[App][Pro] PaperTrails Log - Advanced Logging and Log management (v0.6.3)

That’s where the CSS customisation comes in, you can make the viewport the width you want it to be.

Any plans for updating the app to Homey 2023?

As soon as I can test it on a Homey Pro 2023 I think :wink:

2 Likes

Isn’t it possible to test it on a current Homey Pro? That’s on SDK 3 as well…

I know but didn’t have time and it isn’t available yet I guess.

I just read in the recent recent Development Blog of Homey 2023 that you already did some extensive testing :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::

2 Likes

Found some time already for a Papertrails SDK 3 update? :wink:
Or is the new Homey Pro just too nice to play around with? (Or just giving you difficulties…?)

Hi there, I´m just testing PaperTrails Log, but get a strange error:

|2023-03-06 09:28.34||Alarmschwelle: NaN|
|2023-03-06 09:29.53||Alarmschwelle: NaN|

The variable is shown as NaN

My flow for this is:

You can see, that the variable is existing.
Any idea, what could be wrong?

NaN = not a number
It’s not Papertrails related.
Try a timeline notification along with the Papertrails card. You’ll see it shows NaN as well.
Not sure why the logics card doesn’t add the numbers to the variable.

2 Likes

myNumVar:

Flow + result:

Nope, look at

the 43 is the “Placeholder” is nothing is set.

And that can happen if you didn’t enter a correct formula…
As @Peter_Kawa says, Isn’t an Papertrails Issue, Same for a Build in notiofication.
Just PEBKAC :wink:

You can reproduce it this way

{{Note the extra Space } }

2 Likes

Thanks for your time.

It seemed, that my changes lastet longer till Homey used them, as I fixed my bug before.

Hmm, nu er steeds meer 2023 Pro’s afgeleverd worden door DPD, zou die SDK3 versie toch wel erg van pas komen.
Ik hoop dat je binnenkort de tijd vind ervoor !

1 Like

Please, in english.

1 Like

Would love to see a SDKv3 version for my 2023 homey Pro! Using this app for a long time now, for debugging purposes…

Kun je iets aangeven over wanneer je denkt tijd te hebben voor de update van de Papertrails app, @Dijker?
Je app is populair en dan hebben we een beetje een idee… :slight_smile:

For some cases the simple (sys) log app maybe an alternative. Downside is that you need to replace all papertrails cards with simple syslog cards before migrating, and that the app is still in the testphase.

Yes, I am certainly looking into Simple Log. Thanks for highlighting it. :+1:t2:
In fact, already had a conversation with Arie about it, including how to get rid of the Papertrails cards from my current flows.

1 Like

Hi guys,
Sorry to let you so long waiting,
I had some other priorities recently and fixing the bugs and making stable in my code is more difficult than I thought.
In the meantime I see SimpleLog has evolved to an App with the things I was missing initially and is beyond the capabilities of Papertrails now.
Arie even added the SysLog Device that I also had on my mind to move with PaperTrails to. (but I did not start yet)
I see no reason for two almost the same Apps in the store, so I am putting Development now on hold now,
Not sure if or when I pick it up if I have nothing else on my mind.
thanks for supporting and your interest in Papertails.

I guess someone will come with a nice script to replace all PaperTrails cards to SimpleLog

6 Likes

Thanks for the update @Dijker. And for clearing the way for @Arie_J_Godschalk (or someone else) to replace Papertrails cards for Simple Log cards…
Even a way for deleting all Papertrails cards on SDK 2 would be great to start fresh on SDK3 with Simple Log…

1 Like