[APP][Pro] Philips Hue Zigbee (Without the bridge)

Hello there I,am a newly
I,am a proud owner now of Homey pro 2023
And I have a couple of hue lights
I have 2 lights that I unpaired with the RC.
But the Hue without bridge app doesn’t find them.
How do I get them in pairing mode, so I can pair them.

Hi, I have a Homey Pro 2023 and managed add both Philips Hue app and Philips Hue Zigbee (without bridge app). Now I am able to add all devices to my Homey Pro app with the bridge. But now I have two 2 new Philips Hue wall switch modules. I want to add them to the Zigbee network without bridge directly to the homey, but can’t select the symbol for the wall switch module. I tried several others but no discovery.
So my question is which type device (symbol) did you choose to get it connected.

Migrated yesterday to the new Homey Pro 2023, almost everything from philips hue works fine. But 1 thing isn’t working, the temperature and lux values from the motion sensors aren’t updating. Only after removing and adding it works again :frowning:

Has anyone else notice this?

Hi Johan, Mike,

Same here with two units, also SML003 model. interview shows info below:

Walter

I just bought a Fugato Triple Spotlight. Its basically just three bulbs in a lamp, where each bulb is controlled individually . If you use the hue app, it adds three different light sources, but they are also grouped as one light source.

This homey app has support for that lamp, but it just adds one of the three bulbs. Is the intended solution to add the three bulbs individually as a Fugato Triple Spotlights? If so, what is the best way to group these bulbs?

You need to add each light separately, so also the 2 other lights 1 by 1.
They are indeed technically just 3 GU10 bulbs, and Homey doesn’t have the capability to add all 3 in 1 go.

For grouping you could go any way you can group devices in Homey (either no grouping (just all 3 separate in flows), create a virtual device and connect that to all 3 (device capabilities app can be bound to all 3 with “react”), or the <group> app)

2 Likes

Hi again.
OK, I see the nice features this adds but as I understand it the Hue Sync Box communicate with any light via the Hue Hub. And a Zigbee device can’t be added to two networks… or does it not?

Start by testing the test version of the app, if this version does not support your device you can request your devices to be added here: Sign in to GitHub · GitHub

Test version: Philips Hue, without the bridge App for Homey | Homey

Tried this version?
https://homey.app/en-gb/app/com.philips.hue.zigbee/Philips-Hue,-without-the-bridge/test/

Try the test version: Philips Hue, without the bridge App for Homey | Homey

Thanks @Caseda. Hmm… perhaps I should mention this in the app somehow…

I suggest you create a flow that reacts to changes in one of the light sources and copy this to the other light sources. By using this “main” light source in other flows or physical buttons you will have a unified behavior.

It can control any light or set of light as in an entertainment room.

You can only add a Zigbee device in one network I think. Never tried adding it twice.
If this is the case than I’m not sure if this will work with your app as well because the Sync box needed to be added to the Hue bridge in order to work. The software is also integrated in the Philips Hue app (Not the Homey app but original app.)

Did not think of this when I asked this question. :man_facepalming:

Super, it works!!! thanks for the swift response

Walter

1 Like

Yes, did use the test version unfortunate. Wasn’t a big deal to readd the sensor.

Hey Johan,

So I have some Philips hue remotes, the are unfortunately no longer available, but you can still get the bridge to add them. They are using zigbee much like the original living colours lamps.

I was wondering what your thoughts are on adding these older remotes to the app? Happy to send(buy) you one to test with

Hi there,

I just tried to include a brandnew Hue Smart Plug to Homey Pro (early 2023) using the Hue without the bridge - app. Unfortunately, the device gets only included as an „unknown zigbee device“. It‘s the latest version of the plug (zigbee + bluetooth). Is this version not yet supported by this app?

hello, I can’t create a flow that allows me to turn on a lamp with the outdoor detector only when it’s dark, can you help me Please

Althought they will not show up in homey…
You can integrate these remotes into your homey ecosystem.

You will be able to use the remotes control lights that are also controlled by homey

See this thread

A bit out off topic for the thread, but since it’s the Hue sensor… :slight_smile: Something like this?

I added a check to make sure the lux value is still lower than a set value, else the flow might trigger several times.