the button overview of the device. This might have been able to function if Athom would allow for custom icons on button capabilities or if they provided a more compact way to display the buttons, but that is currently not an option.

So I’ve decided that it’s probably best if the majority of the buttons is removed from the UI quick actions. To be clear, this view:

Now, I’d prefer not to remove any useful buttons, so do people actually use any of these? I know that I personally do use the buttons for toggling Ambilight and Ambilight + Hue, but are there any others?

The following list of button capabilities is currently displayed:

ambilight_onoff
ambihue_onoff
key_play
key_pause
key_stop
key_back
key_confirm
key_home
key_previous
key_next
key_source
key_rewind
key_fast_forward
key_cursor_left
key_cursor_up
key_cursor_right
key_cursor_down
key_play_pause
key_online
key_record
key_toggle_ambilight
key_toggle_subtitles
key_teletext
key_viewmode
key_watch_tv
key_adjust
key_info
key_digit_1
key_digit_2
key_digit_3
key_digit_4
key_digit_5
key_digit_6
key_digit_7
key_digit_8
key_digit_9
key_digit_0
key_dot
key_options
key_info
key_find
key_red
key_green
key_yellow
key_blue

I intend to only keep the following list of buttons:

ambilight_onoff
ambihue_onoff
key_back
key_confirm
key_cursor_left
key_cursor_up
key_cursor_right
key_cursor_down

If you think more should added to this list or if you think some should be removed, please let me know which one(s) and why.

Cheers :v:

key_source: this key can select a especific source? Can be used in flows?

Any news on the approval by Athom?

No, this is the same key as on your TV remote. It opens the overview to select a specific source. However you can’t really know what the current selected item is… I’m still planning on check if a source can be selected via the post activity jointspace feature (only available on Android TV though)

No not yet.

Hi Lucas,

App works rather good already!
2 questions:

1. is it possible to add the ambilight+hue button in the then section of a flow as a ‘toggle ambilight+hue’ function?
  2. Does the possibility exist that when you power on the TV via the remote, in Homey becomes ‘active’ as well? Now it remains greyed out.

Thanks
Jacco
Ps. Testing with an OLED803

1 Like

Hi, where did the app go? I cannot find it anymore on the store and I had to uninstall it few days ago… :pensive:

You should install in manually from the repo at https://github.com/lucasvdh/codes.lucasvdh.philips-jointspace

A startingpoint at https://apps.developer.athom.com/

1 Like

@Gust0 yeah, Athom changed their app store policy…

Apps no longer have an alpha version (closed testing) and apps must have a stable release before they can have a beta (or testing as they call it nowadays). I’m try to get a stable release out there asap so people can download it via the store again.

In the meantime you can manually install it again as @Peter_Hendrix suggested. Read the “getting started” on how to install athom-cli.
https://apps.developer.athom.com/tutorial-Getting%20Started.html

If your on Linux or Mac e.g.

git clone git@github.com:lucasvdh/codes.lucasvdh.philips-jointspace.git
cd ./codes.lucasvdh.philips-jointspace
homey app install
2 Likes

Thank you! Much helpful! :blush: unfortunately I’m getting a strange error when installing, I’ll find out how to solve it

✓ Packing Homey App...
events.js:187
  throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event
  ^

Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, scandir '/Users/username/Library/Autosave Information'
Emitted 'error' event on Pack instance at:
at Pack.destroy (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homey/node_modules/tar-stream/pack.js:202:17)
at onstat (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homey/node_modules/tar-fs/index.js:97:26)
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/homey/node_modules/tar-fs/index.js:35:25
at FSReqCallback.oncomplete (fs.js:146:23) {
  errno: -1,
  code: 'EPERM',
  syscall: 'scandir',

Looks like you’re running the install command without sufficient permission.

That’s inconvenient, thanks a lot! :smiley: However the app was quite stable for me!

If only Athom would agree with you :crazy_face:

If only Athom would have their priorities straight :woozy_face:

Hi There,
I seem to have a problem connecting the television in the Philips app on homey.
Here are some facts

• Year your TV was made
  • Model name
    Philips 55PUS7304 The One
  • Test if one of the following urls works (api_version can be 1 to 6)
    On the http with gate 1925 I just get a white screen on all api versions
    On https 1925/1926 I get nothing.

While trying to connect the tv through homey app I get the following:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi @Martijn02091989 ,

This is an issue which I haven’t encountered before and I’ll have to further look into it to give you an answer. I’ve opened a new issue on github to track the progress.

Could you test if the Philips TV Remote Control Android app works for you?

This app uses the same communication protocol as the Homey app and if it works we should be able to get the Homey app working. If you don’t have an Android phone you could test it via an Android emulator, because I don’t think there’s a version for iPhone.

successfully installed Thank you! :pray:
But how does it work with updates?